صفر

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗘: ♥︎

♥︎ |——| ♥︎ 𝗢𝗠𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗖𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

" kentrell do you think we're going to be friends forever? " 8 year old ke'ala asked as all the noise that was heard was the sound of their puffer coats and their g nikes hitting the ground.

" i don't know ke'ala, hopefully we do " 9 year old kentrell let out followed by a heavy sigh.

it was currently snowing and a little dark out as they walked back home from school.

" i hope we be friends in the future to.. " ke'ala said.

" kentrell can we go to the corner store really quick? i want skittles " ke'ala said softly.

he nodded his head as they walked hand in hand to the corner store.

they were only able to get a little due to the amount of money they had.

" heyy, how you got 5 dollars " ke'ala asked with a whine.

" because i save my money, unlike you " he said with attitude lace in his voice.

" hmph " ke'ala let out reaching her hand up to the counter setting her candy down.

kentrell reached and sat his candy, chips, and juice on the counter.

" your total is $4.00 " the cashier said.

kentrell handed the cashier his 5 and the cashier took it reaching down giving him back his dollar bill.

he reached down giving kentrell the bag and they left the store.

♥︎ [——] ♥︎

" don't eat up all my shit ke " kentrell said as they walked up the apartment building stairs.

" i'm not, i'm not " ke'ala waved him off and continued eating.

she got the single house key out of her puffer coat and unlocked the door.

she walked in dropping the chips and key, looking at a sight she thought she'd never have to see.

" ke you dropped my shit all over the grou- oh shit " kentrell said stopping himself looking at the sight.

ke'ala busted out in tears seeing her mother and father laying in a pool of blood with glass shattered, and everything in the home either covered in blood, or broken.

ke'ala felt arms wrap around her shoulder hugging her, she immediately hugged back and cried into kentrells chest.

kentrell wasn't really good with people crying so he tried comforting her the best he could.

eventually he called the police and they came.

♥︎ [——] ♥︎

they sat in the hospital chairs waiting on results.

deep down ke'ala already knew they were dead.

the nurse came out and talked to kentrells parents.

" i am so sorry for your lost.. we tried everything we could to save them.. " the nurse let out.

ke'ala cried harder as kentrells mother embraced her with a hug.

all ke'ala could think about was what she was gonna do without her parents, where was she gonna go?..

♥︎ [——] ♥︎
♥︎ 𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗣𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘<𝟰 ♥︎