Uɴꜰᴏʀɢɪᴠᴀʙʟᴇ Cᴜʀsᴇ

Today was Silas's first lesson with Professor Moody since he arrived at Hogwarts, he'd had Divination with Professor Trelawny who had been forever insistent on predicting his impending doom

Today was Silas's first lesson with Professor Moody since he arrived at Hogwarts, he'd had Divination with Professor Trelawny who had been forever insistent on predicting his impending doom. She'd been predicting that he would be happy for a time but great power would come about and he would be lost to it. However, he just threw a bored look towards her and told the mad hag to shove it, his sister didn't take it with a pinch of salt either and grabbed his arm as they stormed out of the classroom that was like an attic. 

It would be the same every lesson, no matter what they were doing and it seemed Harry was going through the same thing he was too - Silas didn't even know why he went to Divination there was no point in it.

As of now he sat on his one seater desk beside his sister and Charlotte in the back of the classroom in the far right corner. The classroom was dark, darker than the rest of them and they had all the blinds and windows open letting in the cold air that hinted it was going to freeze soon.

Professor Moody read aloud everyone's sir names with a 'miss' or 'mister' at the start of it and didn't use their names. His robotic eye rolled over each students appearances whilst his human one was trained on the list.

"Today we're going to be covering curses," his gruff voice hasn't changed no matter how many times he tried to cough up whatever was stuck in his throat. "You were not shown what the curses look like, for your old professor had left, but you are now of age to witness the unforgivable curses," many shared intrigued looks and leaned forward on their seats. However, others held uncomfortable countenances and some even shivered and it wasn't from the cold.

"Which of you know the names of these curses," a lot raised their hands, Silas included and it was as if the man was surprised by his hand for when his eye landed on it Moody's eyebrow rose.

"Mr. Monroe," some students turned their heads back to look at him but quickly turned away once his sister narrowed her eyes at them.

"The Cruciatus Curse," he spoke lower than usual as he remembered the very voices that roared the unforgivable curse towards him that made his body and bones inflamed, his throat turned raw with the screams of pain and his back withered as it tried to escape the magic.

"Ah yes, the Cruciatus Curse," the Professor walked to his desk and plucked a glass jar along the row of them which was held in a large tray filled with other insects. He pulled the slider from its confinement and muttered, "engorgio." The spider grew to the size of his hand and it looked as if it had ten legs and claws for teeth.

"The Cruciatus Curse is one that can cause pain, it's used to torture and back in my day the Ministry Of Magic used these very curses on death eaters," Moody's knuckles turned white as they grasped his wand between them and saw it shake slightly as it was trained on the spider. "Crucio," Silas winced as the spider started to squeal and roll over on its back as it twitched in pain reminding the boy of himself.