Rᴜɴ Aᴡᴀʏ

Within the hour it would be time for the champions to be plucked from the goblet though Silas was aimlessly passing up and down the carpeted floors of his dorm in worry

He had received a message from a large crow which could only have meant one thing- Sebastian. Whilst Kathrine opted for a black owl that always tried to bite anyone that wasn't her, probably trained it that way.

Silas had got the note last night and hadn't bothered sleeping as his stomach had churned throughout the night it read; 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑑 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝐵𝑜𝑦. 𝑌𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 ℎ𝑢𝑠𝑏𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑑 𝑔𝑖𝑟𝑙

A selfish part of him wished Sebastian just wrote the same to his sister for he would have to set a reminder for her that they were going to be betrothed sooner or later. It was not uncommon for pure bloods to be sorted into arranged marriages it was sure to happen to Draco or Pansy and maybe Theodore along with Blaise.

The Monroes had ushered their children to every gathering, every masquerade ball, every party to celebrate pure bloods and they had always managed to throw some sort of bachelor or woman whom they deemed respectable at Silas and Isabelle.

The two had learnt to stay close to one another and never strayed even if their 'dates' insisted they take a walk or detour out of the party. There had been one girl that sparked Silas's interest, not love at first sight of course, but he'd come to terms that if he was to be married in the future then he supposed he could've learnt to love the girl.

She was called Daphne Winslet a girl with fair hair, an orban colour of sorts, who sported soft features and baby blue eyes. She seemed to share the same interest as him and so their parents were more than happy to set the proposal and they were to be married as soon as the two turned 18. The Winslets were ecstatic to learn that their daughter managed to capture the attention of a Monroe and were eager to get the two engaged.

They both made it clear to each other that they found one another attractive but saw no real affection that they could share for her heart belonged to another. She was devastated that she could never be with the one she loved until Silas and his sister devised a plan between the three.

Silas would send an owl to the parents of Daphne and specify that only they were to come whilst their daughter would leave no trace of her presence ever living in her home. She'd start a new life somewhere far off where no one would ever find her or the boy she loved called Callum whom was muggle born.

The Winslets rushed home and screamed bloody murder when their daughter was no where in sight and whilst they never blamed Silas: Katherine and Sebastian sure did. The Monroe mansion was also filled with screams of dread that night but Silas held no animosity towards Daphne or Callum and secretly owled the two every once in a while.