25. the riddle manor

Dumbledore left.

Elizabeth felt something cold and shivery rush through her. They had a mission to complete before she had to go to Hogwarts. They had to go to the Riddle estate. Elizabeth knew that the chances of running into Voldemort were slim-to-none, but the thought chased her spin and sent a shiver into her neck.

What was he without a body? Where was his soul? What was even left of his soul, since he'd cut it into thousands of little pieces. Whoever thought that would be a good idea.

Elizabeth was keen at the idea of leaving the apartment again. She was happy to go. Especially with Sirius. They'd be in a abandoned muggle building so there was no need to hide him. He was free to go with Elizabeth. Just like old times.

Together, they watched as Dumbledore apparated from the apartment. Sirius turned to Elizabeth and sighed.

"What is it?," she asked. She swept her hand up and curled it around the back of his neck, playing with the stubby hairs. Her rested his head on her shoulders, their chests and hips pressing together affectionately. A spark fused inside of her. She didn't think she'd ever get tired of Sirius- of being with him.

There wasn't much hair to play with since he'd shaved it off after they'd first arrived at the apartment. It was growing back, quickly though. She rubbed her fingers against his scalp. He shivered into her shoulder.

"He's coming back", Sirius whispered. Elizabeth felt his hands wrap around her waist then soothe themselves up by her shoulder blades. In a hug. In loneliness. Elizabeth sunk her head against his. His shoulders were slumped over in the hug, because in that moment, they were infinite. Elizabeth swallowed.

"I'll be fine", she said, reassuringly. She let her fingers run circles on the back of his neck, soothing his skin until he pulled back and looked at her. Stared into her eyes like he was a lost dog.

He pressed a kiss against her lips. Short. Sweet. Gentle. He sighed and began walking towards the bedroom. "We'd better get ready then", he sighed.

The mission. The Riddle estate.

Dumbledore left a portkey on the kitchen bench. A 'welcome to Paris!' mug. The Eiffel Tower was printed on the front of it and facing Elizabeth cunningly. She stared at it before following Sirius.

Elizabeth hadn't been on a swift mission like this is ages. She never really did much work like it was in the Order because she was good at Defense Against the Dark Arts, and therefore moved upwards quickly. She and Sirius were each others flank. Always. They mostly did the fighting and left petty missions to the Searchers, whose job it was to search and analyse things exactly like what Elizabeth and Sirius were tasked to do.

There were many parts that made the Order.

Within each locational battalion, there were the Fighters; big, brave and the most respected, the group Elizabeth and Sirius had been in. The Medicals; either on the field or planted in safehouses, Lily had led the London division. The Searchers; of which Peter and sometimes Remus had been apart of. The Spies; who were (believe it or not) more often than not, unnamed. Alice was the most well-known as she had the highest kill streak. Severus was also apart of that group, too. The Locationers; a group that sat in a room and did important statistical work such as locating battles, warning safehouses and battalions, and above all, keeping the Ministry at bay from finding out about the Order. Those were the main divisions that consisted of the Order. Honorable mentions went to the followers and family members, who gave up houses and sheds and land to the Order, and the house elves who maintained the safehouses and cooked meals for the Order members. It was busy. And now, it was almost nothing as it had been disbanded with the decimation of Voldemort.