28. baby, i want a baby

When Viktor Krum emerged from the lake with Hermione, there was five minutes left. His shark-head charm disappeared as his head cut through the surface of the water, and he threw Hermione up the ladder to the platform first. She was disoriented and asking where Harry was.

The five who'd emerged from the water sat crowded on the bench while the officials ran around the platform even faster than before. The house elves gave the competitors crackers and warm milk while chaos ensued on the deck. Elizabeth stood beside the competitors, watching quietly as madness capitated the officials. There was yelling and arguing over-the-top of the buzz of the crowd. Everything was tense. "Where is Potter!?".

Elizabeth hovered over the bench full of freezing cold and traumatised students. They were quiet. Silent as they ate. Madam Pomfrey was checking up on Hermione as Elizabeth watched the clock. Her heart was in her throat.

She didn't care if Harry came last- she just wanted him out of the water and safely in her arms. There was five minutes left. Then three. Then two. A buzz ran statically through the air from above them. The chatter grew louder until the wood beneath Elizabeth began to vibrate with the noise. One minute.

Madam Pomfrey was plopping sugar cubes in Cho's milk to get her blood sugar levels up. Elizabeth watched silently as people ran around her.

She watched Snape race down the steps from the spectators platform and stride straight over to Dumbledore who was deep in conversation with Karkaroff, Cornelius Fudge and Barty Crouch. Snape said something. Elizabeth suddenly felt angry.

She snapped back into reality. Realised what was happening. They couldn't find Harry. He had exactly thirty seconds to reappear from the water before he would be 'disqualified' and they'd send in a team to search for him. Suddenly, she was furious.

The world crashed down on her shoulders. Fury and rage.

Elizabeth felt her feet plant into the wood with each step she took towards Dumbledore. It all happened in a blur. Her face was red. She was ready to explode.

"I told you I didn't want him in this competition. I fought for him and I told you all that this was a bad idea. I warned you. I told you that he is too young. He already as too much on his plate, and yet you decided to let this go ahead", Elizabeth tore. The men watched her as she pointed her finger at each of them. They were suddenly quiet. "If my nephew is dead, it will be on all of you and I will rain hellfire upon the Ministry for letting it happen", she threatened.

She turned on her heel and looked out over the water. The world suddenly slowed down.

A low humming bell chimed like the burden note of a distant organ. Elizabeth watched the water bubble and boil as though someone had lit a fire on the bottom of the lake. Another low note sounded in the air, and suddenly, the water broke and three bodies flew into the air and onto the platform.

"Its Potter!".

People rushed past Elizabeth like she was a leaf in the wind. They surrounded Harry. She couldn't see him. Elizabeth pushed past the men and Madam Pomfrey who was kneeling beside him.

"STAND BACK", she heard the nurse roar. "Elizabeth, get Harry over to the bench- I'll take Weasley- Severus, grab the Delacour girl", Madam Pomfrey shouted. Elizabeth pushed past the officials and found Harry sprawled on the ground. He was conscious but his lips were purple and he was shivering.

The officials around her were all barking questions as she locked her palm around Harry's and helped pull him to his feet. She quietly muttered a drying and warming charm under her breath as she led Harry through the people, barging shoulder to shoulder with no regard for consequence, though the officials didn't seem to notice. They were too ignorantly wrapped up in shouting things like, "Did you really save two people, Potter?" and, "How did you save them?" among other things.