update

i have decided to completely rewrite The Godmother. i began writing this fanfic in 2020 because i was bored in school, and now, 4 years on, i have graduated and grown, and decided that i have better ideas and plot points for where this book can go. you will still be able to read The Godmother until i have written the first part of the rewritten series.

i know i am in the final stages of finishing the godmother, but i feel as though the book is too slow and badly written. i physically can't keep writing knowing how messy it is. files from when i had written out my original chapter plan have been accidentally deleted or wiped so i've had to rewrite the plot from that point and its all honestly just a mess of words. i also have a habit of coming and going from my dedication to writing it and will go months without writing so i will forget what i have written and keep going, which i'm sure as you might have found is why its so messy plot-wise. (i have never read it entirely). also, i never intended The Godmother to be written past the point of Harry's third year. once i had finished that part i saw how much it was liked and decided to keep going so i was never able to write the first part and its plot with the mindset that it would go on until the end of the second wizarding war.

with that said, there are going to be alot of plot changes. Elizabeth isn't going to be the same shallow, constantly crying character that she was. i hope that everyone who has enjoyed the first draft of the book will find the second one just as good. i don't want to reveal the ending of this draft just yet because i'm still writing the second full draft and don't know whether i want the same things to happen so ya'll will just have to stick around and find out!

please comment if you have any concerns, questions or suggestions, i would love to hear from you guys. seeing the support helps keep me motivated!

thank you everyone!