43. here is no why

A/N: Y'all deserved it so here are a few more chapters:)

When she woke, Sirius had already left the bed. She walked out into the lounge room, finding Remus sitting in front of the fireplace and Sirius on the couch behind him. Remus was wrapped in a thick red blanket, and barely looked up when Elizabeth came out.

"Morning, Dear", Sirius greeted, giving her a careful look then nodding toward Remus. She nodded back in acknowledgement.

She could tell when Remus had bad nights. It happened when they were in Hogwarts. Though he had his potion to keep him sane, the pain of turning into a monster once a month quite often got to him. Breaking every bone in his body wasn't something that he could happily move on from the next morning.

"Coffee, Remus?", Elizabeth asked gently as she entered the kitchen.

"Yes, Liz", he replied. She could hear the cracks in his voice, the tears from where he'd been screaming. It must have been an especially bad night.

She made herself and Remus a coffee, stirring in a teaspoon of sugar before walking back out and handing it to Remus. She was careful to make sure the water wasn't too hot, and that she didn't fill the mug up completely so that he didn't spill it.

Sure enough, when he reached his hand out to take the cup, it was shaking.

"Are you alright?", Elizabeth asked, sitting beside him, "Last night wasn't too rough, was it?". She looked at him hopefully, but he shook his head.

"It was terrible", he sighed, sadly.

He looked into the cup of coffee as though he were reliving the events of the night before. He'd come to their doorstep and almost passed out as they grabbed his arms, pulling him into the house and onto their spare bed.

"The Death Eaters were attacking Denholm, they were looking for muggle-borns", he said.

"Were they killing?", Sirius asked.

Remus shook his head. "No. They were taking names", he said,

"Dumbledore said that they were beginning to grow vicious. The Dark Lord wants numbers- of everything. The Death Eaters are chomping at the bit, waiting for him to start approving attacks".

"Well, why isn't he?", Elizabeth asked.

Remus sighed and took a sip of coffee. "The Ministry is already in denial about him coming back. I think he's just trying provoke them to see how far he can go until they take action, but Fudge is a fool, he's never going to acknowledge that Voldemort's back until something dark happens".

Elizabeth nodded, in agreement.

Fudge had been an idiot. He was in complete denial about Voldemort, which enraged her to her core. When he'd heard about her kidnapping, and that he'd been raped and impregnated, he blamed it on Sirius, saying that unprotected sex would always have consequences then approved a seminar about teen abstinence at Hogwarts.

Fudge was the hand covering their mouths. The news reported who denied rain as he stood soaking wet. Elizabeth never cared for politics, and Fudge's charade reemployed that original hate to the point where she was seething.

"I think you guys should start coming to Order meetings again", Remus said, looking up at the pair. His hopeful doe eyes were shot back with surprise and pessimism. "I mean- you only stopped going because of... and that's over now", he said.

Both Elizabeth and Sirius looking at each other with unease. They stopped going to Order meetings after Elizabeth had the child and caring about things like that became a chore that they didn't want to do. It wasn't that they didn't want to go to Order meetings anymore, it was more that they'd adopted a life of living alone and they liked it that way. After giving birth to a demon and being freed from Azkaban, there wasn't much else that Elizabeth and Sirius wanted than peace.