Chapter 1: Have A Terrible Day

Veronica's POV:

I came home for the summer for what, Just to hear my father talk over the phone about the family business. He didn't even make my siblings come here for the summer, just me. 

He didn't call Atlas or Leo, just me. Atlas is just living the life in his Manhattan apartment studio, and Leo is a camp counselor down south. And I'm here with my father hearing him talk about the businesses and greeting his partners who come and go. 

Fucking asshole

I could be at my dorm back at college hanging out with my friends but no daddy wanted me to come home for the summer. 

"Look come over and we can talk about this more. Alright?" My dad says to the unknown person on the phone.

When I walk down stairs I see my father and ask "Who's coming over?" I roll my eyes, "Again"

"No one special, but I'm gonna need you to stay upstairs while he is here. Okay?" My dad replies 

I nod my head and grab an Arizona out of the fridge, while I walk upstairs I hear the front door open behind me. I don't bother to look behind me but I feel a pair of eyes staring down on me.

The eyes lingered on my body, you could feel the heat and power of the man behind me.  

When I get to my room and sit on my bed trying to think of things to do, but then I had the idea of driving around town. I nodded  to my self and put my shoes and grabbed my car keys.

While I walked down stairs to get to my car I can feel 2 pairs of eyes on me.

"Veronica What the fuck did I tell?"  My dad yells at me while I walk down the stairs

 I roll my eyes and dramatically turn around "Father I'm a 22 year old adult I can leave the house when ever the fuck I want to. I'm leaving because I don't wanna hear your mouth or who ever the fuck this is." I say while pointing to the man to my dads right "now excuse me I'm leaving, bye bye have a terrible fucking day"

I eye the man sitting across the table from my dad, I could tell he was laughing because he had a smirk on his face. I'm guessing it was because of my snarky comment.  

"Mr. Mendez, how are you" The man on my dads right pulls out his hand to greet me 

I give him a small smile and roll my eyes, I then look at my father waiting for him to respond.

I then get impatient with him and start walking towards the door

"Fine Veronica, You have your gun right?" My dad yells from the dinning room 

"Yes father can I leave now?" I ask

"Yes you can" My dad replies

"Fucking asshole" I muttered under my breath 

"Hey Veronica Jones I heard That-" I cut him off by slamming the door shut ignoring him

I don't even listen to him because I don't care. When I get into my hellcat I plug my phone in and start listening to some music. Insane in the brain by Cypress Hill comes on and I start singing to the lyrics.