Chapter 9: In Your Dreams

Veronica's POV: 

It's been three fucking days sense Mr. Mafia came up here and gave me anything. I haven't eaten in three days nor have I had anything to drink. 

They did come up here while I was sleeping, they made my cuffs tighter. My wrists now bleed, dry blood cover my wrists. 

Ever sense they gave me that bottle of wine I haven't seen anybody, just the lonely chair and my tears swelling up in my eyes. 

I haven't heard anything either, no footsteps, voices, no nothing. I just keep re living the same fucking night. Over and over again.

My mothers death, its fucking torture.  

I've walked every inch of this room, I can't find anything. 

Not my phone, no holes, no nothing. The alone time has been nice, but its not that nice when you know that there are 3 men downstairs that want to murder me, and do who knows what else to me. 

Ariel and Alexa must be freaking out, I don't know what my father could be doing. He's probably at his desk with a bottle of Jack Daniels in his hand drinking his life away like he always does. 

Leo is probably still at camp, teaching kids how to have fun. It's better then dealing with the family business. Leos a kid he should't be apart of this life it isn't good. 

Atlas is most likely just dealing with business up in Manhattan, living his best life. 

The Jones family is one of the most known mob family in the world, the Spanish mob. Mendez is one of my fathers biggest rivals. The Italians have always been a threat to the Spanish mob, ever sense I was little. 

Growing up was hard, me and Atlas would always be training. Leo was to young at the time. When my mother died it broke Leo, he was a mamas boy. Atlas was 16 when mom died he was already heartless and trained to deal with anything. The same with me. 

Before my mom died the house was terrible, fighting, hitting, screaming, crying, make up sex, then it would go on repeat. 

They had a terrible relationship, my parents. I don't know why my mom never just left my father, he was a piece of shit. 

Still is

What happened in the house stayed in the house, is what my father would always say. Whenever we would all go to events everyone would just pretend and act like my father wasn't abusive, mentally and physical. 

More physically.

My father always hit us, all of us. including my mom, but it wasn't in a behave way. It was in a angry was. 

He hit me this one time, for going out with a boy. He was the first boyfriend I ever had, his name was Adam. When my father found out that Adam was my first everything, my first boyfriend, first kiss, he was the person who took my virginity away. 

My father was so angry. He hit me like I was a grown man, his fists would hit my jaw, my stomach, my legs, everything. 

The last hit was the worse, he hit me across the face and it knocked me out. 

The next morning I looked like shit, it looked like I got jumped. Ever sense then I haven't dated anybody up until Javier, but I dated him when I moved out. Because I was scared my father would kill me this time. 

I don't even think my father knows anything about Javier, which is good because if he found out that I had a boyfriend again he would have probably killed me. 

Up until my mom died we lived in a pretend prefect life. My father would have strict rules telling us that we were not ever allowed to speak of what happened in the house. 

Everyone thought that we were perfect. 

Me and my mom would always cover up our cuts and bruises, but for Atlas and Leo they just left it. Whenever someone asked Leo and Atlas they would just say they got into a fight in school. 

Little did everyone know, it was my father. 

My dad made me and Atlas become heartless, my father is one of my biggest reasons why I don't believe in love. But when my mother died in front of me, it fucking broke me in a million pieces. 

Being heartless and not caring was not an option. 

By the time Atlas turned 18 he moved out to do more business, he moved away then I went to law school to get on the inside for my father. 

Everything was for him. 

Everything was about him. 

Everything was because of him. 

Leo just turned 18, which means he's gonna be forced into something. Like we all were. 

I'm begging Leo gets to just live a normal life, have kids, get married and get away from this shitty life. 

Everyone wants to be apart of the crime life, and the mob in till they actually do business. Then they back out, or your forced into it at a young age and have no choice. It's the only life you get, you don't get to pick it or try to plan out your future. It's all planned out for you. 

Sharing a last name with my father is a fucking embarrassment, just speaking the fucking words and saying that hes my father is terrible. 

It makes me sick to my stomach 

He's caused so much fucking pain, he was the one who got me into this situation. He's the reason I'm cuffed and trapped in a room. 

He's the reason why I keep re living the worse night of my night, hell he cause the worse night of my life. 

He's the reason why I'm bleeding and starving.

It's always about him. 

All this alone time I've thinking a lot, like about what I want, what I wanna do with life. So many things. 

I always wanted a family, kids. I want one boy. That's it, one and done. I want to teach him how to play sports, I wanna teach him how to be good to a woman, I wanna be the crazy mom with tattoos all over her walking her kid to school, I wanna show him good music, I wanna buy him crazy nice shoes so he can show them off at school. I want to be a boy mom. I wanna have 2 dobermans, both boys. One cat, and a nice big house. A nice loving husband, with a beautiful family and a great life. 

I would want to give him something I never got to have. 

A life

But we all have dreams. Right. 

------------------------------

Short chapter yeah I know, the next chapter will be better I promise. This chapter sounds a lot like my life lmao 

shhhhh I never told you that