Chapter 1

New new A/N: This chapter has been re-written to cover up the plot holes in order to line it up with the story line.

*Presently*

I sped through the thick forest in search of the demon I was pursuing on my mission earlier. Trying my hardest to maneuver through the thin branches and to avoid getting injured the more.

'How did I end up in this situation?', I thought to my self, clenching my free hand into a fist.

*Earlier*

The cold breeze of the estate's training ground tickled my s/c skin as I watched how the f/fl (favorite flower) danced in accordance with the breeze. The sight of the clear blue sky made me relaxed. I loved this view, it was one of my best views.

As I was relaxing, c/n (crow name) landed of my shoulder. It's black feathers falling down in the process.

"CAW CAW!! NEW MISSION!! NEW MISSION!! Y/N TOMIOKA!! HEAD NORTH-WEST!! RUMOURS OF A DEMON THERE!! CAW CAW!!", c/n shouted.

"So much for my peaceful afternoon", I sighed then stood up, shooing the crow away from my shoulder. I dusted myself up before heading back into the estate. I needed to prepare for the mission before going.

On my way inside, I saw Giyuu walking around with a girl that had pink hair and green tips.

'Probably another pillar', I thought. Continuing to head inside until I was stopped.

"Good morning y/n", my brother said with his normally cold expression. I then turned around only to meet with his piercing gaze on me.

"Good morning Nii-san", I replied with a warm smile. I tried turning around to head back to where I was going, but I was stopped again.

"TOMIOKA-SAN. WHO IS THIS? SHE'S SO CUTE!!!!", an unfamiliar voice bombarded my brother with questions.

"HELLO!! MY NAME IN MITSURI KANROJI!! WHAT'S YOURS?", she squealed. I looked at her with and are-you-serious look.

"................Y/n Tomioka.......... It's a pleasure to meet you", I said giving her a fake smile.

I really just wanted to go on my mission without getting disturbed.

"Ah!! Another Tomioka? Are you two related or something?!", she asked. I looked at my brother for help, but knowing him, he didn't even want to get involved with the conversation.

"Yes.....We're siblings", I stated.

"Really?!!! Tomioka-san has never mentioned a sibling!!", she stated, and it was then, I was interested in the conversation.

'Has he really never mentioned me?', I began to ponder.

"Maybe it's because he's so detached from everyone", she thought out loud. We were then interrupted by my crow.

"CAW CAW!! HURRY HURRY!! DON'T JUST SIT HERE!! Y/N TOMIOKA!! HEAD NORTH-WEST!! DEMON DEMON!! GO NOW!!", it shouted repeatedly.

"I heard you the first time five minutes ago. I'm coming", I said then successfully shooed it away.

"You're a slayer?", She asked curiously.

"Yes", I blankly reply.

'Didn't she not hear the crow just now? Can I please just go on my mission'

"How old are you? You seem pretty young?", Mitsuri asked me.

(A/N): THIS TAKES PLACE ONE AND A HALF YEARS BEFORE EPISODE ONE IN THE ANIME.

"I'm 11", I again, answered blankly.

"11?!!! THAT'S SO YOUNG!!", she shouted.

"Can I go now?", I murmured to myself.

"Well, since your Tomioka-san's sister, you should use breath of the water right?", she asked............again. I then glared daggers at my brother, demanding his help in this conversation. He then coughed twice, then all eyes went on him, even though mine were already on him.

"Kanroji-san, have you forgotten that y/n has a mission. She needs to leave", he finally said, but that didn't stop my glaring.

"Oh sorry!! I completely forgot!! Sorry y/n-chan!", she said then I quickly took my leave. North-west wasn't that far from the Water estate, so if I am lucky, I can make it before dawn.

*Time skip to midnight* *edited from here*

'Which town am I supposed to go to again', I pondered, recalling that c/n didn't specify the town. I continued to run until I stopped dead on my track.

'Bloodlust', I realized then headed to where the scent was strongest.

When I reached to where the scent was strongest, I ended up in the middle of a forest. I then saw a demon devouring a girl. It had Kanji in it's eyes.

'Lower moon two', it said.

"Oh, it seems that I might have let a little bit of my bloodlust out that I have attracted a demon slayer", he said, dropping the girl he was devouring like an object.

I gritted my teeth together in anger as I saw the girl's lifeless body on the floor. My hand reaching for the hilt of my sword.

'A lower moon. I've never seen one before'

"It's a pleasure to meet you young slayer. I'm Rotaru, a lowermoon. I'll spare you if you just leave" he offered, standing up from the ground with his attention directed on me.

"Come on. You know you can't win against me. You're fighting a lost cause" he continued then stretched out his hand before me.

'Focus y/n. Steady your breathing' I steadily repeated to yourself taking deep breaths.

"Oh well, I warned you" he said before launching out at me which caught me of guard.

"First form-"

(A/N): Muzan killed Rotaru before we saw his demon blood art so I will make it up in this story.

Before I could grab my sword to attack him, he made a small cut in my lower abdomen then he backed away from me.

I used my left hand to clutch my newly received injury trying to hold in my silent whimpers of pain.

"Blood demon art: Fighter's spirit, level one", he said, and I could sense that he got stronger just by that. I then ran up to him.

'I won't let this end here'

"Shadow breathing: Seventh form: Dark haze", I said before disappearing into a dark haze that emitted in the atmosphere. I then snuck up to the demons side, almost hitting him.

Unluckily, he jumped up into the air, then used his claws, this time, hitting my abdomen again.

'I can't win. I have to call reinforcements. He's too strong for me. But at the same time, I can't give up'

I backed away from him, as crimson red gushed down from my stomach.

Suddenly, the sun slowly began rising.

"Oh, looks like the suns here already. Time to leave. I'd love to talk to you more, but too bad", the demon said before vanishing into the forest around us.

"You're not getting away!", I shouted as I began to chase him.

'I can't let him get away'

And that ladies and gentlemen, is how I got here.

Word count: 1150 words.