Chapter 7

A/N: Here's another chapter for you after some time! Yay! I hope your day is good! Enjoy the chapter! :D And here is another meme for you guys!!

Muichiro’s P.O.V.

“Y-y/n?”, my voice cracking every time I said the h/c haired slayer's name. Looking at her petite figure on the floor, her skin paler than usual.

“Y/N!!”, running towards her, I completely ignore the entire chaos around us as everything in view becomes blurry by the minute.

“Y/N!!”

My eyes shot open as I immediately sat up from my bed, beads of sweat rolling down my face.

‘What was that?’, I wondered as I used my right hand to clench my chest. Up and down my breathing became heavy trying my best to keep my constant total concentration in check.

“Calm down, it was just a dream Muichiro”, I mumbled to myself while my Ginko flew onto my shoulder.

“Caw caw?”

“I’m fine”, I replied then stood up from my futon and grabbed my sword, her following suit. I slid open the Shoji door and walked outside to meet the cold and light glow of the moon. 

I was currently on a mission in Nagiso due to rumours of a lower moon lurking there. I had stopped in an inn to rest for a little while and had fallen asleep unknowingly.

Flashback

Time flew by as the wind blew cold air past the Water estate, where both y/n and I continued our talk, well, her talk, and ever so enjoyed each other's company.

But sadly, that talk did reach its peak as Gink flew down onto my shoulder and narrowed her round eyes glaring at y/n.

Ginko was the type of crow to easily get jealous of anyone near me, one of the main reasons I can’t have any pets.

I had excused myself from the oh so shallow room to attend to the jealous bird only to find out that I had been assigned to an urgent mission.

And with that, I made sure to tell y/n my goodbyes and was on my way.

End of Flashback.

“Let’s go Ginko”, I said and began walking out of the little inn farther into the city. 

On the way, I had asked people whether anything unusual had happened lately but all replies were negative. 

While walking past the city, I heard calls of help from one of the alleyways and ran towards as I suspected a demon there.

As I seemed to get closer to the end of the alleyway, the screaming had seemed to come to halt but another one had erupted from the beginning of the hallway.

‘This is a trap’, I had just realized but very quickly the ground from underneath me had sunk causing me to lose my balance and fall in it.

Unexpectedly, the falling seized and I was in a completely different scenery from my original one.

“What is this?”, I asked,  placing my hand on the hilt of my sword.

“Ginko”, I called out but then I heard no response. I looked to my shoulder to find it empty, she was nowhere to be seen.

Looking back forward, the unusual bright light reflecting on my blank face as I walked towards it, but each step seemed to only take me backwards. 

I had had enough of this place as I quickly unsheathed my sword and tightened my grip.

“Breath of Mist. Second form: Eight-Layered Mist”, I said, then released eight consecutive mist attacks in front of me but I began to fall down again.

“Sixth Form: Lunar dispersing Mist!” I said then launched myself upwards with mist emitting from my sword and landed back into the dark alleyway

Without giving me a second to rest, I quickly sensed a gush of wind beside my neck and immediately ducked under to avoid the incoming attack

Without giving me a second to rest, I quickly sensed a gush of wind beside my neck and immediately ducked under to avoid the incoming attack. Then I used my sword and tried to attack the demon but it dodged it by moving backwards.

“What type do we have here? A kinoto?”, It asked.

“You surely have to be skilled in order to avoid my famous attacks-”

Too slow”, I said, then I immediately dashed forward and delivered a mist attack to slashed the demon's neck.

A/N: If you guys have watched Season 2 of Demon Slayer then you this reference 😉.

“Fourth form: Shifting Flow Slash”, I stated then placed my sword back in it’s case.

“I atleast thought that I would meet a lowermoon here”, I sighed under my breath and began running back to headquarters since I had slayed the demon.

“Caw caw!!” I heard from behind me then I turned around to see a crow.

“Ah Ginko”, I remembered and held out my hand for her to land on and I began to rub her head.

“I forgot you there”, was the last thing I said before heading back to the Mist estate.

*Time skip*

The hours of walking had finally reached a halt as I saw my estate in the far distance, or at least I think that was mine. 

Walking into the estate, I immediately headed to my plain room and sat down on the futon after I had removed my sword from beside me and placed it beside my futon.

After sitting there for 3 minutes, I had decided to send a letter to y/n since I had become bored.

Hello umm, y/n, yeah, that’s your name right?

I had just finished my mission and decided to send you a letter because I am bored.

Muichiro.

Thereafter signaling Ginko to come to my room, I had placed the letter in her crows and stated to her whom she should give it to. It took some convincing and begging but she finally agreed. Sometimes I really want to exchange that crow for another one that actually does tasks that I ask it to do.

Standing up from the futon, I headed outside to stare at the azure colored clouds in the sky. Realization then hit me like a brick on the face as I remembered I was meant to visit someone named Kanroji who was a pillar.

Word count: 1037 words.

Edited by Florence_Official !!