Chapter 4

CAN WE ALL TAKE A MOMENT TO LOOK AT DOUMA AND KOKUSHIBO IN THIS PICTURE!! AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS THAT THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!.

Anyways, back to the story.

Still Muichiro's P.O.V

We continued to walk down the hallways of the Water estate until we reached a fairly wide room decorated with furniture.

"We're here", he said then walked in and the crazy lady sat down with me.

"Now let's start....", he began the started talking, but I wasn't listening. My wondering mind won't let me listen.

I don't know why, but I couldn't get my mind of the girl that the stiotic boy called his sister.

My curiosity took over me and unknowingly, I stood up and began walking to the door.

"Then we'll infiltrate her- Tokito-san where do you think you're going", the black haired man asked me.

"To the restroom", I lied then walked out of the room.

"YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE IT IS! *sigh* just come back after five minutes", he shouted but soon enough his voice became mumbled.

I tried my hardest to remember where I came from, and fortunately, it worked.

I was met with the same garden, and luckily, she was still there.

Her h/c hair elegantly dancing in tune with the cold breeze.

I then walked towards her and tapped her on the shoulder twice. I guess I startled her because she jumped up in suprise and grabbed the hilt of her sword.

'Wait, sword? She's a demon slayer?'

"Hey", I said to her then she looked at me almost like she was inspecting me. When she was done with whatevershe was doing, she released her hand from the hilt of her sword and sighed in relief.

"Y-you're a demon slayer....", she said, more like whispered.

"DON'T YOU KNOW NOT TO SCARE PEOPLE!", she pouted loudly at me, as if she was mad. She then sat back down on the f/f flowers that decorated the graden.

"I'm sorry", I apologized before taking a seat beside her, but at the same time, making sure there was still a gap between us. You could never be to safe. From there, there was a prolonged awkward silence between us as both of us watched the water flow from the waterfall to the pond below it.

It was truly a beautiful scenery. Purple lilac flowers decorated it along with accurately trimmed bushes that surrounded the edges of the pond. Tropical fishes swam in the pond as two dazzling red amphibians jumped around it. The silence still never breaking between us.

"What brings you to the water estate?", she asked me, breaking the long period of silence before turning to look directly at me with a small but warm smile.

I don't know why, but my heart just had a wave of warmth come into it after seeing her smile.

'Is this some kind of heart disease?', I questioned myself before I noticed that I was staring deep into her e/c orbs. I looked to the side, trying to avoid her gaze that never faltered and was still locked directly on me.

"Uhm, I'm supposed to go on a mission with..........what's his name again?", I said but whispered the last part thinking she won't hear me, but she did.

"Nee-san?", she asked me with a hint of curiosity in her tone.

"If that's the boy with plain black hair tied in a ponytail and blue eyes wearing a mismatched haori, then yes", I said then immediately after, I don't know whether my ears had deceived me or not, but I think I heard her let out a soft giggle.

"Yes, that's him", she said before finally removing her gaze on me to her front, now focusing her attention on the waterfall. Meaning that I can stop looking at my side now.

There we sat, for 2 direct minutes, in an another awkward silence. None of us dared to talk. We just listened to the chirping of the miniature birds around us. This time, I decided to break the silence.

"Tokito......", I said to her then again, her gaze fell on me.

'Gosh, her eyes are beautiful'

"Hmm?", she asked.

"Tokito.....Tokito Muichiro. That's my name", I said to her with an almost invisible smile then she smiled too.

"Tomioka Y/n", she replied with a very caring look, and my heart just did that thing again.

'What is happening to me?', I asked noone in particular.

"You look very young and your a demon slayer. If I may ask, how old are you?", she inquired with more and more curiosity and wonder in her mesmerizing e/c eyes.

"I think I'm 11. I am not really sure. I seem to have forgotten" , I replied her, looking down, trying to remember my age again. Just then, her eyes glowed with happiness and suprise in them.

"Really?!!", she shouted while her smile spread across her face and she inched her face closer to mine.

"Y-yeah"

'Did I just stutter?'

"Then we're the same age! I don't really get to see many eleven year old demon slayers so this is my first time!", she beamed happily.

"Me neither. I guess", I replied.

"All I have is Nee-san and Kocho-san. Not many people usually come here apart from if they are on a mission with Nee-san or they are a kakushi( please tell me if I spelt it wrong in the comments ). So I'm usually lonely here", she stated.

"Well, I can always come here to keep you company if you want", I offered.

"You'd actually do that for me?", she asked me.

"I don't mind. Where I live isn't far from here and I'm also usually bored at my house", I repied, trying to hide the fact that I'm a Hashira. I can't fully trust her yet.

"Thank you so much", she said then pulled me into a warm hug. Her arms wrapped securely around my torso, her chin on my shoulder.

I hesitated at first, but eventually gave in into the embrace and hugged her back, wrapping my arms around her waist and taking in her sweet floral scent.

"Your welcome", I said.

"Noone has ever done something this kind to me. Thank you", she repeated again, snuggling her head deeper into my neck.

But nice moments like that never last for long, as the both of us heard loud squealing from behind us.

Pulling away from the hug, we turned behind us and saw the pink haired lady acting all girly and fluffy.

"AWWWWWW!!", she shouted shaking me back and forth by my shoulders.

The black haired boy was also there, but he was giving off the exact opposite aura as the pink haired lady.

'Shoot'

There it is, another chapter 😊. Hope you liked it and I hope you all have a nice day.

Word count: 1156 words.