Os #2 The Pain Of Losing Her World (Bondita's POV)

Bondita's POV
It is rightly said that trust is a fragile thing that is easy to break, easy to lose but one of the hardest things to ever get back. Having someone broken your trust can often leave you feeling shocked, hurt or even mentally weak. Honestly I had never been in such a situation before, but today I can feel the pain it actually gives. Every pain gives a lesson and every lesson changes a person. Indeed this pain has taught me a lesson-not to trust everyone easily,  because sometimes even salt looks like sugar.

I lay on the bed, contemplating the events of the past few hours. I sometimes think why am I the sufferer everytime ! The people whom I trust are actually the ones who hurt me even more by breaking it. I still remember  my very own Mama and Mami selling me off to a brothel a year ago. Just because I was a Chodi Hui Aurat ! But I'm no longer one. He had saved me yet once again, the same person who was the reason behind this pain.

But I cannot forget the fact that today I'm alive because of Him. He was the one who saved me from becoming a victim of Sati, contradicted the evil practices and the so called customs, and even went against his family. He paved the way for my education. He is indeed my Saviour !

"Pati Babu agar Banerjee Babu ki do patniya hai toh woh unn dono mein se kiske patibabu hai?"

"Bondita, agar Banerjee Babu ne apni pehli patni ke hote hue uska samman nahi kiya aur dusri aurat ke saath vivah karke usse ghar le aaye toh na woh pehle ke pati hue aur naa hi dusre ke; woh kisike bhi pati kehlane ke layak nahi hai. Aise pati hone na hone ka koi arth nahi hai. Aur aise logon ke liye samaaj mein koi jagah nahi !"

But what had he done? He was against Polygamy, right?

But in all this, what was my mistake? After the day's happenings, I wonder what had I done or not done that He had to take such a decision. Wasn't I a good wife, a good daughter-in-law to the house, a good sister-in-law? I had always worshipped him, considered him to be my God. Was that my mistake? No, that was my Dharm. And I don't regret doing that. But what did he do in return? Married someone else !!

Now I can relate to Saudamini Didi's feelings. She had been waiting for him to come and confess his immense love for her. I can imagine how she must have felt when she saw her love standing in front of her with his wife. But more than that, there would have been a terrible sadness of him having betrayed her and broken her trust. I was somewhat in the same situation.

But.....

Regardless of what happens, I will be by his side. It will not make any difference, I trust, to my demeanor towards him but I won't be able to forgive him, ever, for what he did today.
I might stay here and study hard to fulfill our dream, just as he wanted, remain his Kranti Ki Mashaal but never his wife. Not anymore!

But he will always mean the world to me and I will never leave his side.
Shotti !

Seh loon main ab teri kami

Mujhse yeh hoga hi nahi

Tum aise mujhme shaamil ho

Tum jaan meri tum hi dil ho

Shayad main bhula doon khud ko bhi

Par tumko bhool na paungi....

✧══════∘❋✿❋∘══════✧

Really sorry for this short and late update. I was actually preparing drafts for my new story. Anyways if you liked this part, do vote and comment.

The last two chapters of Heartbroken and a new story to be published soon.

Love,
Pratiksha