Chapter 5 - ''Yo babe, if you were a carrot you would be a hot carrot.'

“Becky, shut up!” I screeched in annoyance, her voice was like a nagging migraine in your brain. I lodged my hands over my ears trying, somehow to make her go away.

“But I want to go, please.”

“No.” I was currently trying, well, attempting to shove on my orange stilettoes, with a few topples here, and there it wasn’t a great job I was doing.

As usual, Mason and Bates decided to throw another party, which I was currently getting ready for, with a begging cousin. My room was in its normal mess with clothes covering every inch of my floor.

Glancing at my reflection in the mirror, I swiped a piece of my brown hair back behind my ear that was covering my face. Her pleading expression came directly behind me in the reflection, “Please let me come, I never been to a party before, Harpy.”

A frowned came as a response to her nickname for me, that was the one Bates called me, not anyone else.

Hesitantly she asked, “Am I-I not aloud call you that?”

“No.” I abruptly told her.

I decided to ignore the angry flutter my stomach broke out in when it came out of Becky’s mouth, compared to the butterflies that twinkle in my stomach when Bates said it.

It was just different.

I caught a glimpse of her lip which was curled into her mouth as she looked at my soft cream carpet, it was a genuine expression. I felt sorry for her, everyone deserves to go and have fun a party.

Spinning around, her head whipped up to look at me. I couldn’t help but notice the hopeful twinkle in her eye, “You can go, on one condition,” A grin broke across her porcelain features as her head bounced up and down frantically, “I don’t want to hear anything about religion.”

“Deal.”

I shoved my palm right in her face, as soon as she even came close to hugging me, “Another thing, If I were you, I wouldn’t even glance at Mason or Bates in more than a friendly way.”

A frightened look took over her face as she examined me, probably wondering if I would actually do it. My arm started having a spasm of its own, while it frantically waved around in front of me, “Let’s just say Ebony isn’t the type to sort something out with a few words.”

“Five minutes.” I slammed the bedroom door behind me.

So, maybe I forgot to mention that if Bates was anyway touched sexually, by her or anyone for that matter, they would be camping in the dumpster outside the house.

* * *

I made my way to the black BMW that just happened to pull up. I knew it was not Mason or Bates, because the car actually pulled up carefully. It was definitely one of their friends, which one I had no idea, not that I knew a lot of them, there was just too many.

“Ohh, now that’s a fancy car.” Becky gushed as I hauled her to the car.

I opened the back door, and carefully shoved her in. By carefully, I mean, anyway that would get her in the car fast. She went sprawling across the back seat and landed on a moody looking guy.

Climbing into the passenger seat, I shoved my sleepover bag over my seat onto the backseat ‘coincidently’ it hit Becky.

“Oomph that hurt more than I thought it would.”

I decided to ignore her and caught the gaze of the hot looking beast trying to hold back a laugh. I mean seriously, this guy was the definition of a model.