三 (Three)

A/N:

The man above is inspiration for the new male character you'll meet this chapter, Masaki.

The girl above is loose inspiration for Elle. Was as close as I could find to what I picture her as. Her eyes in book are different and so are a few other things about her.

For those going to ask about Koan inspiration...

No one I've come across so far as even come close to matching the perfection that is Koan-Akinari. If you think you've found one or have even drawn what he looks like, feel free to email it to me, Snapchat it to me, or Instagram me!!

Enjoy!!

-B.

~~~~~~~~~~~
(Arielle's POV)

I was on my way out of the hospital when I received a phone call from Doc.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?"

"Leaving work." I said, hoping we didn't need to go somewhere. I just wanted to go home and curl up on the couch with Koan.

"I'm at the house. Not your house. Kintaro's house. Need you here as soon as possible."

"Why? What's wrong?"

"That guy's boss called earlier today. He wants to speak to those who handled his men. That means me and you.

"Where's Koan?"

"He's sitting on the stairs."

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

I got there in record time. On my way in, I didn't fail to notice the amount of extra men that were placed around. I guess Kintaro wasn't taking any chances.

Once inside, I went straight up the stairs to Koan. I sat one step below him between his legs.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Hi." He said, brushing a lock of hair behind my ear.

"They should be here soon." Doc said, standing by the stairs and speaking through the railing.

"Okay. Does Kintaro think it'll be bad?" I asked quietly.

"Why do you ask that?"

"The extra men outside."

Doc got an amusing glint in his eyes and briefly glanced at Koan.

"Kintaro didn't order those men to be there." He said before walking back over to the couch.

I looked at Koan in question and he simply kissed my forehead.

Doc, Kintaro, and the four morons sat on or by the couch and I could hear Izumi in the kitchen doing something.

Fifteen minutes went by before they arrived. Kintaro said two cars had pulled up as he looked at the security cameras on his phone. He then said that five men got out of the car.

He pocketed his phone just as a knock on the door came and he went to answer it. He invited the men inside and that's when we got a good look at the one the other had called boss. It was obvious by the way he stood and acted that he was the boss.