十七 (Seventeen)

(Koan's POV)

I ignored the curious and confused looks from my family as I walked back inside Elle's room with my gym bag in hand. Locking the door behind me, I placed my bag on the bed and unzipped it.

"I promise they aren't dirty." I said, pulling a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie out.

"Maybe I would prefer them dirty. I am quite fond of your scent."

I rolled my eyes.

"A research done some odd years ago found that women are attracted to androstenol." She rattled off as she slipped off her hospital gown and I raised my brow in confusion. "Androstenol is a natural chemical found in fresh male sweat. It has also been found that women are most attracted to the androstenol of their significant other."

"So you prefer me all sweaty and gross?" I questioned as she pulled on the sweatpants.

"Not all the time. A freshly showered Koan also gets me going." She winked.

"Put the hoodie on so we can go." I said, shaking my head.

I opened the door once she was fully clothed and grabbed her hand in mine.

"Busting out?" Shiro asked.

"Leaving."

"I want to see my mom." Elle said, mostly leaning on me.

"You all go ahead and we'll deal with the discharge papers."

"They'll need me to sign them."

"We'll handle it, Elle. Go see your mom and we'll be there when we can." Mom smiled.

The drive to the other hospital was quiet. Elle never let go of my hand. If anything, her grip on my hand tightened.
Thanks to Renzo texting me, we knew what room to go to once we arrived. Her father and brother both rushed to hug her when they saw us.

"Knew you'd find a way here."

"How is she?" Elle asked as she moved over to her mom's bedside and I went to stand by Renzo.

"Doing okay right now. They said that there's nothing else they can do. It's...all up to her now basically." Everett replied.

My family showed up ten minutes later. One nursed was quick to tell us that there could only be two to three visitors. With that being said, my family and I went to sit in the waiting room but not before I gave Elle a kiss on her forehead. Every part of me wanted to stay with her, but I couldn't.

The waiting room was filled with family of the other victims of the explosions. It was a very sad and depressing room. The more the room began to fill the more uncomfortable I got.

Eventually, it got too much for me and I left. I didn't go far in case Elle needed me. I took a note from a friend's book and headed for the roof. It was a bit cold, but I didn't mind.

I don't know how much time had passed before the roof access door opened and someone familiar joined me.

"Took a bit to find you." She smiled.

"Changes?" I asked.

"No, no changes. I wanted to talk to you."

"Why?"

"A lot has been going on lately and you'll always be my baby." Mom said.

Subconsciously, I started playing with my ring which she quickly took notice to.

"May I see?"

I thought for a minute before slipping it off and handing it to her.

"Does hers match?"