The Lady Behind The Counter

*Mac's POV*

I woke up in the middle of the night to a loud bang. It was the sound of medal hitting tile. I looked around the room and saw Ali had dropped something in the bathroom. I get our of bed and go to her. I look at her with worry but not seeing any blood or cuts.

"Ali a-are you ok!?" I trembled. My words consumed with fear.

"Yeah. I am fine. I just wasn't feeling good so I got some medicine and walking out I put of hit this tray and it fell on the floor." She said.  I looked at her and she was shivering.

"Sleep with me. Not in like the other stiff but just falling asleep with me in my bed." I said. I was scared of what might happen to her.

"Sure." She said softly. I pick up the stuff and turn off the light. We get into my bed. She lays her head on my chest and I wrap my arm around her. Once she gets in a comfortable place we both fall asleep.

We both woke up to someone knocking on our door. "WAKE UP! BREAKFAST!" I heard someone yell. Ali groans and I blink a few times to wake me up more.

"I hate Kelley sometimes." She says. I smiled and rubbed her back.

"Come on, we have to get to breakfast." I said and she groans again.

We both do out daily routines before getting dress. Once I was ready I waited for Ali before we both headed down stairs to the dining room making small talk along the way. Once I saw Jill eating with some people I head over to them.

"You aren't going to eat?" She asked and I shook my head. She looked at me confused because I was the one to eat anything, anytime.

"I am going to get coffee somewhere and than get food. I saw a cute place while I was walking yesterday. I thought I would tell you so you don't think I went missing." I said. She rolled her eyes at me. 

"It happened one time! And in my defense your mother was the one who thought you went missing first and than she called me to come over." She said and I chuckled. I always loved annoying her about that story

"What ever you say Jill. Bye." I said. I left the hotel and went to the coffee shop I saw before.

"Hello there. What can I get for you on this fine evening!" A little old lady asked. She looked like the grandma everyone wishes they had. She just had that warm feeling about her.

"I don't know. I am looking for any coffee and something to eat." I said with a smile. Her eyes lit up when I said that.

"Ahh. Well we have the best coffee here in town and a an amazing egg sandwich. Can I get that for you sweetheart?" She asked. I nodded and she smiled at me.

"Great. For here or to go sweetheart?" She asked. I thought about going back to the hotel but this place just seems like a better place to be.

"For here please." I say. She nods and I give her my money. I gave her a $50 tip in the tip jar without her knowing, because I had a feeling once she knew she would make me give if back.

"You look confused, anything I can do for you dear?" She asked. My whole soulmate situation was starting panic me.

"Hypothetically what happens when you meet your soulmates but you are too scared you are going to hurt them? Or you will get hurt?" I asked her. I am so scared to talk to them and see where it goes.

"Well why is this hypothetical person scared." She said. She read the situation perfectly and went along with what I was saying.

"Well she has been hurt in the past and it was really bad, so now she what to do or how to do it because she messed it up the last time." I said to her. She had a warm smile on her face and handed me my coffee.

"Well the thing about love and soulmates is that you have to take a leap and that is what makes it so great." She said. That made a lot of sense to me but I didn't make me any less scared.

"Thank you." I said and she nodded. She handed me my food.

I ate and talked with the lady behind the counter. The food was absolutely amazing. I has talked to her for so long when I looked at my watch I has realized the bus was going to take off soon.

"I have to go, the food and coffee was delicious. Thank you again." I said to her. I headed to the door before I hear her say something.

"Your very welcome dear. But do remember what I told you. Becuase these people are ment to be not the last so you will have to do what you are too scared to do most of the time... hypothetically." She said. I chuckled and smiled at her one last time before walking out the door.

I quickly got to the hotel and got into my training gear. I had saw that people were still getting on the bus so I was not late. I got on and sat in an empty row. 

"Your were almost late Ontario." Jill said at me sternly. I didn't care that I was, it was worth it.

"I know." I said. She gave me her warning look like she gave me and my siblings when we were kids doing bad things. It was definitely worth it.

○Author's note○
2nd chapter done! I am so excited for this book. I also wrote the first one in the same day before a school day and it is 11:13pm but who cares. I wad able to go to the Cleveland game a few days ago and if was amazing!! I was one of the last people to leave the stadium. I am so sad that Carli is retiring after these last few games. But anyways you are beautiful, you are amazing, I love you, and have a good day or if it is night, I hope tomorrow is amazing!