The Hospital

○Mac's POV○

I woke up and I saw my mom right besides me. I blinked and most of my family but Kate was in the room. She was probably getting everyone food and stuff.

"Hey." I muffled out. They all looked at me in happiness. They started talking but all I could hear was muffled things.

"I can't hear. Or at least hear well." I said and my mom immediately started crying. I held on to her hand and gave her a few squeezes.

I felt someone's hand on my right arm and knew it was Ella's. "Hey kid. You staying out of trouble?" I joked and I saw that it made her laugh.

I talked to everyone while they wrote things down on a paper. The doctor came in and told my family things and my family looked relifed. He started writing on a piece of paper.

'You have permanent partial hearing loss but you will be able to get back on the pitch in 2 months time if you stick with physical therapy.' He wrote and I smiled.

"When can I get hearing aids?" I asked and he started writing.

'Your parents said they would come in two days' He wrote and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said with and smile and he smiled back.

My family talked to the doctor for a bit and than I talked to my family for a while and they wrote on paper. It was now late at night and I had my phone in my had for the first time.

I had many many text messages from my soulmates. Saying how they are excited for me, how sorry they are for acting like they did, etc. I looked at the date and tomorrow I was supposed to be at the camp. I intently started texting Jill

Mac: I need to lie to
my soulmates about the
hole hospital situation

Jill:
You know they are going
to ask about you kid and
will do anything to find
out.

Mac:
I know, I know.
But just for a bit, they
would be on the fist flight
here if they found out and
you know that

Jill:
Ok, I will. Just please
tell them soon or come to
camp but you wouldn't be
able to play

Mac:
I will come to camp, I
need to start working on
recovery!

Jill:
Your mom is going to kill
me if you start recovering
this fast.

Mac:
She knows I won't stay
still. You will be fine!

Jill:
When are you going to
be able to come?

Mac:
2 days so Wednesday night
most likely

Jill:
I will go tell the training
staff. Stay safe kiddo

Mac:
I will. You don't have to
worry about me.

Any more at least

I put my phone on a table and looked up at the ceiling. I thought about everything in life. If I died what would have happened, am I happy of the world I would have left behind. All my regrets came flooding in like a tsunami. I thought about all of them for a while before sleep over came me.

I woke up in the morning and the doctor gave me a note. 'You are going to be able to go home tomorrow once you get your hearing aids in, today we are going to see how everything is going, sounds good?'

"Sounds great!" I said with a smile. I was so excited to not sit in a bed and do nothing.

The day was honestly pretty boring but better than being cooped up in a bed. Than the next day came. Rylie and Ella came in my room with dunkin donuts. They got me frozen hot chocolate, which is literally the best drink in the entire world and a dozen of donuts.

"Okay, I love you guys an all but why? You are never this nice unless there is good news. What happened?" I asked them and their faces lit up.

Rylie grabbed a box from her purse. She handed me the box and I looked at them confused. I opened the box and they were my hearing aids. They were more minimal and wouldn't be noticed unless you were looking. I put them in and turned it on.

"Can you hear us?" Ella asked. I nodded my head and hugged both of them

The rest of my family came in later and we all talked for a while. My family is the thing that keeps me going every day. And this whole experience really showed me how much I care about them and how much they care about me.

The doctor came in with the papers and I signed them all. I was getting a few perceptions for the pain.

I quickly got dressed and got all of my things together.

"Hey Mom, can I borrow the family jet. I need to fly to Florida for training." I asked her.

"Yes. But please be careful with yourself. We sent your suitcases to the hotel already so don't worry about that. And know that we love you very much." She said and I smiled. I kissed her on the cheek.

"I could never forget." I said with a smile.

We all said our goodbyes to each other. I got on the jet to Florida. I was super happy to be able to do something. I know I was only in the hospital for only a few days. Buti couldn't stand it any longer. I need to move and do thing otherwise I will go crazy.

I landed and got in a Uber to the hotel. I went in and the first person I saw was Jill. She came up to me and gave me a light hug making sure not to hurt me.

"Hey kiddo. You doing alright?" She asked and I chuckled.

"Doing as well as I can be right now. I was starting to go insane in the hospital." I said and she laughed.

"Your not good with staying still." She said.

"Oooh yeah. Hate it. So, when can I talk to the team?" I asked.

"They are in the meeting room right now waiting for an announcement. Are you ready for this?" She asked unsure.

"I was born ready." I said and she laughed.

We walked into the meeting room. All eyes went on me and the room went so silent you could hear a pen drop.