Chapter 16

Kyle's POV:

I could see the pale faced Ruki walking timidly behind her, looking like a lamb moving towards slaughter.

I wanted to laugh at his timid behavior but before I could think of anything I saw 'her' stumble somewhat.

Ruki seemed a bit shocked and rushed forward to hold her but he was still injured due to the previous mission he had participated in and couldn't use his super speed like usual.

I stood up from my seat and rushed ahead, holding the falling girl to my chest. she blinked her eyes in confusion before muttering an extremely quiet 'thankyou'.

Her cheeks were flushed and I thought I had suffocated her with my hug somehow as I put her down and moved back.

we were already down the stairs near the sofa's when we heard a beautiful sound of a bell,it was the butler and our chef,ringing the bell to call us for dinner.

"let's go,eat", I said in English which I believe the both of them understood as they followed along.

I knew it was a bit rude to show my back first and rush ahead , but my face seemed hot to the touch and my heart just wouldn't stop the ruckus it had started....

AUTHOR: Thankyou so much for the sweet and nice comments!!.

here are the character portraits I made :

KYLE:

RUKI:

RUKI: