Chapter 5

Loud rapid knocking on the front door of Haru's penthouse apartment startled him wake, he’d managed to fall asleep just past midnight after wrapping up a bid deal that would benefit his company. Grumpyly he forced himself out of bed and into the main living area to see who it was, already guessing who it could be.

His building had some of the best security, all his Visitors had to be buzzed in, and as far as Haru knew, he hadn't granted anyone except Izuku that privilege, but Izuku had a key to his apartment he would remember since Haru gave it to her on their one year anniversary two years ago.

He quickly entered the password and open the door to see Izuku is a shirt and thin jacket that wasn't enough to warn her up in the harsh November's cold weather.

“Sorry I'm here late I-I forgot my key” Izuku stuttered out, shaking slightly.

“It's okay, come here,” Haru said, pulling her into his chest trying to warm her with a hug while also rubbing the bleariness from his eye as he shut the door back.

Izuku huged him tightly and when he was awake enough to register that her shaking wasn't more from the cold then silent sobs he was wide awake and alert.

"What, Izuku are you okay. What happened, please talk to me" but she didn't say anything instead her silent sobs became louder
Haru stood still holding her close until her sobs would die down and she was ready to talk.

Izuku was pregnant.

Haru was pretty sure that’s what she said, but he wasn't really sure since his head was spinning. All he could hear was the blood pounding in his ears, his heart pumping, and all he felt was the numb shakiness of his limbs.

His head was spinning, the world was collapsing, he couldn’t breathe, and-

Izuku was pregnant.

“I- I don't know what to do,” he heard her choke out, between the sobs she’d started. Oh god.

Haru again pulled her in for a hug it had become a reflex. Habit. Whenever someone he cared about was crying, this was the appropriate response. He wasn’t aware enough to think through his actions. All he could think about was Izuku was pregnant.

“It’s my baby. Our baby,” she cried into Haru's shoulder.

“yeah,” Haru breathed dumbly. He got it. No abortion. He would have never suggested it, anyway.

She wrapped her arms around Haru’s neck and buried her head into his shirt. Haru shifted to accommodate her weight and hugged her tighter.

After several long minutes of Izukus weeping, Haru was still in just as much shock, but he willed himself to get a hold of his mind and emotions, Haru made a mental list of all the things to say to Izuku but non of that worked because what only came of his mouth was a fragile whispered "Thank you" Izuku pulled back and wiped at her eyes with her sleeve looking at Haru who was seconds away from crying his face had turned slightly red along with his eyes and let out a wet laugh kissing the single tear that escaped his right eye and hugging him again tightly.

In that moment they both knew what had to be done.

“Thank you,” Haru repeated it again, his voice slightly shaking. He cleared his throat, “You aren’t in this alone.”

“It’s okay, Izuku. We’ll figure this out,” Haru assured, he got up and filled her a glass of water while giving her some space to let her compose herself.

“What am I going to do?” Izuku asked pathetically, “I can’t afford-”

Haru interrupted her while gained control of his own emotions, “Then move in with me.”

“What,” Izuku asked shifting a bit under Harus intense gaze, “but we aren’t- I can’t just…” she trailed off, and Haru could feel her sigh just as he heard it.

Haru wrapped her up in his arms and rested his head on hers. “I love you,” he whispered into her hair as he closed his eyes.

He had no idea how this was going to work, but he would see it through.

Izuku was pregnant, and he was going to be a father.

“I love you, too,” she whispered back.

Maybe that’s all that mattered.