LANDON

Landon

His name was Bates.

An out of the ordinary name, undoubtedly. Possibly that was what made me be drawn to him, or maybe it was his quietness and how much I yearned to hear his voice. He had pretty brown hair that curled at the ends with honey brown eyes. Full lips and a dazzling smile.

Or maybe I was drawn to everything that came into the category Bates. Either way, he were the waves that hooked me all the way out at sea.

He never once even took a glimpse of me. On the other hand, I stared at him almost every chance I got.

His fangs were sunken deep within me. (And no, he's not a vampire.) Well, I don't think he is... How cliché that'd be.

"Why don't you just go talk to him," Alice, my best friend, caught me staring (like always) said to me. She picked at her food, a disgusted look on her face. I couldn't blame her, the school served some gross food.

"Why would I talk to him?" My voice came out high, shaking a bit at the words. No way I'd muster the courage to talk to him. Boys like him (handsome and amazing) didn't go for girls like me (awkward and insecure).

She tapped her dark red, long fingernails on the table. She somehow always kept her nails long, while I couldn't stop biting them so mine were very short nails. A bad habit I was yet to break. "Because you obviously like him, so go for it. I mean, look at him. He's sitting alone again." Today was his second day, and he was already all I thought about. "He's probably waiting for someone to go over there and talk to him. Which, you, can be that someone to change that." She looked up from the food.

"Me? Um, never." I blushed at the thought as he scurried away from me because I was too close to him.

"Why?" Alice asked, tilting her head which caused her to block the sight of Bates. She needed to move her head, I thought.

"Well, it's because--" I waved my arms at myself. "I'm me. And he's him," I let out a deep sigh. "The two of us. . . we just don't seem to fit together."

I got an eye roll from her. "Honey, you haven't even put up enough effort to try to talk to him. So, you don't know that for sure, which means, you should go talk to him." She ruffled down her blonde hair, blue eyes staring into mine.

She was right, that's for sure, I was just too much of a coward to do anything about it. "I--I know," I hung my head low, "I just can't, Alice, I freeze up and can't utter a word when he's remotely close to me. Why is he, Bates, making me feel this way? I mean, this is his second day. Am I that desperate.. that I latch myself onto a guy who, obviously, has no idea of my existence? It's just that pathetic, isn't it?"

"I don't know. But what I do know is that you need to go talk to him. It would be better than not trying or attempting at all, you know?" Alice told me. "Maybe you have a crush, and that's okay. If you like him, even if he just got to our school, that's okay. Love has no limits or periods of time for it to happen. It just happens."

I sighed. She had such a way with words.

"No kidding," I stated. I remember the day he had came into my homeroom-- eyes cast downwards as he handed the teacher a paper to sign. Then he sat down, in a row not far away from me. He'd have to turn around to see me, but I didn't have to. This was his second day of school and I'd already latched myself to him. Pathetic, I know. Don't remind me.

Please don't.

"Just go talk to him," she urged me, giving me a small smile.

"And say what?" I asked, hands starting to shake. No way was I actually going to go talk to him, come on. As if I'd know what to say.

"Just say hey or something. Start a conversation with him. It's not like he'll make you go away. He looks lonely, and he'll enjoy the company. Just breathe. Everything will be alright." She started to talk me into it, she was always good at that kind of stuff. It was just her. Shaking, I nodded at her long babble of why I should go talk to him. The more she talked, the more convinced she was making me. She was so good at that kind of stuff, always.

Before I knew it, I was walking over to him -- knees shaking. My nerves were, slowly yet forcefully, creating a wild, uncontrollable storm inside me.

My new story!

Ta da! How was it?

How do you like the names? I have no idea about last names. So how about some help with that? :)

I'm going to do it in two point of views: Bates and Landon's. So you'll get both thoughts and view points on both of them!

Enjoy!

Xoxo
Talia