BATES

Bates

Landon tried to make her breathing regular while we watched The Exorcist. I noticed, but didn't say or do anything. The movie was scary, obviously since it was inteneded to spook the audience watching it.

If I won, I didn't know exactly what I would make her do. At least, I didn't want to make her embarrass herself. I know how much she hates that. "Lan, I can almost feel the couch shaking from you being so petrified."

"Oh, no. I'm just really cold, that's all. I'll go get a blanket!" She leaped off the couch in search of a blanket. I noticed how pale she looked when she came back, she was scared.

"If you were so cold, you could've just cuddled up to me." I flirted which resulted in her blushing. She sat down, a space between us from where we both sat. I frowned and moved closer so that our arms and legs were touching. She bit her lip, keeping her eyes on the screen.

"You are supposed to watch the movie, not me," she joked, her elbow nudging me.

"I'm sorry, I can't keep my eyes off you."

With red stained cheeks she turned to me, "If you don't watch the movie then I will automatically win."

"What! How?"

"Because you have to watch the movie on the Television. Not watch me."

I shot her a teasing glare, "Fine," I grumbled, "I can't help that you are beautiful." I couldn't believe how straightforward and flirty I was being towards her. I wasn't lying. It was just new and refreshing to be so open to a person I so obviously like.

"Aren't you just super flirty today?" She said, teasing, blushing once again. I loved when she blushed.

"Shhhh." I nudged her. "Watch the movie." Occasionally, she would hold her breath when something scary would happen she'd hold her breath or grip the covers tightly.

Landon was doing good until the main girl that got possessed started levitating off the bed, her eyes rolling into the back of her head. She jumped, her body instantly leaning closer to me.

I was about to say something witty about how I won, but she grips my arm. "I know. I lost, I'm sorry. Just -- Just, this is scary. And I don't know why someone would make a movie like this." I wrap my arm around her and she scoots closer to me, her head laying in the crook of my neck. "Just hold me, please." She sounded so scared and her voice was low. So I just gripped her tighter and kissed the top of her head, comforting her.

When the movie was finally over, she let out a big sigh of relief. "I can't believe I watched that."

"At least you finished it," I remarked as she straightened up.
"Yeah, true. Okay. You won. So what do I have to do?" She stared at me, looking defeated.

I honestly had no idea what to have her do. Give me a massage? No, too weird

Make me a sandwich?

Ha, no.

Tell me a story about herself?

No, I could easily ask her that sometime.

I felt brave again, so I looked her in the eyes, and said, "Kiss me."

"W--What?" She stuttered out, blushing furiously. I loved when she blushed.

"Kiss me," I said again, feeling my neck and ears getting warm. She bit her lip, looking down. I started to regret every requesting that in the first place --

She leaned forward, her body close to mine, and planted a soft kiss on my cheek. My eyes widened at the act. "What -- What was that?"

She blushed, "A kiss." She looked at her hands, shyly.