LANDON

"Love is like a knife
You have to watch how you handle it,
Or you could get cut."

- bearblue1238

Landon

"You," Alice smiles at me, "should wear this to the party." Once again, we were at the mall trying to find clothes for us to wear. Right now, she was holding up a red dress that was long. I did not like it, especially for a party.

"Haha, funny." With a roll of my eyes, I look through yet another rack of dresses. I couldn't seem to find a dress I particularly liked. Either it was too much colors, didn't look right on me, et cetera.

"Landon, oh my...," Alice breathed and I walked over to her, "look at this dress." She held it up.

It was beautiful.

The dress was pure black. It was knee length and it hugged the top half of you body while the bottom of it didn't. On the back of the dress, it showed a bit of you back but you'd have to button it.

"It'll look amazing on you, Alice."

"What? Me?" She chuckles. "It's for you. This dress will look amazing on you."

"Why me?"

"Mainly, I don't have the curves to fit it, Landon. Plus, by the look on your face . . you really like the dress."

"I do. But I can't pull it off." I tell her.

"Why do you think that?" She asked, glaring at me.

"Because I--" I sigh, "I don't know."

"Yeah, I see that. Now go try it on. I want to see how absolutely stunning you'll look in that dress!" she shoved the dress in my hands and then ushered me towards the dressing room. "I'll be outside the door, you'll need help buttoning up the dress in the back."

"Alright." I go into the dressing room and undress then put on the dress. After Alice helps me button it up, we look at the dress on me in the big mirror outside of the dressing rooms.

"Wow, Landon. It -- It looks . . . wow!" she seemed utterly speechless and at awe.

"Do you like it?" I ask, spinning a little in the dress. It didn't look that bad, it fit me quite well.

"I love it." She smiles at me brightly. "Are you going to buy it?"

I tilt my head to the side, looking at my own reflection. The dress fit me fairly well and it made me feel good about myself all of a sudden. "Yes, I am."

•••

"Why don't we go get something to eat?" I ask as we walk out of the store, my dress in my hands.

"I'm not hungry, but you can get something to eat."

I chuckle. "How are you not hungry? You barely ate anything in lunch at school. You must be hungry."

"Oh, yeah. Well I'm not." Alice says, smoothing down her hair.

"Oh. Okay, well I am." I said.

"Let's go to the food court then," she says and walks past me quickly. I follow behind, slightly worried why she acting so odd -- then the smell of food hits my nose and I push down the worry. "What are you wanting to eat?"

"Hmm. Ohh! Pizza sounds tasty, don't you agree?"

"If I was hungry, I would agree. But I'm not." She leads us to order a slice of pizza for me.