BATES

Max Scheneider will play as Jessie. (Picture to the side.)

Bates

"Look, what I don't get is why that one kid took the bullet for the main dude. The kid shouldn't have died," Jonas argued over a movie he had watched last night at lunch, seeming slightly sad and annoyed.

"He saved the main guy," Jessie said, picking up a tator tot, "Have you read the book?"

"Nope," Jonas shook his head.

Jessie turned to me. "Are you guys talking about The Maze Runner?" the J's nodded. "Then yes. I've read those series." I glanced over at Landon who was reading a book, sitting at her usual spot without Alice.

Jonas sighed, looking down at the table, "Go,"

"Pardon?" I looked back at Jonas.

"Go get her," he said, "and, if you want, bring her over here."

Jessie and I both raised our eyebrows in surprise. Jonas didn't really have a liking to people sitting at the table a lot, so with him inviting Landon over here was surprising. "Ok," I said. "Just don't say anything stupid."

I walked over to her, she looked up from her book, hearing me come over, "Oh, hey." She began to smile that calm, wamring smile that made my breathing stop.

"Hey Landon," I mumbled, my teeth sinking in my lower lip. "Um, would you like to-to sit with me?"

Landon looked over at Jessie and Jonas. They both caught eyes with me and gave me a thumbs up. She looked back at me, questioningly raising her eyebrows. I felt my neck and face beginning to get red. I began to scratch the back of my neck, "Uh..Look, you don't have to. I was just -"

"No, it's okay," she stood up, gathering her things, "let's go." We made our way back to the table. Jonas and Jessie had a smug grin on their faces.

"Landon," Jonas drawled, "I haven't seen you since the two of you were sucking each other's faces outside of the school on the bench."

Landon just smiled, her cheeks almost as pink as her lips, "Jonas," she spoke in the same tone as him, "I haven't seen you since you were throwing your head back and singing an Arctic Monkeys song."

He shot her an amused grin, "Those energy drinks were amazing. And so is that song." He eyed me a minute too long and I knew all too soon that he was up to something. "Did you know that Bates, your beloved crush, used to gawk at you every day in lunch?"

Jonas, I will hit you.

Jessie shook his head, trying not to laugh. Landon was starting to turn red.

Jonas smirked. "Also, did you know that he used to write poems for you?" He glanced over at Jessie, "How did it go again?"

"Oh, Landon, your hair/ cascade like waterfalls/ your eyes like colors undescribable/ your skin so soft and-and extra soft." Jessie spoke out in a soft voice, his eyes closed, holding a hand to his chest while the other was up in the air. Jonas laughed loudly.

Landon's face was even more red, so was mine. I never wrote poetry, I sucked at that crap.

I was going to murder the both of them.