LANDON

Landon

I was finally ungrounded. Which was great; I could hang with Alice more. I would miss my quiet time in my room as I read the multiple books my dad had that he let me borrow. I most certainly wouldn't miss the orders Mandy spit at me every chance she got.

It would be less frequent, I hope. Mandy wasn't too happy about me walking home, but didn't act upon it. By acting upon it I mean telling my dad and making me grounded longer. Which surprised me. I figured she'd jump at the opportunity to get me in trouble like she has done in the past.

Currently, I was on the phone with Alice. "So have the two of you made it official that you guys are dating?"

I let out a sigh. "Nope."

"And why not?" She asked loudly in the phone, sounding more upset about it than I should be. I wasn't too upset about it. I got to hang with him and talk to him. It wasn't like we had to become exclusive, but I didn't want him to think I didn't want us to either.

"I dunno," I shrugged even though she couldn't see me, "it's not like we aren't talking. We are talking. We both know our feelings towards one another."

"Oh, I know. I can tell."

"What do you mean? Besides the obvious of me telling you."

She laughed. "Okay, well for starters you have this like radiant-I'm-so-happy vibe going on when you get to school. Which is, like, so cute and adorable, Landon. Plus, you started wearing that one perfume -- hmm, what is it even called again? Isn't it vanilla or something?"

I chuckled, "Yes, it is vanilla. It smells good."

"I couldn't agree more on it smelling good." She replied.

"No more talk about me, what about you?"

"What about me?"

I wiggled my eyebrows then remembered once again she couldn't see me, so I stopped before anyone walked in and thought I was creepy by making my eyebrows dance. "You and Jessie!? Duh."

"Oh, no. We are not even a -- a thing!" She protested, "We haven't talked much since Bates and you kissed at the park." As soon as I had got home and no one was awake, I called her and told her all about it.

"And why not?"

"I guess he's busy."

"Bates told me he has been helping Jonas try to find him a girlfriend," I informed her and I heard her scoff.

"I could easily help them with that. Ugh. Stupid boys." She huffed with annoyance towards Jessie, "All I need is Netflix."

"You should go talk to him, Alice." I advised, "With two people talking, it goes both ways. If he isn't talking to you much, you go talk to him. You can do it; you're Alice Martin!"

She didn't say anything for a while, but I could tell she was thinking about it, "Okay, okay," she said just as I was about to question if she were still on the phone, "I will."

"That's my girl," I grinned.

"Yes. Well, this girl needs sleep -- so do you, we have school tomorrow." Alice said. After we exchanged goodnights and byes to one another, we hung up.

•••

"Okay, guess what?" Alice said as soon as we sat down in lunch, she was grinning.

"What?"

"I kinda sorta thing Jessie likes me,"

"Is it not obvious enough?" I asked, biting a carrot.

She shrugged before taking a sip of her water. "Look, I did what you said. I talked to him."