Night-Time

She sat on the bench, thinking about what just happened. It was unreal. Brooke stood up quickly and grabbed her phone out of her bag. It was an old iPhone model, but it still worked well, and she was currently saving money to move when she finished university. She decided to text Wilbur.                                                                                                                                                       

Hey Wilbur  

Hi Brooke                                                                                                                                                                                 

 Wanna meet up tomorrow?

 Sure, where?                                                                                                                                                          

I'll take you there, just meet me same time same place  

Haha. I can't wait to see where you take me. I'm sure it'll be fun ;)    

Nice. Cya later

She couldn't wait to meet him again. Wait... This wasn't a date right? What was she thinking?! They had only met once for five minutes, of course this wasn't a date. And they were just friends. Why did that thought make her kind of sad? She whispered to herself. "What are you thinking Brooke? There's now way someone like Wilbur would want to date you. He probably already has a girlfriend."

She checked the time. 11:35!! She was gonna be late home! Brooke ran home as fast as she could, making sure to stop at the store to get food, as her mother never bought her anything, and she was trying to be clean of starving herself. Once her mother found out she was cutting herself and Brooke had to run away to a friends for the weekend. When she got home her mother had already forgotten, she must've been drunk again at the time. She had been clean from self harm for around a month now, so now she had a bunch of knives and razor blades sitting in her back draw.

She jumped up the stairs until she got to the floor of her flat. Brooke slipped through the front door and into her room, hopefully her mother didn't notice she had been out later than her curfew. She heard that the tv was on, and peeped out a crack in the door. As she thought, her mother and her boyfriend were passed out on the couch, with some oven pizza on the floor and alcohol spilled all over them, the sofa and the floor. She knew they never woke up easily when they got drunk, so she tip-toed into the room and started cleaning up. She mopped the floor and trashed the pizza, then headed back to her room.

She laid down on her bed and stared at the ceiling. "This must be fate." she whispered to herself, "There's no other reason someone like him would meet me." As she lay there, the only thing she was thinking about was his smile, his wink at her, his laugh, the way he walked and talked and everything about him. She picked up her phone. 01:25 am. Damn, she had to go to sleep, she had to be school at 8am, which meant she had to wake up at 06:00, then catch the bus.

She woke up. 07:00 am. She was gonna miss the bus! She ran over to her wardrobe and threw on the first things she could find, a black and white jumper and black ripped jeans. She covered her nearly black eye bags with concealer and drew on some eye liner, then bolted out the house. She hopped on the bus and sat down in the back. She saw that she got a text from Wil.      

Still up to meet?                                                                                                                                                                      Of course Wilbur                                                                                                                                                                    Is this a date or?                                                                                                                                                                      Ummmm I don't think so unless you want it to be                                                                                            Haha. We'll see what happens ;)