Lilly

The next morning, which was a Monday, Brooke had school again. Wil had offered to drive her there and she gladly agreed, she wanted to spend as much time with him as she could, even though they already lived together, every second was precious. Her school was way closer to Wilbur's house than hers, and they stayed at home until she was about to be late. Luckily they got there quickly. They said bye to each other and hugged, then Brooke watched as Wil drove back home.

She turned to face the school and started walking through the large gates surrounding the establishment, when her nightmare came true. Her sister was stood next to the gates, waiting for Brooke to come. She looked her dead in the eyes and said, in a voice that would seem calm to anyone else, but shook Brooke to the core, "where have you been, sister?"She didn't answer, instead slowly ruined back around to face the road. She knew the closest place to run, where her sister wouldn't find her. 

She started running, as fast as she could. Her heavy school bad weighed her down, but it didn't stop her. She ran across the square, her old home and to the same station she always went to. She hadn't been there in 3 days now. In only three days, she finally felt happy. All because of one person. But it was gone, that warm feeling had been shattered in a heartbeat.

She finally got there, and sat down breathing heavily. Brooke had never been there in the day, yet she still found it empty. She had always guessed not a lot of people knew about that station, or didn't use it because of the placement in the city, but she loved being alone. Because it was only 1:30pm, she could see the colours shining through and onto the stone pavement, making something that to Brooke looked a bit like a delicate butterfly wing. She thought of Wil.

While that was all happening, Wilbur couldn't stop thinking of Brooke. Every time that he missed her, he felt the way she hurt. He didn't know why but worried thoughts overflowed his head 'what if she's seeing someone else at school' 'what if she didn't come back home' 'what if she leaves me after what I said yesterday about the station'. He couldn't help it anymore. Wil got in his car, and drove back to the school. When he had dropped her of he hadn't seen how massive the school was, he understood why Brooke would go to a place like that.

He locked his car after stepping out and walked to the reception of the school, he had to ask a student where it was. He soon got there. "Hi, I just wanted to check if Brooke Silver came to school today.""Relation?" The woman at the desk replied coldly."I'm her boyfriend and we live together."She looked at him before saying "she didn't come today."

The words hit him like a wave, one ten times bigger than him, engulfing him in darkness. Before even saying goodbye to the woman, he turned on his heel and walked out. As soon as he left the school grounds, he slumped down on the pavement. For a second, none more none less, he saw Lilly, standing at the gates. He knew the way she smiled. His past girlfriend always looked at him like that. A smile that concealed rage, a lot of black and read swirling rage, ready to flow out any second.

Wilbur's ex wasn't a good person. He hated even saying the work good and her name in the same sentence. She was horrible. A few years ago Wil had studied geography too, in a diff university. He also had a side job to get money for rent, food and bills. All his ex had done was stay at home, watch Tv and sleep all day, it was like she was forgetting he had to go to work and pay his bills, while also paying for her. The day he broke up with her was also the day he quit uni.

The next second, Lilly set of running. He was too dazed to think of it as weird, so he just continued sitting there, watching her run off. Then she stopped abruptly, turned around, and looked straight at Wilbur. He was across a massive road from her, but Lilly didn't care. She walked out into the road and straight towards him through the traffic. The sounds of car horns being blasted by the drivers and cars trying to stop as fast as possible flooded Wilbur's ears. He knew that he was in a bad situation, and had to move fast.

He stood up too quickly, and his head spun, but that didn't stop him. He bolted into the now maze of cars. He was taller than most of them, meaning he had to duck so she wouldn't see him. He weaved in and out of them as fast and carefully as he could, and when he was in the next street, he started sprinting. He knew exactly why Brooke wasn't at school, and exactly where she was. He remembered the way to the station and got there as fast he could.

Brooke heard his loud heavy footsteps, she knew he was coming, but she didn't move until the last second. Just as she saw him appear in the corner of her view, she got up and plunged into the dark stairway. Just as Wil got there, he saw Brooke's long brown hair go into the underground, but he couldn't run anymore, so he stumbled over to the station entrance and called out, "Brooke come back. I know you're in there. I know what happened. Let's go home." No reply. "Brooke please." He begged into the dark. But she wasn't there anymore, and his only choice was to go in.