Lovejoy

They emerged out the tunnel of stairs, and Wil sat on the bench, with Brooke still in his arms. She hadn't stopped crying the whole time, but her tears flowed even more than before. "I-I'm so sorry," is all she could say in between sobs. Wilbur stroked her hair and face, wiping off the black tears. "She scares me so much Wil." Brooke stuttered while crying, "it hurts to even see her." She closed her eyes, but it didn't stop the tears. "If I saved you last time, you just did the same to me." Wilbur didn't say anything, only hugged her. Silence passed for a few moments."Wanna go home?"

Brooke immediately stood up, forgetting about her twisted ankle and wincing in pain. He picked her up again, and made his way as fast as he could back to his flat.He laid her down on the couch and got her a bandage for her ankle, she had sprained it quite badly, Wil estimated it would take around 3 days to heal fully, as he said "well now you can have three days at home with just me," and smiled bashfully. By the time they had come home, it was around 6pm, so all evening they finished watching demon slayer, and went to sleep at 12. Brooke had to change her clothes and put them in the wash, as they were filled with dirt.

In the morning they woke up at 10:30am, earlier than all the other days, probably because they went to sleep earlier. They made breakfast, once again pancakes as Wil didn't know how to make anything else. They stayed at home, and they both read Wilbur's favourite book, Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, a comedy science fiction series.It was already 8 pm, and Brooke's ankle had gotten better over the day, and with lots of convincing Wilbur that she was ok, they left the house again. 

Wil took his guitar with him too."Where are we going?" Brooke asked him"I know where, it'll be a surprise that you'll love." Then he continued leading Brooke through the city. They walked past the rainbow station, behind it from where Wil first saw her, and down a small alleyway, before stopping at a light blue door. "Come in," and he gestured inside as he pulled out a key, unlocked and opened the door.It smelled of wood inside, and all she could see inside was a small hallway. 

They walked through, until there was three doors, on each side of the wall. He went into the right room, and when he opened the door he shouted "everyone I'm here!" They heard fast footsteps then saw 3 guys in the room.He gestured to one with straight brown hair and a matching moustache, "Ash this is Brooke, Brooke this is Ash." Ash smiled at them both and shook Brooke hand, "nice to meet you." He said. "You too,"Next was one with ginger hair and a same colour beard, "This is Mark,"He walked over and said "so this is who Wil was always talking about," and smiled. The last one walked over and said "hello Brooke! I'm Joe Holdsmith," And grinned at her, and she smiled and said hi back."So I'm guessing you know the reason I know you here Brooke?""To meet the band?" She answered a little confused.Wil laughed at her softly then said "wait here a second, when I call you just follow my voice." She was still confused but nodded. They left the room and closed the door behind them. She heard their muffled voices behind the door and the sound of things getting moved around.The noise stopped and she finally heard Wil call out, "you can come now!"

 She left the room as soon as he said that and went to the left room. She opened the door and was met with an amazing surprise. They were all suited up, ready to play. "Sit down Brooke," Wil said loudly, probably because the sound muting headphones were making everything less loud. She sat down on the wood floor, it was cold under her but she didn't mind. A second later they all began playing. She loved every second of it. The drums and guitar and Wilbur's voice went so well together. The lyrics were she thought 'very British' , and they were all really skilled at their instruments. It seemed that it lasted forever, but then the song finished. Brooke clapped as loud as she could. 

"You think we're ready to perform?" Asked Wilbur."Of course!" She exclaimed."Our first ever tour is next week on Friday evening, so we need as much practice as possible. We were also looking for someone to help with some background vocals but haven't found anyone up for the job yet."Brooke bit her lip. Everyone told her she was amazing at singing but she was so scared to perform, but she thought "this is my only way to repay Wil for yesterday and living with him," so she toughened up and stuttered"Ummm I'm a little good at singing... maybe I could help...?" She stuttered.All their eyes lit up when she said that. "Really!?" They all asked at the same time. "Yea haha." She laughed nervously. 

Wil immediately ran up to her, gave her a sheet of paper with the song lyrics on it, some headphones and a microphone.He ran back to the band, put his headphones on, grabbed his guitar and shouted "LETS START!" Everyone started playing and Wil started singing. Now stood up the sound overwhelmed her a bit, even through headphones. She looked at the sheet of paper and saw words in brackets, "background vocals," she thought. Seconds passed as her eyes scanned the words, waiting for her turn to come. It was her first time singing to anyone in years, so that she was stood there now about to sing in front of Wil and the other band members was a worrying but also amazing feeling.

Her line was coming. "I can't go back now," she thought. It was a few seconds until her line... Now. She sang her line as best she could, and she saw everyone's eyes look at her amazed. They continued through the song, Brooke filled with new courage. After what felt like forever, the song ended again. Everyone took of their headphones and out down their instruments. They all smiled at her and the second she came over said "You're in Brooke! You were amazing, with more practice you'll be better than Wilbur." Said the three others.

 Her and Wil laughed then he said, "it's official then. Better tell you the name of the band you're in then.""I thought you said you hadn't thought of a name yet?" Asked Brooke confused."Just thought of one ." He said in a carefree tone "drumroll please." Mark tapped his drumsticks together, then Wil announced "Brooke you are now officially part of Lovejoy." The name sounded pretty and Brooke asked,"So how'd you think of it? It's really nice." She saidAll of them were silent for a bit then all burst out laughing. "We honestly have no idea, kinda just came to us somehow." Said Ash."Well all that matters is that it's pretty, and I think it suits your band well." She smiled as she said that."We still have 3 other songs to practice for next week, you can sit down and listen," Wil said.

 Brooke sat down again and a minute later, after getting themselves ready, they started playing another song. This one had more drums in it, and the tune was very easy to pick up. She hummed along to the chorus, and before she knew it the song had ended. With only a second long pause, they went onto another song which was fast-paced and amazing. The last song was like all of them combined and she liked it a lot too. Finally they had finished all four of the songs, and it had been the funnest thing ever. Brooke had never felt so alive. She clapped even louder than the first time. "That was amazing! I can't wait till the tour!" She exclaimed.

They all smiled at her then Mark gave her 3 more pieces of paper and said "here's the rest of the lyrics, learn em well before Friday. I bet a new band member, especially you, would be the best surprise to the fans next week-""Wait I'm already performing next week?!""Of course," replied Wilbur "I agree with Mark, everyone will love you.""That's settled then. Cya Saturday for next rehearsal," said Joe.Wil and Brooke waved them goodbye and left into the alleyway.