WeatherSpoons

"That was the best thing ever. Thanks so much for bringing me Wil.""No problem, I knew you really wanted to go, and now you're part of us too.""Let's go somewhere else, it's only 9pm. It's somewhere I've never been before though, but I want to know what it's like there."That confused him a bit but he still followed her. After a while he recognised where they were. "So you've never been to WeatherSpoons before huh,""Nah, never had the time but I've always wanted to go, also it'd probably boring alone." Brooke sighed. She herself didn't know why she wanted to go to the pub so much, but now she was finally going. "Well good that you have me with you, I wouldn't want you getting hurt by people there."

They were around the corner and Wil could already smell it. The last time he had been there was a year go. His last night here was memorable, but not in a good way. He hoped the place had changed wile he was gone. "God damnit, why am i so scared." He thought as they went round the corner. It was like he got hit by a brick wall. Of stench of he sweaty people and alcohol remaking clothes, of shouting, of tyres screeching on the road."It hasn't changed," he whispered under his breathe.It was so quiet Brooke didn't hear him say it ad continued down the street. Wilbur held her hand tightly, he would make sure nothing would happen to her. 

He was now walking in font of her, kicking glass shards off the pavement and moving people out the way, sometimes walking them onto the road to avoid puddles of drink and vomit. It felt like hours that they were walking up the street, yet it was only a few minutes.

Regret filled Brooke as they arrived. Why had she asked him to go here. She wished she could go back home, or any other place but here. Butt she didn't say anything, because she thought it would seem selfish to go back after making Wil walk all the way here. They finally stood in front of the lit up sign hung above the door. They both stood still, not knowing what to do or say. Finally, Wilbur decided to go in. He swung open the heavy wooden door and lead Brooke in. The dim yellow light engulfed them, and after around 5 minutes, they could see each there's expressions again. They both tried to hide their anxiety but failed.

"Wanna go to the place I used to sit?" Mumbled Wil quietly."Sure," she answered. He took her hand and led her to the stairwell. They climbed up fifteen flight of stairs, and found that spot in the corner just over there. He gestured to a little table in the edge of the room. They were on the top floor, well the last one before the open-air balcony, and there was no-one there. They were so high up they couldn't hear what was going on outside the little room. They sat opposite each other and held hands across the round table."What would you like to drink?" Asked Wilbur"I've never had anything, choose for me,"He was a taken aback by this but replied"Sure. Should i go down alone or-"Brooke interrupted him, "you think i wouldn't want to go somewhere with you?" She laughed and smiled as she said it.

 They walked back down the stairs slowly, until Wil suddenly stopped on the last flight of stairs."Wait here for me, I'll get everything as fast as I can. "Wil why do I-" he cut her off"It's for your safety, I'll only be a few minutes," and with that he climbed down the last stairs and left Brooke standing there alone. She was confused but listened to him, it looked like he knew this place well. She heard loud footsteps and slurred words, then a massive crash. A second later Wilbur came back.

"I've ordered everything, let's go back upstairs," and he hastily pulled Brooke up the stairs.'What just happened." He thought as he ran up the stairs. "I thought this place had changed. Why was I so naïve to think that."

*flashback in Wilbur pov*I heard something. Brooke probably didn't, she isn't that wary here as me. It's not safe down there for her, I'll go on my own. I'll tell her to stay here while I get the drinks on my own. I'm in the ground floor now, next to the bar. Why am I shaking, nothings gonna happen. *thump* I jumped and turned around to face the door. It opened slowly and someone came in. I stared at the man in front of me. Why was he back, and why now on the night he was here. This person was the reason i stopped coming here. God damnit, i should've asked Brooke to go somewhere else.

"Hello Wilbur Soot." The man's words were slurred, and i knew why. "I see you're back, wanna buy something then?" I suddenly got filled him with old feelings of hate for him, and in the heat of the moment, i swung his arm and punched. The man hadn't expected it, neither has i honestly, and he flew back and landed in a heap against the door. I took my chance and ran to find the bartender to order drinks and tell them about the man.

I found a bartender outside, he had clearly seen what had happened, and i showed him where the man was. More security came, arrested the man and carried him out to a police man. All that time he was still out cold. The bartender came back to me after the van drove out."Also could i please order one bottle of white wine? I'm on the fifteenth floor," i asked. The waiter looked at me for a second then went to get my drink. I sprinted to the stairwell and found Brooke still standing there waiting for me.*back to real time*

They were back up at the fifteenth floor. Wilbur was out of breathe, and he sat down slowly. He was still processing what had just happened. Brooke saw him shaking in his chair and sat down on his lap. "What happened Wilby?" She asked soothingly. Silent tears started streaming down hid face as he told her everything that just happened. She hugged him and comforted him, he had been through too much."He used to come here everyday. Follow me around. Sometimes he even tried to threaten me to buy from him but i never did. I stopped coming here for that reason. Then a few months later my friends said he had left London. That's the only reason i agreed to com back here. I thought he was gone..." he trailed of.

A minute of silence later they heard the waiter coming up the stairs. Wil quickly wiped his tears away, and a second later the waiter entered the room with one bottle of white wine and two glasses. He set them down on the table then left. Slightly struggling, as Brooke was till sat on him, he poured the two glasses half full. They botched picked up one and then took a sip. Wil saw her face grimace as she swallowed it, then she started laughing. "Guessing its not for you then," he said jokingly.

 They talked and Wil occasionally took a sip of his wine. Before they knew it, the clock read 12am. They climbed down the stairs again and left into the street. The moon was blocked by the buildings and thy only light they had was from the streetlights. They made their way across the city, sometimes stopping to look at the night view, and before they knew it they were back at Wilbur's apartment.