Chapter 1: Mark of Evil

"Go Lion Guard!!!" Simba roared while slamming a spotted hyena back with a punishing blow with his paw. He led his royal army deep into the outlands, lionesses, rhinos, crocodiles, elephants, eagles in the sky, and many more fought alongside their King against the army of Ushari and if the rumors were true, Scar.

"Let's go! Till the Pride Lands ends!"

"The Lion Guard defends!" Simba watched his son Kion and the rest of his Lion Guard, Fuli, Bunga, Anga, Beshte, and Ono, as well as Rafiki's apprentice Makini fight their way through groups of jackals, spotted hyenas, and crocodiles until they reached the base of a smoking volcano which loomed over the Outlands like an ominous shadow.

"Be safe." Simba muttered, nearly missing a pair of jackals sneaking up on him, luckily he didn't fight alone. Nala snarled and slammed one into a rock before seizing the other in her powerful jaws before shaking him like a ragdoll.

"Dad, you need to focus!" A young lioness said as she came beside him.

Simba took a deep breath but didn't stop watching Kion.

"He'll be alright." Nala said, though from the tone of her voice and expression, she almost sounded as if she was trying to convince herself.

Kiara too was worried about Kion, but the rumors couldn't be true. There was no way Scar could be back, and if Ushari was using dark magic to cause a volcanic eruption, only the Roar of the Elders could stop it.

"You guys are nuts if you're still working for that snake!" Simba, Nala, and Kiara noticed Janja with four of his closest followers now fighting alongside the Pridelands, or at least with Jasiri's pack of Hyenas.

"I'm still getting used to that." Kiara said, earning a chuckle from Jasiri who came beside her.

"I knew there was a good boy hidden inside him. Now that he's not distracting Kion, he should have that snake in no time."

"I hope so."

Kion was no longer a mere-cub, he was now in the full-swing of adolescence, his deep-red mane half-grown in and thick muscles extended across his body.

"Come on, we're almost there!!" The young-lion's voice similarly deepened, matching his ferocious expression. With a feral snarl, he crashed one paw into a spotted hyena, sending her sprawling back into a rock, and then pivoted to snatch another in his jaws. With these foes clear, the prince came low to flip an approaching crocodile onto his back. Yet even as he did so, a trio of jackals loomed in the shadows, ready to pounce.

"Time to eat some Lion prince-"

"Huwezi!" Moving like a flash of lightning, Fuli pounced, struck, or snatched each jackal in her jaws.

"You can't hide, and you can't run either!" The cheetah said with an intense smile as she ran down one of the fleeing jackals.

Despite this, more of Ushari's minions rushed from the volcano's interior to block the Lion Guard's entrance.

"Our master's plans are near completion, don't let them inside!" A vulture squawked, closing in on Kion with two wingmen.

"Anga linga!" The violet fish eagle, Anga swooped up from just over Kion and intercepted all three vultures with a series of swift blows, that nearly knocked them out of the sky.

"Come on, let's give Kion some space! Zuka Zama!!" Bunga leaped up and off Kion's head, claws held out.

Two approaching jackals nearly yelped when they saw the ferocious honey descend upon their faces. In a matter of moments, the wild dogs' senses became flooded in pain, agony, and disgust as Bunga let loose a barrage of claw strikes and his trademark stench.