Chapter 3: Wivu

After the sandstorm a few days earlier, Kion and the others almost welcomed the snowy tundra.

"Whooo hoooo!" Bunga screamed as he slid down a hill on his back, crashing into a pile of snow at the bottom and covered the others.

".....Bunga, snow is almost as bad as water." Fuli groaned, trying to shake it off her.

"I don't think it's that bad." Azaad chuckled, earning an annoyed glance from the female cheetah.

"I think it feels nice." Beshte said, stopping for a moment to rest his body in the snow.

"Really, alright then, have some more!" Bunga hurled a snowball into Beshte's face making him huff before nearly burying the honey badger in snow with his mouth.

"Ok, not bad, but how about this!"

Bunga threw another two snowballs, but both missed their intended targets, one hitting Ono and the other Anga.

"That's it!" Anga roared down and picked up some snow in her talons but felt another snowball strike her side, not from Bunga, but from a giggling Makini. With a fierce squawk, Anga hurled both her snowballs at Makini who ducked and weaved, eventually passing Fuli who took a hit.

"Grrrr! My turn!"

Fuli used her back legs to kick up snow into the air, with some of it landing on on Azaad.

"Ohh, don't start something you can't finish!!" Azaad chuckled and quickly returned the favor. Before long all of them, save Kion, were embroiled in a spirited snowball fight, laughing all the while.

Ono squawked in frustration as snowball after snowball hit him and he couldn't even fight back with his vision still blurred.

"I'm going to hit someone!" The egret declared, balling up some snow in his wings and throwing it in a random direction. He ended up hitting someone, but ironically, the wrong one.

Ono's snowball struck Kion on the back of his head, halting him.

"Ha! Nice throw Ono!" Bunga laughed before he and the others saw fire in Kion's expression.

"Are you serious!!? Our families think we're dead and all of you are messing around, look at what we have to get through today!!" Kion snarled, emphasizing the snow covered mountain in front of them.

"They don't underssssstand your pain, they will keep you from reaching the Tree of Life."

"Grrraaww!" Kion rubbed his eye again.

"Easy, Kion. You just need some tuliza!" Makini raced over and took out a few of the purple flowers from her gourd.

"Freshly picked this morning."

The others nervously watched him eat the tuliza, particularly Azaad.

"He's not usually like this, it's the venom." Fuli said, more concerned than afraid.

"It's good we're taking him to the Tree of Life, I've never heard of venom that does this to someone."

"Ushari practiced dark magic, everything about him was corrupted."

Kion exhaled slightly after eating the herbs.

"Well?" Makini asked, backing up slightly.

"Yeah, feel better!" Bunga laughed while throwing a snowball into Kion's face.

"Bunga!!" The others shouted. Makini trembled when she saw the fire reignite in Kion's eyes and he raised a paw, claws extended.

"Kion, no!!!" The prince brought his paw down and splashed a small wave of snow into Bunga, knocking him onto his back.