Chapter 7: Usafi

Author's note at (xxx) play I need a hero from Shrek 2

The sun rose over the lands before Kion and his friends and they struggled to take it all in. The Kingdom was even grander in scale than Pride Rock, with seven different environments within it. A snowy tundra, a forest and lake, a marsh, a desert, a river plain, a savanna, and a grassland in the center, connecting them all.

However, even this wasn't the end, for beyond the Kingdom's borders, Kion and his friends saw the boundaries of a jungle, an island, and another tundra.

"Amazing, how is this even possible!!" Beshte muttered, barely able to comprehend what he saw.

"I wish I could see." Ono sighed.

"You will soon, buddy!" Bunga encouraged his egret friend. Kion, however, remained fixated on a single tree which sat in the very center of the grasslands, one larger than any he'd ever seen in his life.

Rani noticed Kion's expression and how the tree took his breath away. Despite her earlier misgivings of the scarred prince, she couldn't help but smile a little.

"This way."

Kion and his friends passed dozens of animals grazing, sleeping, or moving about, many of whom were species the Guard never saw before.

"Woah what are they!!?" Bunga cried.

"That's an Okapi." Baliyo answered, earning another longing sigh from Ono.

"This place is as wonderful as I remember!!" Makini tried to contain her excitement, and even Fuli lost herself to the awe of everything around her. That was until she saw who awaited them.

A large pride of lions, perhaps even bigger than Pride Rock's, all of whom looked like the Night Pride, rested between the Lion Guard and the Tree of Life. Many of these lions and lionesses gave the newcomers suspicious or unsavory looks as they passed.

"Princess Rani, who are they?" An adolescent female asked.

"Visitors, the Queen wants to see them." Rani said, though Fuli could sense much distrust still in the lioness towards them.

The cheetah narrowed her eyes at Rani with similar misgivings, that was until she felt Azaad nudge up against her.

"You should try and ease up around the Princess."

"Hmp, she doesn't trust us, so I don't trust her."

"What reason does she have to trust us? She has no idea who we are, only that we're strangers who seemingly attacked her home. Would you trust someone in her situation?" Fuli wanted to scowl at Azaad, but realized he had a point and sighed.

"Relax, just show her what you showed me, and everything will be fine." Fuli purred slightly while looking back at Azaad.

"I don't know if I'll show her exactly what I showed you."

Finally Kion and the others reached the tree itself, and followed Rani inside an opening near the base. The tree's interior glowed with a green moss-like substance and vines that rested across the cavern like sentient creatures.

Yet among these plants and wood, Kion saw a single mammal among them, a lioness who resembled Rani, but older than any lion he'd ever seen. She carried an unspoken wisdom and authority by her sheer presence, but also a clear humility and warm compassion.

"Queen Janna, I present to you, the Lion Guard of Pride Rock. Lion Guard, you stand before Queen Janna of the house of Capet." Rani said. Without instruction, Kion and his companions quickly bowed their heads in respect, much to the Night Pride's appreciation.