Chapter 13: Msamaha

Kion couldn't help but notice how different it felt using the Roar and having it used on him. Fuli vomited within moments of their landing just outside the Tree of Life's southern entrance.

"Gaah! I thought it was bad being carried by that thing when you used it!" The cheetah groaned. Even Anga looked a bit green in the face and nodded.

"Vitani needs to practice the Roar."

"Practice the Roar, hmp, it's not hers to begin with." Bunga growled, gazing longingly at his now empty shoulder as well as the others'.

"That doesn't matter now, Bunga." Even without the roar, Kion felt a premonition that something was off.

"Anga, you see anything?" Rani asked. The eagle flew up higher and peered in on the Kingdom before squawking.

"There's a great battle! Hasira is attacking in force!"

"No!" Binga yelped.

All of the lions snarled together.

"Let's go! Till the Pride Lands end!"

"The Lion Guard will defend!"

Kion led the way in and before long, Ono spotted Ullu trapped in a tree. The snow-owl clutched onto a tree-branch, her right wing dangled with blood dripping down the feathers while a pair of ravenous baboons slowly scaled the tree after her.

"Help!!!" She cried in desperation.

"Hold on, Ullu!!" Gael snarled, the Night Lion and several others including Idan and Kanda desperately battling a larger group of striped hyenas and a few leopards. Despite the Night Lions' immense strength, the number of adversaries kept them on the defensive and unable to assist Ullu.

"Hapana!"

"Ono, help Ullu! Everyone else, move in!" Kion roared.

Ono narrowed his eyes and came straight for the first baboon, catching him off-guard and knocking him off the tree. The other lashes out, trying to claw and bite the egret, but Ono proved too fast. Coming back around, he used his beak like a spear and sent the baboon into the ground.

Ullu sighed in relief.

"Are you ok!?" Ono landed beside her and carefully took the owl's wing.

"Whoo, I'll be fine." Ullu said, blushing slightly.

Back on the ground, Kion and Rani joined the battle first, clearing a path for the others to join. Gael, Kanda, and Idan nearly cried out in joy at the return of their Queen and the Lion Guard. However, their attention soon shifted to the massive lion among them. He looked like a fully-grown version of Kion, bigger than Surak or any other male at the Tree of Life.

With a thunderous roar, Simba sent a pair of striped hyenas into the air with his paw-strokes and then seized a fully-grown male leopard in his mouth, lifting him up as if a small twig.

"Woah." Gael muttered in disbelief.

"Who is that!?" Kanda added.

Idan looked at Simba and then Kion.

"From the looks of things, a fully-grown Plantagenet."

Nala, Kiara, and Kovu backed Simba up, dispatching any of Hasira's minions that tried to flank him. With the Lion Guard completing the encirclement, it ended the skirmish within a minute.

"Your majesty!" Kanda cried, rushing with the other Night Lions to her and bowing.

"I'm sorry I let this happen, where's the Night Pride!?"