MAGAZINE

With school, music festivals, award shows, and fashion shows this year it's been especially hard for Aaliyah to balance it all. School comes first (obviously) but, she loves catching flights to go work with her favorite celebrities and influencers. This year is a big year for fashion, everyone wants to show off since they couldn't last year. Dressing people up and going to parties is crazy and fun and Aaliyah knows that's what she wants to do for the rest of her life.

It's the middle of September, and so much is going on. Classes seem long and hard but Aaliyah powers through it all. Her professors like her, she's a good student despite all the works she does outside of college. She talks to her professors if she's not gonna be in class certain days for an event or whatever. She always makes sure her school work is done. They respect her for that. Her classmates like her because she's kind and helpful. She stays lowkey at school.

It's gonna be a longggggg weekend for Aaliyah, so Thursday night she packs her bags for Vegas the next day. She has clients in Vegas and LA this weekend so she's gonna b on her feet. She likes always being busy. While packing her bags her phone starts to ring. She checks to see an unknown number, number so she just ignored it. Seconds after the phone stopped ringing she got a text:

U: Yo, is this Aaliyah? It's Urban.

And suddenly it clicked. Her friend Urban that she met in high school they've always been in pretty close contact, but ever since the recent success of Urban's best friend, Jack, they haven't talked as much as they used to. Maybe they like each other's post on Instagram from time to time but that's all. Aaliyah was almost surprised to hear from him so she texted back immediately:

A: OMG URBAN!!! yes it's me. how are you?

U: Im doing pretty good man. Hella on the road with Jack but it's going good. How are you?

A: im doing good too. still in school but i'm a stylist now too so i'm always busy and on the road. i'm actually gonna be in vegas and LA this weekend.

U: You've always been a hard worker. I'm proud of you Liyah. You'll be in LA this weekend? That's perfect.

A: thanks urb, i really appreciate that especially coming from you. and perfect for what?

U: Jack has a shoot for a magazine in LA on Sunday and he hates everything the stylist sent him. He likes the pieces but doesn't like the way she put them together. Can you help?

A: Umm, sure. Im not busy Sunday morning, I can stop by the shoot. send me the address.

U: THANK YOU THANK YOU!! You're a life saver. Its at DTLA Lofts.

A: i know exactly where that is. i'll see you sunday!

Aaliyah's heart started racing. This is the first time anything she's done would be featured in a magazine. And she'd get to work with Jack Fucking Harlow. Then it hit her.