PICKYOURPHONEUP

Aaliyah woke up the next morning to no calls or texts from Jack. She checked his instagram story and he posted that he was in Miami for a show. She clicked on the next story and seen that he was at a club w his friends. She tapped to the next story and could see girls dancing and... SAWEETIE. She was in the VIP section with Jack and his friends. Aaliyah immediately felt a heavy weight in her stomach. Everyone remembers the interaction Jack and Saweetie had at the BET awards earlier this year. Aaliyah unfollowed Jack and put him on do not disturb. Maybe she was being dramatic but what if Jack was just playing her? She wasn't gonna let herself get hurt.

Aaliyah got ready for her classes and then headed to U of L. She couldn't focus for any of her classes really. She just kept feeling a ball in her stomach because Jack's story. Aaliyah was in her last class of the day when she started spacing out thinking of all the possible reasons why Jack would have been with Saweetie last night. Maybe just for press? Maybe they're actually just friends or maybe they're actually together? Maybe Jack was just playing Aaliyah because he really wants to be with Saweetie. So many maybes. "Aaliyah, are you okay", her professor, Mr. Townes said softly. Aaliyah finally snapped back into reality, "Oh yeah i'm fine. Just a little tired", Aaliyah said back. She tried hard to focus for the rest of the class and she finally got through it. Mr. Townes let class out about 20 minutes early (thank god). Just as Aaliyah was grabbing her stuff, her professor stopped her. "Aaliyah are you sure you're okay? You're usually really focused even on tiring days", he said. "Yes, I'm okay. Just kinda had a long weekend", Aaliyah insisted. "Well listen, you get some rest and the paper that's due on Wednesday can be turned on Friday for you. I don't typically like to have favorites but you've been one of my best students in all my years of teaching", Mr Townes said. "Thank you so much", Aaliyah replied. She gathered the rest of her stuff and headed home.

    Aaliyah got home and checked her  messages and voicemails. She had a voicemail from Jack and 4 missed texts from Jack:

J: Goodmorning!!! I miss you
J: Yo, how's class?
J: Aaliyah are you okay?
J: Just text me or call me when you wanna talk. I hope you're okay.

      She then listened to the voicemail:

"Hey Liyah. I hope everything is okay. Sorry I didn't text you back last night. I got invited to do an appearance at this club and so I was there for a little after my show and then I just went to sleep when I got back to the hotel. Uhh yeah so I just had a busy night last night. I hope classes are going okay today. Uhh just call me when you're free or something just hit me back."

Maybe she was overreacting for real. He seemed really apologetic about not texting her last night and he obviously doesn't know that she's mad about Saweetie so she decided it was better to just communicate the issue. She decided to facetime him. 

The phone only rang one time before Jack answered. "Hello", he said immediately. "Hey", Aaliyah said. "Are you okay? You haven't hit me up all day".
Aaliyah paused. "What's going on with you and Saweetie?", Aaliyah blurted out. Jack was caught off guard by Aaliyah's question. He raised his eyebrow. "Aaliyah do you think i'm seeing that girl? We're just friends. I swear to God", Jack said. "Then why were you at the club with her last night? Especially after what happened at the B.E.T Awards? And you posted her on your story. You know what people are gonna think", Aaliyah exclaimed. There was a long pause between the two. Jack was trying to figure out the right words to say. He sighed loudly and began to talk. "Aaliyah, I understand why you're mad. And I can't see how bad this looks but nothing is going on between me and that girl. Honestly, we have a new song coming out and that was just our way of promoting it before it comes out. I will literally play you the song if you want", he argued. Aaliyah didn't say anything. Jack turned on the song that he and Saweetie had been working on. "It was good publicity for me and her to be seen together. Nothing is going on I swear. I wouldn't lie to you, Aaliyah", he added. Aaliyah was still quiet. She was thinking of what to say "Are you gonna say anything", Jack asked. "Yeah...i'm sorry. I should have just asked you about it instead of getting angry and ignoring you. Im really really really sorry", Aaliyah said.
"Look Aaliyah I forgive you and I can how I could have handled the situation better. You're the only girl I wanna be with. I'm not lying when I say that", Jack insisted. Aaliyah apologized once more and the two made up.

    They were on facetime for about an half an hour longer before they hung up. They caught each other up on the day and their plans for the rest of the week. Jack was getting ready to go to a sound check. "Bye, Liyah. Ima call you tomorrow okay? And you better pick your phone up", Jack joked.
"Yeah, ight. I'll think about it", Aaliyah said sarcastically before hanging up the phone.

   A few moments after she hung up, she got a text from Jack:

J: I gotta see you soon. Like ASAP I think I'm going thru withdrawals 😩

A: OMGGG NOT WITHDRAWAL 🤣

J: I'm fr I'm barely functioning over here

A: you're funny lmfao. come see me tomorrow if you're fr 😅😅😅

J: Don't test me.

A: LOL just called couple more weeks <3

J: I can't wait ❤️. Going into sound check now

  Aaliyah heart reacted to Jack's message and then finished her homework. She made herself a quick dinner, showered and then headed to bed. She slept peacefully knowing that her and Jack were gonna be okay. She turned on Netflix and watched a little bit of Girlfriends before falling asleep to the thought of Jack next to her.