SUNDAY NIGHT

Aaliyah woke up from her nap two hours later. Post nap clarity finally hit and she realized what she was about to do. She was going on a date with Jack Harlow. Her heart fluttered and sank to her stomach. WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING.

It was 7:30 and Aaliyah was adding the finishing touches to her makeup and made sure her outfit was perfect when she got a knock at the door. Could that be Jack already? She opened the door to find an older hotel employee holding a bouquet of red and white roses (her favorite). "Courtesy of Mr. Harlow", the old man said. Aaliyah looked at the man and the flowers nervously. "Umm.. thank you", she finally said. She closed the door and examined the flowers. There was a note: The universe couldn't keep up apart, why would it even try?- Jack. Aaliyah felt butterflies once more. What was Jack doing to her?

    8 o'clock rolled around and Aaliyah got a call from an unknown number. She assumed it was Jack and she assumed right. "I'm here ma'am", he said. Aaliyah replied with "okay" then hurried downstairs to the lobby area. Jack was waiting for her, holding a single rose. His eyes followed her as she made her way to him, the way he looks at her always made her nervous. "You look.. amazing", Jack said looking her up and down. "Thank you, you look great", she said nervously. "I can tell you're nervous, but don't be. I got you", he said. That was comforting for her. He's got her.

The two walked to a black SUV that was parked outside. Jack opened the door for Aaliyah and traced every inch of her body with his eyes as she was getting in the car. "You just look so good", he said licking his lips. Aaliyah giggled "you already told me that", she said. "And I'll tell you a million more times if I have to", he replied. Mans knows what he's doing. The two held hands and chatted in the back seat while the driver took them to their destination. "Where are we going", Aaliyah asked after finally realizing she didn't know. "It's a surprise", he said.

After about 15 minutes of riding around LA the vehicle finally stopped and Jack got out to open the door for Aaliyah. They were outside of a club called VooDoo that Aaliyah had never been to before. "This seems sketchy", she joked. "I can see why you'd say that, but just give it a chance", Jack said assuringly. He took her hand and the pair walked inside of the club. It was nothing like Aaliyah pictured. It was like a jazz club, more lowkey, with live musicians, and couples dancing on the dance floor. Aaliyah could smell coco butter, vanilla, and weed. She was in her black element for sure. The atmosphere was beautiful and peaceful. She loved it. Jack lead her to a table and the couple sat watching everyone dance.

     "I'm gonna be honest I was surprised to see you at the party", Jack said, "I was star struck almost". Aaliyah raised an eyebrow, "Start struck from me?", she asked. "I mean, yeah, I haven't seen you since my junior year. And who would've thought I'd see you at an industry party? You were looking so good. I mean damn, Aaliyah, you've grown up", Jack said. At this point Aaliyah was blushing, she felt like she was in a dream. "I mean yeah, i'm surprised you even remember me. We haven't talked since I met you my freshman year", Aaliyah said. "I didn't forget you. Me and Urban were hustling trying to make this rap shit work, I understand why you're upset that I didn't reach out. Ive asked Urban about you but I didn't wanna make anything too obvious, he doesn't know i'm here with you", Jack explained. Urban never mentioned Jack would ask about her when they talked. It was a little sus. "Urban never said anything to me about it. But why would he, I guess. So why did you bring me here, what are your intentions? Do you think i'm gonna sleep with you or something?", Aaliyah questioned. Jack looked up with a concerned look on his face when she said that. "Why do you think that I would just wanna sleep with you, Aaliyah? You don't see yourself as more than that", Jack said in a stern voice. Aaliyah looked at him with innocent eyes, "I mean I do, I just don't know what someone like you would want to do with me. I guess I just can't fathom the idea of you wanting me for more than sex", she admitted. Jack grabbed both of her hands and stared at her in the eyes, "Aaliyah you're beyond beautiful to me. I wouldn't bring you out here just to sleep with you, honestly. You've had a hold on me since the first day I met you and for some reason I found you again and I don't wanna let you go. There's something about you, Liyah", Jack said. Aaliyah was shocked and what she was hearing from Jack. "Really? Jack, I don't know if you know this but you were my first kiss ever. At that party when we danced together", said Aaliyah. Jack smiled, "I remember. We danced to Latch by Sam Smith. It felt like a movie", he said. Aaliyah agreed. "We should do it again. Yanno, dance together", Jack said. He grabbed Aaliyah's hand and the couple made their way to where the other couples were dancing. Jack traced his hand down Aaliyah's arm and to her waist pulling her body close to his. Aaliyah wrapped her arms around Jack's shoulders. A live singer performed 'Frozen' by Sabrina Claudio as the two danced.

--THE FLOWERS WILL BE BLOOMING, THE LEAVES WILL BE TURNING, AND SNOW WILL BE FALLING, WHILE WE'RE MAKING LOVE--
"So what did you mean by the note on the flowers. I know it's a Mac Miller lyric but what does it mean for us", Aaliyah asked. Jack pulled her body as close to his as he could. He looked down at her, "Look at me", he said using his hand to lift her chin. The two gazed in each other's eyes. "I wanna be with you, Aaliyah. For real", he said to her softy. He leaned down and placed his lips gently on hers. Aaliyah felt every firework you could possible feel.
-- THE FLOWERS STILL ARE BLOOMING, THE LEAVES WILL TURN AGAIN BY TIME WILL BE FROZEN FOR US--
Aaliyah got the same feeling she did when she was just a freshman in high school. She felt like it was only her and Jack in the entire room of couples dancing. Was she falling in love? She's never been in love before but she's never felt this way about another person either.

It was midnight before she even realized. She and Jack had spent the last few hours catching up on all that's happened in their lives, talking about music and fashion, their goals and dreams. Aaliyah never thought they would have so much in common. They sat at their table as the waiter brought them another shot. They were already 6 shots in at this point. Aaliyah feeling a little more drunk than she wanted to was starting to get tired. "Do you wanna go to my hotel", she asked? "Umm, yeah sure", Jack said sloppily. Aaliyah knew she was a lot more sober than Jack was. Jack called the driver and Aaliyah helped to walk Jack to the car.

Jack laid his head in Aaliyah's lap as they were riding back to her hotel. She ran her fingers through this soft brown curls.He slightly turned his body to look at her. "I don't think i've ever felt this way about a person, Aaliyah. I don't know I just feel like you were made for me", he said, his speech slightly slurring. "You're just saying that because you're drunk", said Aaliyah laughing. "I'd say that sober", Jack replied. Aaliyah knew he was serious but she still couldn't figure out why he'd feel this way about her. "There's other girls you could feel this way about. Prettier girls, skinnier ones, there's girls that are better than me", she said. "Look there's girls everywhere but they're not you. I don't want other girls now that have you", he replied back at her. He sat up and kissed her gently on the lips. The continued kissing until they got to the hotel.

     "Are you coming up", Aaliyah asked me when they arrived. "Uhh, yeah I can", Jack answered. The two made their way to the hotel room. Jack slightly stumbled into the room when Aaliyah opened the door. She walked Jack in and laid him on the bed. She took his New Balances off of him and placed them near the door. "Come lay with me Liyah", Jack said. "Let me put pajamas on and i'll be right there", Liyah replied. She got dressed for bed as quick as possible. She looked at Jack and he seemed to be sleeping already. She climbed into the bed gently so she didn't wake him. She crawled up next to him and laid her head on his chest. Jack wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. "Took you long enough", he whispered jokingly. He kissed her forehead. Aaliyah had never felt so safe before. "When do you leave tomorrow", Jack asked. "My flight leaves tomorrow at 5:30pm", Aaliyah answered. "I guess that means I'll have to get as much time with you as I can", he said back. "I guess you will", Aaliyah replied. The two laid cozied up and it wasn't long before Aaliyah realized they were breathing in sync. She couldn't believe what was happening. She was falling in love with Jack. Aaliyah closed her eyes and fell asleep to the sound of Jack's heart. He gave her one last kiss goodnight and the two slept there peacefully until the next morning..