7 ✧ Technically, I'm a princess

FORKS, WASHINGTON                              

After a long day at school, Luka and Valentina arrive at their home, "Let's go berry picking, Pookie. I'm in the mood to make a pie," Valentina tells Luka as they walk into their house.
        "Whatever you wanna do, Bug," Luka kisses her head and takes their bags to their bedroom.
        Valentina squeals happily and runs to the kitchen to get her handmade baskets. She places them on the counter and runs to the bedroom room to get a fluffy cardigan then heads back to the kitchen to grab the baskets before heading out through the back.
        The couple walks through the forest silently for about ten minutes before Valentina catches a glimpse of something orange, "Cloudberries!" She runs to the berries and begins to pick them. After picking enough cloudberries, they find blueberries, raspberries and mulberries, "These are gonna be perfect for my pie."
        Luka kisses his lover's cheek and they begin their journey back home when all of a sudden, Luka stiffens, "Someone's coming," he whispers in Valentina's ear.
        The first to arrive was Tobias and Eleanor followed by the rest of the family.
        "Val," Nathan says stiffly, a bit of a smirk on his face.
        "Hello, Nathaniel," Valentina replies tensely, "and everyone."
        "Who are you?" Tobias speaks.
"I'm a bit surprised you don't remember me seeing as I'm basically a carbon copy of my mother," Valentina sighs.
It was a bit funny for Valentina when the realization came to Tobias's face, "That can't be...I thought I'd never see you again..."
A smile comes across his face and Valentina can't help but laugh, she runs towards him and he embraces her. After their moment, they finally pull away from each other, laughing at each other's tears.
"Hi," Valentina smiles widely.
"My god! Look at you!" Tobias holds Valentina's face in his hands, a wide smile on his face, "You've gotten so big!" He places a kiss on her forehead and takes her in his arms once again, "I-I can't believe you're here..."
"Tobias, you know her?" Nathan asks, pointing at Valentina.
"This is my goddaughter," The Greenwoods look at each other in confusion, "her mother and I were good friends, I helped her deliver Valentina."
Luka snickers in the background and everyone turns to him, "Oh don't mind me, I'm just laughing about the fact that Nathan thought he really did something."
"Why did you come here?" Valentina's brows furrow in confusion. She had an idea, but she wanted to hear it from Tobias.
"Nathan came to me saying there was a new creature in town and that something was wrong with Emmett, I was concerned," Tobias speaks calmly, knowing how easily angered Valentina could be.
        "Clearly Nathan has some issues with his hearing because I remember stating the fact that my safety is at jeopardy as well as your family's if anyone is aware that I am here," Valentina informs him while shooting a glance at Nathan. She had a feeling that he would be a problem. "You of all people know this, Tobias."
        "You haven't told us anything and we're tired of beating around the bush," Nathan chimes in.
        "I told you that I'd tell you and your family in time. I can't go running about saying what I am. This isn't child's play, Nathan, this is serious," Valentina says calmly.
        "If it's serious then tell us!" Ava pleads, "You call us friends, yet you keep secrets from us."
"Alright, that's enough!" Tobias says sternly, but the it was already too late to stop Valentina.
        The frustration coming from Ava only made Valentina frustrated, "My whole entire existence has been a secret, Ava, do you think I like living like this? I've trusted you enough to tell you what I could and we've done nothing, but try to be your friends. All we've asked from you is your patience and you don't even have the decency to give us that?" The look of hurt across Valentina's face was apparent and the family of vampires look down in shame. Valentina takes a deep breath to calm herself, "Whenever you decide to trust me, just know my doors are open."
"Valentina, just wait a moment—" Tobias tries to speak with her, but takes off running back to the house. Luka sighs and shoots a disappointed look at Tobias before running after Valentina. He leaves the back door open, hoping that the family will listen to reason and apologize.
"Do you think they'll come?" Luka asks, taking a seat next to his lover on the couch.
        "If they come, they come. If not, we will speak when the time is right," Valentina assures him before laying her head on his lap, taking deep breaths to calm herself.
        An hour had passed and Valentina had fallen asleep on Luka's lap. A smile adorns his face as he hears various footsteps coming from outside. They knock on the back door, "Come in," Luka tells them before shaking Valentina awake.
        She sits up groggily with a yawn, "What's going on?"
        "They're here," Luka smiles at the family as they enter their home, "welcome."
        "Please, make yourselves comfortable," Valentina motions to the seats placed in front of her.
        Everyone sits down and there's a bit of an awkward silence in there before Tobias speaks, "I apologize, on my family's behalf, for their impatience. They didn't mean any harm, but that still doesn't excuse their behavior," he gives Nathan a pointed look.
        "Thank you, we accept your apology," Luka responds, "we just hope that next time, these things won't happen. I can only tame the beast for so long," the vampire jokes and Valentina smacks him on the arm, chuckling herself.
"I still can't believe you're here," Tobias gushes, "where've you been all this time?"
        "We fled to New Orleans after what happened," Valentina tells him.
        "The last time I saw you was on your eighth birthday, 1720." Tobias frowns, "If you're here then where is Lilith?"
        "She went back down for a bit, you know how she is. She loves being on the surface, but after a few years she gets tired of humans," Tobias chuckles at that.
        Valentina's mother never really liked to stay on the surface for too long. A couple hundred years here and there just to see how the world has progressed, but from what she's told him, she prefers to be with her husband down in Hell.
        "Who's Lilith?" Ava asks.
        "Have you ever heard the story of the first man and woman?" Valentina asks her.
        "Adam and Eve?" She asks confused.
        "Not quite," Tobias intervenes. "The first woman created was Lilith. She and Adam were created by clay. One night when they were having intercourse, Lilith refused to get beneath Adam and he was furious that she wouldn't submit to him so, she fled the Garden of Eden. Adam told God what happened and so he sent his angels after her and they found her in a cave. Nobody knows what happened to her after that."
        "That's how the story goes, but she told me she entrusted you with her past," Valentina says.
        Tobias nodded at that, "When your mother had nowhere else to go, Samael and Lucifer took her in. She sat by Lucifer's side as his queen. It was a bit more difficult for Samael because he's still a servant of God. They were in love, but Lilith grew tired of hell. Lucifer let her leave on the condition that she always returns to him. I believe she left Hell sometime around 1500 BC."
        "She spent almost 500 years with the Egyptians and stood by Hatshepsut when she ruled as they were close friends," Valentina tells them. Lilith has been through so much, but being close friends with Hatshepsut was one of the things that Valentina admired the most about her mother. Hatshepsut was the greatest pharaoh of Egypt and Valentina can only hope that she'll be half the woman Hatshepsut was.
        "The Egyptians used to believe she was the goddess Qetesh. Wherever Lilith went, she was liked by everyone," Tobias smiles fondly at the memory of his dear friend.
        "After leaving Egypt, my mother went back to Hell before coming back to the surface in 500 BC and was in Athens when it was founded," Valentina tells them. "She was traveling between Hell and Earth for many years until she met a French nobleman in 1710 and on October 31st, 1712, Lilith gave birth to a very powerful baby girl," Valentina winks.
        "With my help, of course," Tobias smiles.
        "Although he wasn't biologically my father, Valentin loved me very much and he was the best father a girl could have. The Cult of Bacchus, many haven't heard of them. They're a group of Dionysus-obsessed, powerful, yet delusional vampires. When they heard of my existence, they immediately tried to get their hands on me and Valentin was killed," Valentina explains sadly.
        "They murdered him?" Ava asks in horror.
        "Yes," Valentina clenches her fist tightly in anger before taking a deep breath. "My mother and I had to flee France. We went to New Orleans where we met a family of vampires who took us in. When I was old enough and had some control of my powers, I visited Hell for the first time."
        "So let me get this straight, your mother was the first woman ever created?" Vivienne asks in disbelief.
        "My mother was the first woman created by the god Yahweh and my fathers are the fallen angels, Lucifer and Samael. You have to understand why I couldn't tell you right away. God knows of my existence and has seen that I won't do harm, but many have tried to come for my power and I cannot put anyone in danger because of me," Valentina stresses and the family nods in understanding.
        "You keep mentioning 'fathers', what do you mean by that?" Eleanor asks.
        "It may be confusing or a bit of a shock but, both Lucifer and Samael are biologically my fathers."
        "Carlisle is that even possible?" Nathan turns to his adopted father.
        "Many children have come out bearing the DNA of two different males so she wouldn't be the first one. It's a bit more complicated because Valentina isn't human at all, but I've had the privilege to meet her fathers and you can just tell that she's theirs," Tobias explains and Valentina smiles because she loves knowing that she was similar to her fathers. "She looks just like her mother, though."
        Nathan sits back in a bit of a shock, "Hell and the devil exists?"
        "First of all, my father is not evil and he is not the devil, so please have some respect. You wouldn't have the knowledge you have today if it weren't for him. Second, Hell is not what you think it is. It's similar to the Greek underworld, more than anything," Valentina explains to him with a bit of annoyance. She hated when her father, Lucifer, was depicted as evil because he truly wasn't. He's not exactly right in the head, but evil isn't something he is.
       "That still doesn't answer the question," Ava points out, "what are you?"
        "I'm a Succubus," Valentina smiles. "Really, I'm a Nephalem. Half angel, half demon, but I connect more with my Succubus side."
        "A Succubus?" Elliot asks in confusion.
        He looks at Tobias for help but, Nathan answers instead, "She's a sex demon."
        "A sex demon? What? Those exist?" Emmett almost exclaims, "How does that even work?"
        "Technically, I'm a princess. I am the daughter of Lucifer, sin of pride and king of hell, Lilith, queen of hell and mother of all demons, and Samael, the angel of death. This makes me one of the most powerful beings to ever exist. That's why the Cult of Bacchus tried to hunt down my mother and I. If my mother and I were captured, my fathers would have to come to the surface and we know better than to let such petty creatures take advantage of us, no offense."
        They all stay silent for a moment before Nathan speaks up, "This is why you wanted to speak in private."
        Valentina sighs almost in aggravation, "Secrets are secrets for a reason. Our intent wasn't to hurt anybody and we showed you this. We showed you respect and allowed you into our home, I know that doesn't mean you should trust us, but you could've at least shown us the curtesy of patience!" The girl raises her voice with clenched fists.
        "I was worried after what had happened to Emmett. Then he and Jasper began to act strange or at least their thoughts were strange, all they could think about is you. I apologize for being impatient and forcing you to tell us what your secret was, I only had my family's best interest at heart," Nathan bows his head in shame.
        "I won't say it's alright because it's not. You need to learn some boundaries, but I forgive you," Valentina tells him.
        After a short awkward silence, Emmett is the first to speak up, "So do you have any crazy powers?"
        Valentina taps her chin playfully, "Well, besides heightened strength, speed, sight, and sense of smell, I can heal myself pretty quickly and I can heal others. I can shape-shift as well. I can shapeshift to any living thing I want," she lets her hair grow long before making short again. "I have two forms, an angelic one and a demonic one. I also have telekinesis and can manipulate people. Without concentration, a single touch can drive anyone crazy with lust, like what happened to Emmett, which, again, was an accident. I have more, there are just too many to count."
        "And what about feeding?" Tobias chimes in, "Your mother never explained that part."
        "It's quite simple really, Succubi feed on sexual energy. It's not like the stories you've heard. We don't steal men's sexual energy, we don't come into your dreams, and we don't suck you dry until you're dead. Succubi are more evolved than that. We have respect for the other creatures and beings of this world and we refuse to feed without consent. Men have demonized us, no pun intended, because we won't give them whatever they want. Those who go against our ways are punished, my mother is very strict about this rule."
        "Our dynamic works," Luka says, "we love and trust each other, that's why we feel comfortable feeding from each other."
        "So basically, you have sex," Emmett comes into the conversation, "feed on the energy from sex, he drinks your blood and then y'all are fine and dandy?"
         Everyone laughs and Valentina nods, "If you want to put it like that, then yes."
        "This still doesn't make sense. Why would you decide to come to a small town like Forks?" Ava asks.
        "Because we felt the mate pull once again."