Introducing the Characters

Some men call her cyanide
For she'll cause and take your pain.
To others she's the devil
Or the quest for true love's bane,
And, to those less lucky,
She's called their ball and chain.

— Phar West Nagle

Zoe Kravitz as Valentina Chevalier (née Beaufframont)Nephalem 18 (About 300 years old)

Nephalem
18 (About 300 years old)

Valentina is an extraordinary creature, half-demon, half-angel. At age 8, she fled France to New Orleans to live with a family of vampires for her safety. She officially met her fathers, who were mesmerized by her, at age 12. Once she turned 18, she left her place of hiding to explore the world where she met Luka.

Luka Sabbat as Luka ChevalierVampire-Witch Hybrid (Turned by Nik Evensson)20 (About 115 years old)

Vampire-Witch Hybrid (Turned by Nik Evensson)
20 (About 115 years old)

Luka was born as a witch to witch parents. He grew up in New Orleans on a plantation owned by his parents who housed previously enslaved peoples. At age 20, he was dating a well known witch. Luka was turned due to the witch's foolish actions. Luka was forced to leave New Orleans, but he then met Valentina.

Broderick Hunter as Emmett Greenwood Vampire (Turned by Jasper Greenwood)22 (About 175 years old)

Vampire (Turned by Jasper Greenwood)
22 (About 175 years old)

Emmett was born as just that, Emmett. He was born a slave, to slave parents who refused to give their son the surname of their master. He was exceptionally strong and loved playing sports. After attempting to escape, Emmett was found and lynched, but saved and turned by Jasper.