10 ✧ You're such a little minx

FORKS, WASHINGTON

                                  The sun is just rising, rays of sunlight peak through the leaves of the trees, shining into their bedroom. The feeling of fingers caressing Valentina's skin wakes her. She tries to shift to the side, but she collides against a warm body. Her brows furrow in confusion and she open her eyes which happen to catch a pair of silvery-amber ones.
        "Good mornin', sleeping beauty," Jasper smiles.
        "Your eyes.." Valentina whispers, tenderly touching his face.
        "Soon they'll be like yours," He kisses her forehead.
        "I'm glad," Valentina smiles.
        "Good morning!" Emmett bursts into the room with a big grin.
        "Morning, Emmett," Valentina chuckles, sitting up from her position in the bed, "what time is it?"
        "It's six in the morning. Hurry up and get ready, we're heading to Tobias's before school."
        "Tobias's? Not home?" Valentina asks in confusion.
        "This is our home now," Jasper answers for him and there is nothing that could possibly take the smile off Valentina's face.
        She heads to the bathroom to take a warm shower, wanting to wash away all the stickiness from the night before. Though, her body did absorb most of it. She heads to her closet after her shower decides on a Janis Joplin tee, flared cheetah print pants and black platform sandals. She stands in front of the mirror, changing her hair into different styles until she chooses with two pigtails.
        "I'm ready," Valentina announces, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a banana. She makes her way out the front door and the boys follow behind with Luka locking the door.
        Jasper tosses the keys to the Challenger to Valentina and they all pile into the car, quickly heading over to Greenwood residence. They leave their backpacks inside the car since they only had about twenty minutes of leisure time before they have to head to school.
        "Hello, family!" Emmett announces loudly with a big smile.
        "Good morning," Tobias smiles, greeting them in the foyer, leading them to kitchen, "Jasper called ahead of time, Eleanor made breakfast, would you like some?"
        Valentina groans happily, "Yes! Food!" Everyone laughs and Valentina skips to the kitchen, "Eleanor!"
        "Valentina! How are you, honey?" She pulls her in for a hug.
        "I'm great, really great, if you know what I mean," Valentina smirks, wiggling her eyebrows.
        "Valentina!" She scolds with a laugh, "Come help me set the table." Valentina giggles and helps her with setting the table as well as setting up the food, "Emmett had mentioned that you and Luka love French toast," She comments.
        "We certainly do, thank you for going out of your way to make it for us," Valentina presses a big, fat kiss on the vampire's cheek, "you're the best!"
        "You're family," Eleanor grabs Valentina's hands softly. "Boys!" Luka, Emmett, Jasper, and Tobias walk into the dining room, "I have to check on the cinnamon buns, but they're almost ready."
        "Emmett," Val says the vampire's name, "I wanna know how you met everyone. I already know Jas's story, but what about you?"
        "If you didn't know, I was born into slavery," Emmett says, "mama didn't want me to have our owner's name so she only named me Emmett. Basically, I tried to escape, and I got caught. They tried hanging me, but it didn't work as fast as they wanted it to, so they kinda left me there to die a slow death. Jasper found me and turned me."
"I'm so sorry you had to go through that," Valentina tells him sadly, grabbing his hand in hers.
"Thank you, but it's all in the past. I don't think about that time very often, but that's just how life was back then. I'm happy with my life now," Emmett smiles reassuringly.
"What about you guys?" Jasper asks, "How did you guys meet?"
"It was on August 18, 1969. It was a sunny day in Bethel, White Lake, New York," Valentina starts, "I had just woken up extra early to see my good buddy Jimi Hendrix play his set in Woodstock. So, I'm walking up the steps to the backstage area when this dude comes up behind me, all tripped up on acid, and touches me. Obviously, I was caught off guard and my influence affected him so he's standing there trying to hump me when a guy comes up from behind me and flings him away from me."
        "The guy flies like 50 feet away from us and just passes out from the force. Luka starts fussing all over me, asking if I'm alright. I thank him and we go backstage. He introduces himself as Luka Chevalier, a friend of Jimi's. We then had dinner with Jimi that night and we haven't left each other's sides since then. Sadly, we parted with Jimi soon after we met the guys from Led Zeppelin. We got married a year later on September 19, 1970, in New York."
        "Honestly, I'm not surprised that's how you guys met," Jasper chuckles.
        "Now that I think about it, didn't we go to Woodstock?" Emmett asks Jasper in confusion.
        "You know what, we did actually," Jasper agrees with a nod of his head.
        "Alright, they're all done," Eleanor places the tray of cinnamon buns on the table and Luka takes one and passes one to Valentina.
"Seriously? That's crazy, how—" Valentina's mind goes back and flashbacks come to her, "Oh my god..."
"What is it?" Luka asks worriedly.
"Jasper...we bumped into each other at Woodstock."
"What? No way..." Then his eyes widen in shock, "Wait, that was you?!"
"Oh my god, I remember you!" Emmett laughs, "You spilled your beer all over, Jas!"
        Valentina covers her face in embarrassment, "I did! I was so high, I couldn't even register what had happened."
        "It's crazy, I wish we got know each other back then, I bet things would've been much easier now had we known what we know today," Jasper sighs.
"This makes sense why yours and Emmett's bond was slowly dwindling. You all met without even realizing that you were mates," Tobias says.
        "All that matters is that we're finally in each other's lives," Valentina takes Jasper's hand and kisses it.
        "Alright guys, it's getting late," Tobias says. "It's time to head to school."
Everyone drops their dirty dishes in the sink before grabbing their things and heading outside. Emmett, Luka, Jasper, and Valentina get into the Challenger while Ava and Vivienne get into Vivienne's E30. They make their way to the school and park next to Blaire's black Camry, which was covered in anime stickers. Everyone walks towards the school, besides Emmett, who grabs Valentina and pushes her against her car.
"Emmett? What're you—" Valentina starts, but she's cut off by Emmett pressing his lips against hers. He had been on edge all morning, desperate to get another taste of his mate.
The vampire is practically devouring Valentina, it was almost as if he was getting high off her pheromones. Luckily, most of the students had gone inside so there weren't many there to witness what was going on. Jasper and Luka had left to do their own thing the moment they got to school and Emmett took it upon himself to torture his little demon a bit.
"Emmett, please..." Valentina moans as he kisses down her neck, grazing his sharp teeth against her skin.
"Princess, we gotta get to class," The vampire says, but the assault on her neck had yet to seize.
Valentina pushes Emmett away and grabs her backpack, "You're mean," she pouts and makes her way towards the school. A laughing Emmett quickly follows behind her.
"Princess, c'mon!" He laughs when she snatches her hand away from his grip.
"No," She makes a hmph sound and walks into through the double doors into the warm school. Hearing Emmett's laugh brings joy to her heart, but she had to keep up her act.
Emmett grabs her and kisses her once again, "Princess..." he murmurs against her lips. "Stop being brat..."
"Please..." The demon pleads, "Just a quickie, no one will even notice we're gone," Valentina whispers into his ear, pressing soft little kisses on his cheek.
"You're such a little minx," Emmett presses Valentina against the lockers.
"You love me," Valentina's forked tongue licks his lips and Emmett immediately ravages her, kissing his lover passionately.
Valentina moans softly, running her fingers through Emmett's short curls as he pulls her in closer, "Jesus, do you guys ever stop?" Kim asks with a laugh as she sees Emmett and Valentina making out against the lockers.
The pair break away from the kiss and Emmett wraps his arm around his mate's waist, "If you had a girl this gorgeous, you'd never want to stop. Plus, she does this little thing with her tongue—" He begins to tease her.
Kim fake gags and covers her ears quickly, "Ah! TMI, dude."
Emmett's laugh fills the hallway and Val laughs along with him, "He's just teasing you, Kim. But I really can do this thing with my tongue—"
"Val!" She screeches and they laugh even harder, "Oh my god, you guys are too much! How does Luka even deal with this?"
"He has Jasper and trust me, they love playing tonsil hockey just as much as Emmett and I."
"This is insane," Kim shakes her head, "I'll see you guys later," she says and waves us goodbye.
Val groans upon hearing the bell ring, "I'll see you later, princess," Emmett says.
"Don't go!" Valentina whines, hugging the burly vampire.
"We gotta get to class," He chuckles and places a kiss on her pouty lips.
"Ugh, fine," She kisses him hard before stomping away.
"Don't be a brat!" He calls out to her.
"Eat my shorts!" She yells back without turning around. She rolls her eyes as she hears Emmett's laugh chorus through the empty halls as she turns the corner.
In Biology, they spent the period watching the movie Lucy and discussing the theory of only using five percent of your brain and what if would be like to use your brain to it's fullest potential. Then, in Government, they started The Pianist, which is a great movie and really captures the tragedy that was the Holocaust. In Calculus, the class decided to watch Baby Driver, another great movie. Too bad Ansel Elgort was a fucking creep.
In Gym, though, the class had the most intense game of dodge ball. Luka and Valentina were on opposing teams, and they ended being the last ones left. The demon sent a ferocious ball to the face which Luka dodged, but it bounced back from the wall and hit him, causing him to lose by default and Valentina's team to win. The price for the winning team was a pizza party, but in the end they brought out more food for everyone to enjoy.
"Ugh, I'm so full..." Valentina groans as she sits at the lunch table between Emmett and Luka.
"What happened?" Emmett asks, rubbing her belly while she leans against him.
"Valentina thought it'd be a good idea to eat six slices of pizza and four doughnuts," Nathan tells him with a chuckle.
"It's the last day of school!" Ava squeals, sitting down at our table.
"Are you guys excited?" Luka snickers, "I'd be too if I had done it like a million times."
Ava rolls her eyes and smacks him across the chest, "Luka!"
"What?" He asks, feigning innocence.
"We still have senior year left," She continues, "and hopefully that'll be the last time for a while."
"Ya'll have money, don't you?" They nod at Valentina's words, "Well, there you go. You don't always have to keep coming back to school, live a little! Get a small job like selling jams at a local market or something. We literally live forever and y'all have been going to school for most of your lives? Aren't y'all tired of that? Vivienne, you and Ava both love fashion, you could start your own clothing brand. Jas, you could be a history professor or something. Em, you can be a sports trainer. Nathan, you could compose music. There are so many things out there!"
"Y'all don't have to live a human lifestyle for the rest of eternity, being a vampire is an advantage. We don't mind staying in Forks for a bit, but there's no way we could stay here forever. We're not even gonna be here for the summer," Luka says.
"So you guys have plans for the summer?" Blaire asks the pair, sounding interested as she leans against the table.
"We're going to Malibu," Valentina answers excitedly.
"Malibu?" Ava asks, "As in California?"
"Yes ma'am," Val nods, "have you ever been?"
"No, we've always tried to avoid places that are crowded," Ava's shoulders slump in slight sadness.
"Well, we have a house there and y'all are welcome to come," Luka offers, wanting to spend the summer with them.
"It's too risky," Nathan mutters, "we could get caught."
"Our closest neighbors are twenty acres away, we own a private beach, have very high fences as well as trees around the house, and it's fully equipped with one-way mirror glass. It's completely safe," Luka responds to his comment.
"I don't know.," Nathan says wearily.
Valentina groans, throwing her head back, "Dude, stop being such a pussy and live!"
"I'm not a...p word, I'm just trying to keep everyone safe," Nathan says in annoyance.
Valentina snorts, "Okay, Captain America."
"What?" He looks at her confused.
"You don't even get the reference, I—" Valentina shakes her head. "You're deprived. We need to sit you down and force you to watch some Marvel movies. Anyway, listen, you can't speak for everyone, Nathaniel. I get it, I really do. You're trying to think rationally because you want your family safe, but you can't force anyone to stay, that's not how things work," Val crosses her arms. "So, who's coming?"
They all stay silent, "How are we supposed to feed?" Nathan asks.
"Let us worry about that," Luka smiles.
"Yes!" Ava squeals, "I'll go!"
"We go wherever you go," Emmett grins, speaking for both himself and Jasper. 
"Viv?" Valentina asks, hoping she'll say yes.
"It's been a while since I've soaked in the sun, I'll go," Vivienne shrugs and Ava kisses her cheek happily.
"It'll be fun," Blaire tells Nathan, holding his hand.
He sighs heavily, but nods, "Alright, we'll go as well."
"And instead of going out during the day, we could always go out at night. We can go to the movies, dinner, Hollywood, etcetera. There are so many things to do in California, we'll have fun, I promise," Luka tells them.
"That settles it, we're going to Malibu!" Valentina cheers.
After school, Blaire had pretty much begged Valentina to ask her parents for permission. The demon obliges and they drive to Blaire's house. A pretty, wooden two-story house.
"Cora's pretty chill," Blaire says as she drags her feet on the ground, walking up the driveway, "Tim on the other hand...he can be strict, but its only 'cause he cares, ya know?"
        "It's alright, I'll crack him," Valentina snickers, "don't worry about a thing."
        "Did you let your parents know what was going on?" Blaire asks.
        "Yeah, I told them what to say just in case he asks," Val reassures her friend. "Everything will be okay, just trust me."
        Blaire nods and takes a deep breathe before they walk through the unlocked front door, "I'm home!" she yells slightly.
        "How was scho...ol?" A beautiful woman appears in the foyer, "Who's this?"
        "This is my friend, Valentina," Blaire introduces her friend to her adoptive mother.
        "It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Walker," Valentina shakes the woman's hand.
        "Cora's fine," the woman smiles widely, "sorry about my rudeness, Blaire's never really brought a friend around here."
        "It's fine and I'm surprised, Blaire has quite the few friends," Val teases the human.
        "Shhh!" Blaire shushes her friend, "She's not supposed to know that!"
        "Oh, hush up," Cora laughs, motioning the girls to the kitchen, "how was school today?"
"It was fun, we had a good time," Blaire answers vaguely. "Look, I'm just gonna get straight to the point. Valentina's family has invited me on vacation and I wanted to know if I could go."
Cora sighs, "You know if it were up to me, you could go, but you know how Tim is about these things."
"Cora!" A man's voice is heard from the front of the house.
"In the kitchen!" Cora calls out then turns to give the two girls a pointed look, "Make sure to butter him up," she gives a wink to Valentina and Blaire.
"Hey, who's car is that outside?" A very handsome, tall black man enters the kitchen, stopping in his tracks at the site of a stranger in his house, "Who's this?"
"This is my friend, Valentina, the one I told you about..." Blaire says, playing with the rings on her fingers.
"Oh, it's nice to finally meet you, Valentina. I'm Tim Walker," Tim shakes Valentina's hand firmly, a hold which she returns.
"It's nice to meet you as well, Mr. Walker," Valentina smiles.
"What're you girls up to?" He asks, taking a seat at the dining table.
"Don't know yet, might go to First Beach and chill with Eli for a bit," Blaire shrugs.
"Where's Kaira?"
        "She's probably over at Auntie Marie's with Breanna and Kevin. You do know today was the last day of school, right?"
        "Actually, I forgot," Tim says sheepishly.
        "So, Valentina, when did you move here? What're your hobbies? Tell us about yourself," Cora asks, setting a fruit bowl down in the middle if the dining table and passing some forks around.
        "Well, my boyfriend and I officially moved here about a month ago. I got back in contact with my godfather, Tobias Greenwood, and we had a house built near his home. We were very close when I was younger, but I had to move a lot throughout my childhood. And as for hobbies, I'm really into cars, music, art, you name it. My parents gave me the space to be creative and I picked up on anything I could honestly. I dunno...I'm 17, I'm a Scorpio, I was born in France, but I grew up in New Orleans. My boyfriend, Luka, was also born in France and raised in New Orleans, he's a Pisces," Valentina chuckles. There weren't many things to say seeing as she couldn't expose herself.
"You're a Scorpio?! Me too!" Blaire asks excitedly.
"I'm October 31st."
"November 17th."
"Do you know your moon and rising?"
"Capricorn moon, Scorpio rising," Blaire laughs at Valentina's face.
"It's alright, girl. I'm a Scorpio moon and rising so I know the struggle already!"
        "What's Luka?"
        "Scorpio moon and rising too," Valentina laughs.
        "See, I knew there was a reason why I liked you guys so much," Blaire says, taking a grape in her mouth.
        "Alright, alright, enough with the astrology talk," Cora chuckles as she sees the look of confusion on Tim's face. She looks at the girls and then back at Tim, hinting they should ask.
        "Okay, ima just cut to the chase, Mr. Walker, I actually came here to speak with you about something..." Valentina admits, just wanting to get done with the whole ordeal.
        "Go on," Tim encourages her, but hoping Blaire hadn't done anything wrong.
        "Well, I'm here to ask for permission on behalf of Blaire. My family and friends are going to California for summer vacation, and I wanted to invite Blaire, all expenses paid for, of course."
        Tim sighs, "Blaire..."
        "I know, I know, but I'm begging you to give me another chance. I know I haven't been the easiest to deal with, but I promise I'm changing. I've been going to my sessions consistently, I rarely go out, I'm doing well in school. Just please..." Blaire pleads.
        "Will there be adults present?" Tim asks Valentina, looking out for any hint of a lie.
        "Yes, sir. My mother and father will be there," Valentina lies perfectly.
        "I would like to speak with them," Tim tells her and Valentina nods, taking out her phone and dialing her mom's number before handing it to him.
        "Hello?" Lilith answers.
        "Hello, this is Tim Walker, Blaire's guardian," Tim says.
        "Oh yes, hello! I'm Lilith, Valentina's mother. What can I do for you?"
        "I just have a few questions about this vacation. Who will be going, where are you staying, what're the arrangements?" Tim asks.
        "Right. My husband, Lucian, and I will be there with everyone, Valentina's boyfriend and the Greenwood family will be attending as well as a couple of their friends from out of the country and we will be staying at our vacation home in Malibu."
        "The Greenwoods are going to be there?" Tim looks at Blaire pointedly.
        "Yes, they are very close family friends."
        "Are you aware that Blaire is dating Nathan Greenwood?"
        "I am aware, yes, but I assure you the kids will be under supervision. We have quite a large house so the boys will stay on the east wing with Lucian while I stay with the girls on the west wing."
        Tim looks at Blaire who was looking down at her hands, expecting him to say no, "Alright, I appreciate your honesty, Lilith. You take care," he says before hanging up the phone. There's a moment of silence and Tim rubs his face with his hands, "Alright, Blaire, you can go."
        Blaire's head shoots up in shock, "Really?! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she wraps her small arms around the tall man.
        "Please don't make me regret my decision," Tim sighs with a small smile on face.
        "You won't regret it! I promise!" Blaire yells excitedly after she grabs Valentina's arm and hauls her upstairs to her bedroom.
        "What are we doing?" Valentina chuckles at her friend's excitement.
        "We're packing, of course. I need your help choosing a few outfits," Blaire opens up her closet and Valentina's almost dumbstruck at the amount of clothes in her closet.
        "Alright then, let's get started," Valentina smiles.