3 ✧ I'm a grown ass man going to high school

FORKS, WASHINGTON

                            Luka places his arm around Valentina's shoulder as they made their way into the school. All eyes were on them, but it's not like they minded. Both Luka and Valentina enjoyed being the center of attention. Small towns like Forks probably don't get new students often.
        "Hi!" One of the students quickly greets the couple, a boy with a girl at his side, "I'm Andrew and this is Kim. You must be Valentina and Luka."
        "Yeah, we are, it's nice to meet you," Valentina says and Luka flashes them a smile.
        "We're from the school paper and you two are news baby, everyone's been talking about you," Andrew starts off, "would you mind if there's a feature of you guys?" To which the couple responds that they don't really mind.
        "So we were wondering if we could get a candid for the feature?" Kim asks with a hopeful smile.
        Valentina raises her eyebrows in surprise, "Oh, um, sure!" Luka shuffles closer to her and they smile for the picture.
        "Great, thank you!" Kim smiles after she's taken the picture, "Do you mind sitting with us during lunch for a few questions?"
        "We wouldn't mind at all," Valentina tells them, "we still have to get our schedules so we'll meet up by the cafeteria, is that alright?"
        "Yeah sure, it was nice meeting you!" Andrew says excitedly before Kim drags him away.
        "You too!" Valentina calls out after them. Luka wraps his arm around her shoulder once again and they make their way to the front office. When they get there, there front desk lady is speaking to someone, specifically a vampire.
        They walk up behind him and wait for her to be done. Valentina watches the boy closely and notices when he tenses up, knowing that he's caught her scent. She inhales deeply, taking in his sweet scent and cologne then sighs softly.
        "Thank you, Jasper," The front lady speaks.
        "Jasper.." She whispers. Soft enough for anyone not to hear, but him. He turns almost abruptly and stares the couple down, eyes turning dark.
        He was more beautiful than they ever could've imagined. He was tall, taller than Valentina and Luka, and lean, but you could tell he had some muscle to him. His chin-length, dark honey brown hair fell beautifully in the softest waves, framing his chiseled face.    
        His eyes were intense, almost the same shade as his hair, as he stared at the couple in front of him, oddly drawn to them. The exposed skin of his neck and arms was littered with scars, unable to be seen by the human eye. To anyone else he would've been terrifying, but in their eyes, he was perfect.
His eyes catch Luka's first before he glances at Valentina. They watch as his fists clench in what would seem to be pain. Jasper takes a deep breath, glancing at the couple once more before stepping out of the room.
        "Hi, what can I help you with?" The lady in the front asks.
        "Hi! We're Valentina and Luka, we are here for our schedules," Valentina smiles at the happy lady.
        "Oh right, the new students!" She says excitiedly, "I'm Mrs. Cooper if you ever need anything. Where are you guys from, if you don't mind me asking?"
        "We're both originally from France, but we've traveled around a lot. We went to school in New Orleans before coming here," Luka tells her, repeating what their records should say.
        "I remember I went to France once with my husband," Mrs. Cooper sighs, "It's such a beautiful country and I wish I could go again." Valentina and Luka both thank her as she hands them their schedules, "Oh, it's no problem at all! And if you need anything, remember to ask for Mrs. Cooper," She smiles.
        "Will do!" Luka and Valentina wave to her and step out of the office. She checks their schedules and lets out a breath of relief, "We have all our classes together, let's head to English." 
        Luka throws his head back with groan, "Do we really have to do all this?"
        "Not really, but where's the harm?" Valentina answers cheekily.
        Luka takes her hand with a huff, "I'm a grown ass man going to high school, that's the harm," he says as they make their way to Building 3, following the school map.
        "Stop being such a baby, it's only gonna be for a little while," Valentina kisses his cheek. On their way to class, they catch another scent again and that's when they see him.
        He's much taller and muscular than Jasper with a cocky smile adorning his face. As Luka and Valentina start to pass him, he catches a whiff of their scent and stops in his tracks.
        The slim blonde with him grabs his arm in confusion, "Emmett?"
        The boy, Emmett, begins to check the couple out. He looks at Valentina first, starting from the bottom all the way until his eyes catch hers. He smirks and cocks his head to the side in interest. He looks over at Luka and his amber eyes widen slightly in what seemed to be wonder.   
        He lets out a small laugh when Luka sends him a wink before walking past him. Emmett glances at Valentina who also sends him wink, which causes the vampire to shake his head in amusement.
        When they get to the door of the classroom, the couple notices Andrew and another girl, "Andrew! Hi!" Valentina greets him.
        "Valentina! Hey, this is my friend Blaire. Blaire, this is Valentina and Luka. They just moved here from..." Andrew trails off, having no idea where they're from.
        "New Orleans," Luka tells him.
        "But we were born in France," Valentina smiles.
        "It's nice to meet you," Blaire flashes a small smile at the couple.
        "It's nice to meet you too, Blaire," The couple says simultaneously.
"Blaire's from London, but she just moved from Seattle," Andrew says. 
        "Must you tell everyone my whole life story," Blaire sighs.
        "Yes, if it means you'll make more friends," Andrew pinches her cheek and she swats him away.
        "God, you're so pushy," Blaire pushes the boy away and snorts when he trips over a backpack, causing him to fall on the floor, "Sorry about him, he can be quite a pest," She sticks her tongue out at Andrew.
        The bell rings and they all walk in, Luka and Valentina going over to the teacher's desk, "Hi, I'm Valentina and this is Luka, we're your new students."
        "Nice to meet you, I'm Mr. Stanton," He gets up to the front of the class and everyone quiets down. "Okay class, we have two new students. This is Valentina and Luka, I hope you all treat them with respect," Luka and Valentina flash the class a smile.
"Blaire and Andrew, I'm gonna trust you two with helping Valentina and Luka with whatever they need."
        There's an empty table in front of Andrew and Blaire so, Luka and Valentina are sat there by Mr. Stanton when she notices something. Something completely invisible to the human eye, but visible to any supernatural creature. There was a bite mark on her right wrist, exactly like the ones Jasper had. A vampire had bit her, yet she was still human.
        Blaire notices Valentina staring at her arm and she looks at her with her eyebrows furrowed before pulling down her sleeve. Valentina sends her a wink then turns back around with a smile and begins to doodle in her notebook, not bothering to pay attention to the class.
         Being alive for three centuries had its perks. She already learned what she needed to learn for school, more times than she needed. Valentina spent a lot of her younger years in hiding, with only close friends and family allowed to visit and be around her. She was a shy girl and kept to herself, always learning whatever she could, whenever she could.
        Valentina was a phenomenal student, mostly excelling in the arts. She's known many artists personally, sat in studios with the greatest singers and musicians of all time, and even had the chance to tour with a lot of them. Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, as well as many others and they're all so special and dear to Valentina's heart.
        Over the years, Valentina realized that if someone is truly your friend, they will do anything to keep you in their life. That's why she told many of her friends the truth and while she didn't tell them exactly what she was, but she did tell them that she was immortal.
        Some were envious, but they came to understand that this wasn't a life that Valentina chose, but rather a life that she was born into. A few asked if they could be immortal as well but after explaining how they would have to live in hiding forever, they decided that her kind of life wasn't for them. They wouldn't have been the legends they are today.
        "Valentina!" The girl is snapped out of her thoughts when she hears Blaire call out her name.
        "Hm?" Valentina blinks and looks around to see the class empty.
        "Class ended, let's go," Blaire says softly.
        "Oh, sorry," Valentina apologizes and gather her things quickly.
        Luka stands behind her, "You good, bug?"
        "Yes, I was just stuck in my memories. I'm fine, I promise," She smiles brightly at the two. "So what do we have next?"