8 ✧ She's pretty tame for a sex demon

FORKS, WASHINGTON                       

At Valentina's announcement, the family of vampires looks at her and Luka in shock, "I'm sorry, what?" Ava asks confused, "I-I never saw that in my vision."
        "Luka and I were traveling up the Nunavik region when we caught two different scents heading south. After it passed, we went to the nearest home. Surprisingly, it was someone my mother used to know. We spoke with the elder of the Kunuk tribe and after explaining the situation, she told us who you were and where you lived. We've been here for almost a year, trying to get everything situated," Valentina explains.
        Luka picks up after her, "We knew we couldn't go knocking at your door saying 'hi, we're your mates so we decided to start things off slow."
        Valentina leans into Luka, "We found a real estate agent to help us build a home outside of Forks and we waited until the construction was finished to attend the high school in order to get closer to you before breaking in the news."
        "If that's the case then who are you mated to?" Vivienne asks with an almost shaky voice, "You said there were two."
        "It's Jasper.." Valentina says and he leans back on the couch with no expression, "..and Emmett."
        "Both of us?" Emmett asks dumbfounded, gesturing between him and Jasper. The girl nods and he becomes even more confused, "But how come we can't feel it?"
        "Succubi produce a pheromone that is very powerful, that could be why you didn't notice it," Tobias explains to him.
        Valentina nods in agreement with Tobias, "When you're near us your mind is only focused on my scent which overpowers the mate scent. It was pretty easy to hide the scent."
        "This explains the whole pool situation," Emmett realizes.
        "But three mates? Is that even possible?" Nathan frowns and crosses his arms.
        Tobias answers for Valentina, "Succubi can have more than one mate. Usually, the more powerful the succubus is, the more mates she has."
        "But, Emmett and I are mates," Jasper states the obvious.
        "Just like Valentina and Luka are mates, but without each other, the bond isn't strong enough," Tobias explains to him.
        "Jasper," Valentina says his name calmly, "no one is forcing you to do anything you don't want to do," she tries to reassure him. "This goes for you as well, Emmett. We just ask that you get to know us before you both decide you don't want anything to do with us. Luka and I are a package deal and so are you. We don't want a relationship where there's only two or three of us. We want both of you equally."
        "I just, I can't—" Jasper gets up abruptly and walks out of the house.
        "I have no problem joining you," Emmett admits, "but it's hard for Jasper to trust people. If he refuses, I'm gonna have to refuse too."
        "We understand that," Luka tells Emmett.
        "Luka, why don't you stay here and keep the everyone company," Valentina says to Luka before standing, "I'm going to try and talk to Jasper."
        Valentina steps outside and finds Jasper sitting on the porch right above the pool. She takes a seat next to him, making sure to keep some space between them so that Jasper won't be uncomfortable, "Penny for your thoughts?"
"This is a lot to take in," Jasper says stiffly.
"I know, I'm sorry," Valentina sighs.
"It's not your fault. It's just hard for me to trust people after what I've been through."
Valentina turns to him, "What happened, Jasper?"
"I was born in Memphis, Tennessee in 1843. Ever since I was a little boy, my parents always told it didn't matter if people looked different on the outside, we were all the same on the inside. My father had been gathering some information for the north and when I was 18, it was my duty to join the Confederacy as a union spy. I rose quickly through the ranks, something my father believed only I could do and by my twentieth birthday, I was the youngest lieutenant in the Tennessee Cavalry," He chuckles dryly and Valentina carefully places her arm on his shoulder to comfort him.
"I thought I had been careful when I left the night I was killed. I received a letter from my father with instructions for evacuating a group of slaves. I didn't know anyone had followed me. It wasn't until we reached the meeting location that they ambushed us. Everyone there died due to my carelessness," He says through gritted teeth, hands clenched into fists.
"I woke up a few days later chained in a cellar. A man named Victor turned me. He was the right hand man to a vicious woman, Camilla. They learned of my gifts after five almost successful escape attempts. When I become more of use to her, she killed Victor and claimed me as her mate and I believed every word. Camilla had me create an army for her. She wanted back her territories and I was the best fighter she had witnessed in many years so she took advantage of that. I trained the newborns and when their purpose was fulfilled, she made me dispose of them.
Jasper turns to his newfound mate and looks at her with anger and sadness in his eyes, "I could feel everything they felt and it kills me inside...I remember their screams, the confusion...it still haunts me. I didn't know there was another way until Ava found me," He chuckles, teary-eyed with tears that can never fall.
"When she came to me, I thought she was angel. She helped me out of the darkness Camilla had buried me under. I was with her for 15 years before we found Tobias and that's when I met Emmett and she met Vivienne. Even though Emmett and I love each other very much, it always felt like something was missing and I'm guessing that's because of you."
Valentina nods, "That day in Canada was one of the happiest moments in my life because even though I hadn't met you or Emmett, I was happy that we had found you. We would never take you for granted and we will love you how you deserve to be loved, we just ask you keep an open mind. Try it out and see if you like us."
"We were happy that we found you," Luka sits down next to them along with Emmett and pulls Valentina onto his lap.
"Wow, I'm mated to a princess," Jasper chuckles.
Valentina smacks his arm playfully, "You're mated to the princess," she smiles.
"You hear that, Emmett?" Jasper turns his head, "We're mated to the princess," He teases.
"She's pretty tame for a sex demon, don't you think?" Emmett smirks.
"Don't get her started, Emmett," Luka warns jokingly, "She's got quite the appetite."
"Yeah? Well, so do I.." Emmett mocks while sitting in between Jasper and Luka.
"Naughty, naughty, don't talk about things like you know what you're getting into..." Valentina crawls out of Luka's lap and onto Emmett's.
A throat clears and their eyes snap up to meet Tobias's, who would've been blushing from embarrassment had he been human, "We're heading out. Jasper and Emmett, are you staying?" They look at each other before shaking their heads.
"No, not tonight," Emmett says.
"Maybe some other time," Jasper winks.
The four of them get up and Emmett picks up Valentina for a big hug. She notices Jasper and Luka sharing a moment before embracing intimately. They were definitely going to become close in the future. Valentina pulls away from Emmett and soon, she's in Jasper's arms and Luka is in Emmett's. Jasper pulls away after a moment and presses a soft kiss to the top of her head.
"We'll see you both tomorrow?" Jasper asks.
"Yes," Valentina and Luka answer simultaneously.
"Good," Emmett smiles.