May's Adventure

You and May had made your way through Routes 104, 105, and 106 as you guys approached Dewford Town and the isle it was positioned on. The journey itself lasted a good day, which meant you two would arrive by the night and be able to battle Brawly, the gym leader, the following day. A Pretty good exchange. It gave May plenty of time to find a possible counter to Brawly's fighting types, yours as well.

Sure Duskull could handle his own and Mudkip wouldn't be caused any serious harm as well. But it was always nice to stay prepare. Reports of an Abra were always around Dewford. So a nice psychic type would always do wonders. Still, the trip itself was rather nice as you and May got off at the main docks of the town and walked a little to make it back to solid land.

May did a little spin and took in a deep breath as the smell of seawater was still prevalent. You rolled your eyes and followed her a little bit up towards the edge of the docks.

(Y/N): If you wanted the smell of the sea so bad, you are aware our entire journey has basically been along the coastline, right?

May: I know. But I just love small ocean towns like this one. Rustboro is nice. But it is too industrial to be something like this.

(Y/N): As true as that is. I think we should head down to the caves and-

May: Oh no!

(Y/N): Excuse me?

May: Every day so far on this journey we have gone along with your plans! Doing what you want to do. Well, today we are changing that.

(Y/N): Our battles are tomorrow though?

May: No one is forcing us to battle tomorrow. So by definition, they are not tomorrow. So, we can go ahead and push the extra day and gather up pokemon tomorrow while tonight we do something that I have been wanting to do since Oldale.

You cocked your eyebrow as May gave you a smile. The next thing you knew, you were inside a department store, sitting on a bench like a child as May was...somewhere in the store. Along the bench with you was some 8-year-old boy, also in a similar position to you; leaning forward and using your hands for support.

(Y/N): So? What did they get you for?

Boy: Threw darts at my dad.

(Y/N): Metal.

Boy: What about you?

(Y/N): Pokemon journey.

Boy: Catch anything cool?

(Y/N): Got a Duskull the other day.

Boy: Who was your starter?

(Y/N): Mudkip.

Boy: Lame.

You slowly shifted your head over to the boy with the most disgusted look you could ever conjure up at the current moment. You slowly got up and walked down the way of the store, passing a few isles until you arrived at the dressing rooms. Torchic was sitting outside of you and when she saw you, she fluttered a little.

You softly pet her and knocked on the door behind her.

May: Occupied.

(Y/N): It's me.

May: Yeah?

(Y/N): How much longer do we have?

May was silent. You waited a few more moments until you knocked on the door again.

May: Give me a few moments!

You sighed and walked out of the area and back down on a bench. You leaned back a little as you went to your Pokedex. You scanned through a couple of the pokemon you and May had found together. From Geodude to Wingull, Magikarp, and a few more grass types. It was slowly becoming a nice catalog. As to how Birch was doing...honestly, that man was an enigma ever since the day you moved to Oldale.

After a few more moments, some in a little sundress stepped before you. You looked up and saw it was May. She smiled at you and she spun a little. She gave you a smile and you looked her in the eye. You couldn't deny it. She did look beautiful. But its not like you were about to say that to her face. That would be weird. After a few more seconds of staring, May snapped her fingers a little.

(Y/N): What?

May: Well? Any input?

(Y/N): It's a dress. You want me to write a paper on it?

May: Don't be like that. I just want to know if it looks good or not?

(Y/N): You look fine. Don't worry about it.

May smiled a bit, almost like there was a blush to her face as well. However, she turned back as you stood up to face her.

(Y/N): Look, we've been here for three hours already. Can we just buy something already and leave.

May: Look around a little. Maybe there is something you can find and enjoy.

(Y/N): Yeah, like the exit.

You walked off as May rolled her eyes and went back to the dressing rooms. You looked around in the game section of the store. There wasn't much there in terms of portable games, but it was cool to see their selection. But it was still nothing you were going to spend money on. At least not now. So, after a couple more minutes, May walked up beside you and gave you a smile.

May: Found anything you like?

(Y/N): Yeah. The exit's right down there.

May rolled her eyes.

May: Alright, come on then.

The two of you walked to the checkout and waited for a little second. You guys finally got up to the cashier and paid for May's items. You had no idea what she bought but by the end of it, you had two whole bags you had to carry with May carrying two herself. You didn't say much as you two walked out of the store. But once you got about halfway down the road, you turned to her.

(Y/N): So, where are we going now?

May: Well, we can't carry all these with us. So, there's a post office nearby here. I can go ahead and used some of the money we got from Roxanne and ship these back to my house in Oldale. So, now I can finally enjoy this stuff back home.

You rolled your eyes a little as you two continued the walk. Once inside the post office, it was more of the same. Standing around, waiting for May to handle most of the affair as you just lingered in the background. It wasn't much but you were just ready to get out of there. So, finally, after a few moments, you at least got to change your position as May took your bags and filed the items bought, and placed them inside a couple of packages.

Again, a few more minutes until finally, she was done. She walked up to you with a smile on her face and looked at you like she had just beaten the Elite Four.

(Y/N): Are we finally ready to go?

May: Don't be like that. You have to admit it was slightly fun for you too.

(Y/N): I'm going to say no, it wasn't.

May looked at you slightly annoyed as she grabbed her bag and walked out of the post office with Torchic behind her. You rolled your eyes and followed her as you both walked out into the town. You ran up slightly and caught up with your partner as you both walked the streets together. You sighed a little and looked at May.

(Y/N): Did you have fun?

May: Yes. I did. Because I love doing stuff like this.

(Y/N): Well, care to explain why that is? Maybe I could learn a thing or two then.

May looked at you, confused as you said that. However, she smiled as she picked up the pace and walked with you.

May: Well, it can be fun sometimes.

You looked at her as you two walked. Seeing May smile like that...it was nice. It was nice to see the peace in her eyes and voice. So, you two continued onward towards a nearby hotel to call it a night on this long, painful, and albeit, pretty alright day. So, the closer you got, the larger the smile both May and yourself had on your faces. You would be more than prepared for tomorrow then.