Welcome Home

Surely enough, the plan worked out like a charm. You two had walked back to Fallarbar Town, smiles on your faces as you two had gotten recent captures. To say you guys were excited was an understatement. And luckily when you guys did make it back to town, you guys were able to find a sky cab waiting there. You both hopped onto the cab and flew on down towards Petalburg City. You guys laughed a little, talking about how you two could improve your team's performance and strategy.

But a large concern was that of May and her new Zangoose. She was worried, to say the least. Afraid of Zangoose disobeying her and costing her a battle. You consistently tried to reassure her in that there was nothing to worry about at all. While skeptical, she trusted your judgment and liked your reassurance. Honestly, it was kinda nice to be the more optimistic one of the relationship.

The flight was relatively fast, getting across Lavaridge and Mt. Chimney. You smiled down at the town, thinking about the good memories of the place. You pulled back a little and turned to May who was also looking down at the town. You smiled and wrapped an arm around her. May's head perked up a little as she smiled back at you. Soon enough, you both arrived at Petalburg, waving to the taxi rider as he took off once again.

You sighed and smiled as you watched the Corvidknight take off once again. As you were looking up into the sky, May was looking forward. She smiled warmly a little and lightly tapped you on the shoulder. You turned to her and she pointed forward. You turned around and saw a man walking up to the pad with Professor Birch at his side. You, of course, already knew who this man was. It was your father, Norman. He walked up to the pad as Birch walked past him and directly up to you both.

Birch: Look who it is! How are my little trainers?

May: Phrasing!

May laughed a little as Birch hugged you both. Once you two broke from the hug, your eyes shifted over to your father. He walked up to you, giving off a cold and distant stare. He was always like this. You knew he was going to be like this. This was just like your mother always talked out.

(Y/N): Dad.

Norman: Son.

He reached out and softly patted your shoulder. He gave a nod and a small smile. It was this that made you think things were going to be different. That he could actually drop the cold shoulder act he had going on for most of your life. He grabbed your arm and placed something in your hand before slowly letting it dropdown.

You looked at it and saw it was nothing more than the Balance Badge. Your eyes darted up to look into his. He slowly began to walk off, giving you a two-finger salute as he did.

Norman: Don't want to keep you waiting. Forrtee City is a helluva journey. The next taxi should be here in the hour. Winova is a pain. Don't let her distract you.

You just watched with May and Birch as your father walked away. You gritted your teeth as you saw him leave once again. As your father walked off, he saw the badge fly past his head and bounce down the stairs. He turned back to you and saw the anger on your face.

(Y/N): I don't want your stupid badge! I came here for a battle and I'm going to get it!

Norman: I'm doing you a favor. How about you take it for once and-

You tossed out Marshtomp and pointed at your father.

(Y/N): Mud shot!

Marshtomp quickly went in for the move. Norman tossed out a poke ball and a Slacking emerged and took the hit. Slacking roared out as Norman stepped around it.

Norman: Don't be a brat.

(Y/N): Then don't be a cheater!

Norman: It's called using your resources.