Our Lives (Epilogue Part 2)

It had been six years since the journey you and May went on had officially concluded, and things were looking up for you both. You guys were 18 now and ready to go out into the world and get things done! And each of you had two plans in motion already for things to come. But, of course, it wasn't all smooth sailing for you guys, either. And yeah, things had been hectic, to say, for these last few years, especially when it came to home life for a few of you.

You eventually lost interest in being mad at your father. It wasn't because of some vindictive nature, you just grew to accept the fact that he wouldn't be around for most of your life. Eventually, around a year prior, when you were just 17, your parents finally split due to distance in a quiet divorce. Your father still lived in Petalburg, and you and your mom made residence in Littleroot town nice and quiet.

May, on the other hand, had some troublesome life developments. Nothing seriously wrong, mind you. But well...needless to say, she was living with you and your mother ever since she was 15. See, she called out her mother for the accusation of the father was Wallace. That sparked a little heated argument between the two, and things did not go well. Finally, you and May got a DNA test and confirmed that Wallace wasn't the father. The real father was a man named Juno, living up in Sinnoh. And that was what you guys were going to do.

You and May decided to try out a fresh region, see the sights up north as compared to the cool and sunny south of Hoenn. It also helped with careers you both had chosen for yourselves in addition to all that. May had taken Wallace's advice and branched out, becoming a very great competitor and, frankly, loving every second of it. So much so, she wanted to compete all around the world after winning a few tournaments in Hoenn. As for you, you just wanted to get away from it all. You wanted to find new trainers. New challenges. New people to help.

You were a battle instructor. And one who wanted to know it all. And May was more than willing to take you along with her on this ride. Something you were just jazzed about as well. So, now at the rightful age of 18, you and May were packing up to your things and getting ready to head up north. You closed your suitcase and sighed a little, rubbing the back of your neck as you got done packing.

You took a step back and glanced around your room, and smiled a little. Walking out of the room and down the hall, you stopped at your girlfriend's room and smiled as you saw her packing too. You cleared your throat a little, causing her to jump slightly before looking back at you.

May: Don't do that!

(Y/N): Do what? I'm just standing here.

May: You know what you did.

(Y/N): I say nothing but the truth.

May laughed a little and walked over to you, kissing you on the lips. You returned the kiss and smiled back at her.

May: You're cute sometimes.

(Y/N): You mean all the time.

May: Shut up, man.

May laughed and pushed herself off of you, and walked back into her room. You leaned against the door and smiled a little.

(Y/N): Still know the plan?

May: I made the plan. Of course I know the plan. I'm only half stupid, remember that?

You laughed a little and walked into the room with her.

(Y/N): I know, I know. Just popping jokes.

May rolled her eyes a little and closed her suitcase. She pulled it off of the bed and grabbed a belt of pokemon balls and smiled a little. She nodded at you and you smiled back at her with the same nod.

May: We land, we find Juno, we break it all down. See what he is like and if good, stay there, if not, get the hell out of there. Problem solved.

You gave May a nod and smiled at her. You walked out of her room and down to yours, grabbed your bag and waited for her to join you. Once outside, you gave her a warm smile and walked down the stairs to see your mom in the kitchen. She had two baggies before her on the counter and smiled at you and May.

Mother: There you two are. I hope you both are excited.

(Y/N): We are home. What are you going?

Mother: Well, pokemon journey or nor, you can never leave home without a plan for food.

Your mother held up two bags. You sighed and rolled your eyes a little. May reached over and took the bag and smiling widely.

May: Thanks so much. For everything.

Mother: Of course, sweetie. Anything for you. You always have a home here.

May smiled widely as you tapped your finger over your crossed arms. You cleared your throat again, and May jerked over to you. She nodded a little and stepped back.

May: Well, we should get running.

(Y/N): Yeah. Especially if we want to make our plane.

Mother: Well...alright.

Your mother walked up to you and hugged you tightly. You hugged her back and felt her cry a little.

Mother: I am SO proud of you. And everything you have done.

(Y/N): I know, mom. You tell me every day.

Mother: Good. So you'll never forget.

You pulled back a little from your mom and smiled warmly at her. She hugged you again, and the two of you stayed like that for a few moments. Until finally, you both broke apart, and she smiled again at you.

(Y/N): I feel like I need to ask if you are ready.

Mother: I'm not. But what mother is.

You smiled at her and nodded. You turned to May and gave her her own nod, and she smiled. From there, you two were off down the road again to your next adventures. The walk to the airport was relatively silent as you and May just let nature take away all the sounds of the world. You closed your eyes a little and took in a deep breath as you guys got close to the taxi service nearby.

May: Whatcha thinking about?

(Y/N): Just life, I guess. I'm not really sure. I guess I'm just happy.

May: You have every right to be.

May smiled and took your hand with yours. You gave her a warm smile as the taxi pulled up. You both got into the car and gave the driver directions. You leaned back in your seat and smiled a little to yourself. You tapped your hands down on your knees, creating a little beat. May was looking out the window a little herself, watching the trees blow on by. She rested her head on the door of the car and continued to watch.

May: What do you think he's like?

(Y/N): Your father?

May nodded.

(Y/N): Who knows? I'm guessing an addict.

May: You're a horrible person.

(Y/N): I know I am. What's your point?

May: I'm serious.

(Y/N): Well, whatever he is like. Doesn't really matter. We already know what we want to do. It's our lives. No one else's.

May: You've been living life that way for years now.

(Y/N): I know. It works to keep productivity up.

May: Good call, then.

You smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder and smiled a little. She smiled back at you and kissed your cheek softly.

May: I love you.

(Y/N): I love you too.

And so you two rode off into the day together. Living your lives to the fullest.