Fallabar

You and May arrived in Fallarbar late into the night. It was a smooth walk, but it was also pretty boring moving up and down the terrain all day. It also didn't help much that your worries about the relationship would always creep into your mind day after day. You and May got situated in a hotel room, choosing to take the night off. Luckily, your earnings were able to go ahead and pay for your rooms and dining with little cost of worry. So, from that, you both agreed to chill for the night.

As you were resting on your bed, Marshtomp came out from his poke ball and stood next to the bed. You turned your head over to him, softly patting the top of his head. Marshtomp smiled widely at you, getting you to chuckle slightly. You looked back up and sighed once again. There wasn't much you could really say here. You sat up and walked over to your nightstand, looking around for your wallet. Once found, you checked inside to see how much disposable cash you had left. You nodded a bit and looked at Marshtomp.

(Y/N): Wanna check out this place?

Marshtomp was quick to agree, nodding along and following you out your room door. You began to stroll a little around the small mountain town. It was kinda like Lavaridge but not completely cut off. You looked around the place, seeing some of the stone walls that formed the natural barriers of the town. Among other things, it was relatively peaceful. There were some lost pokemon here or there, presumably wild.

You whistled a little and walked to the outskirts of the city and smiled. As with everything, you were at peace about it all. While those thoughts hit you in the head, you shook them off. Now was not the time to worry about it. You went to your phone and looked at the maybe of the region.

(Y/N): Now then, while we are up here, we can try to nab some pretty good pokemon. After that, we can take a taxi on down to face Norman and then continue on the journey. Route 114 has some great variety of pokemon, being able to nab a good grass type. That would give me primarily at least a water, ground, physic, and ghost.

You smiled a bit as you looked down at Marshtomp. He offered you a smile as well. You laughed a little and began to walk out of the outskirts of the town. As you walked, you moved your hands to the back of your head and rest a little.

(Y/N): At least we got a plan in motion. So from there we can go ahead and march on forward.

Marshtomp called out in agreement. You smiled at him and looked around the town.

(Y/N): While we are out, we might as well go in for another lap or two. Just to go ahead and burn ourselves out. Even if we realistically don't need to.

Marshtomp called out again, agreeing with you once more. You smile and began to move around the town, just trying to cool your head. Granted you guys had been on a workout craze all day today with going up and down and left and right, more so, and move on. But at the end of the day, it wasn't terrible. You and Marshtomp just began your walk, enjoying yourselves on this cool and lovely night.

Back at the hotel, May was with her team, all of them out with the TV turned on. May was watching a movie as Trapinch and Pelipper were both dancing back and forth, playing with one another. Combusken and Abra were both beside May, resting on the bed as May flipped through the channels. She groaned a little and tossed the remote slightly to the side as her head fell back down onto the pillows.

May: What to do? I guess maybe a mock battle? But that would be a beat down for some of you guys. And I'm not doing that. Maybe I could go see what (Y/N) is up to. Maybe.

May turned to Combusken.

May: He said he was worried about us? What do you think he meant? Like, am I going to ruin this relationship?

Combusken shook her head, agreeing with May. May sighed and stood up a little, looking back at her partner. She sighed a little and shifted around on the bed and turned back to her pokemon.

May: Be honest with me: Are you agreeing with me to keep me in a good mental headspace or are you agreeing with me because you legitimately think I am correct in my thought process?

Combusken blinked, eyes wide a little. May sighed a little and laughed slightly.

May: Right. You aren't used to me talking a little more adult.

May crawled off of the bed and got to her feet. She sighed a little and turned back to her team. By now, most of them had their eyes on her. She turned around and looked out to the night sky of Hoenn. She turned back to her team and smiled at them.

May: Well guys, what do we all feel like doing tonight?

Her team looked at each other and shrugged a little. Quickly Trapinch began a little fight, this time with Combusken, moving around the room. May sighed and she rested against the wall. She laughed a little and took off her bandana and got ready for bed. She turned back to the window and looked out once again.

May: I do wonder what he is up to? If I'm this bored, I wonder if he is still sane.

As May said this, you were returning from your walk around the town. Sight wise it was pretty nice, well, at least in terms of the environment. In terms of the wildlife, pretty hostile. You had to do battle with a couple of pokemon who wanted to attack you. But hey, made Marshtomp stronger which was always a good thing.

Still, now you wanted sleep more than anything. As you walked up to your room, you began to feel around for your room key. As you patted yourself down a little to try and find it. However, there was no luck. You did do battle with some Rattata, so...they stole your key. You groaned and contacted security who said it would be a few hours. So with that said, your mind defaulted to one source.

Inside her room, May was getting ready for a nice long sleep. That was until the door knocked. Silently, she walked over with Combusken to open the door and saw you standing there.

May: What happened?

(Y/N): Rattata stole my room key while I was walking.

May sighed as she opened the door for you.

May: Come in.

You sighed and walked into the room. Once inside, May's teammates looked at you with some smiles and nods. You sat down on a couch as May walked over to you.

May: I was about to call it a night.

(Y/N): It should only be a few hours. They need to make a new key since it was taken.

May sighed and sat up on the bed.

May: Maybe your girlfriend, but I'm calling it a night here.

(Y/N): Fine by me. I'll be here until they give me a call.

May smiled at you as she walked from the bed. You raised an eyebrow in confusion until May walked back with some sheets. She walked over to your couch as she set it down beside you. You looked at her and she gave you a smile.

May: You're basically going to end up sleeping here. At least get comfortable.

(Y/N): I don't want to-

May: It's fine. Keep you comfortable.

May smiled at you, it wider now than ever before. You nodded a bit and began to get ready for bed yourself. May took the main bed as her team went around the room as did Marshtomp. You laid along the couch, only using a pillow and a small bit of sheets from the extra's closet. You both slowly began to drift, to sleep, letting yourselves rest up.

Before you could ultimately went to sleep, you went over to look at May. Seeing her rest there. You smiled a bit. Despite all things, you had some level of hope. Maybe this would work out after all. And with that, you slowly began to fall asleep, letting yourself drift off to bliss.