To the Eighth

The battle turned out very successful for you both. While not as quick as May's fight with the twins, it was just as much as a struggle since your only water type in your party was Swampert. Granted, with Nuzleaf and Kadabra, but still. The challenge done, you and your team earned yourselves another badge. From there, the next and final leg of your joineries began towards the final gym badge and battle, all the way down to Sootopolis. A large city within an inactive volcano. A little dangerous, but hey, you weren't a designer or planner, so who were you to judge?

You and May boarded another ship and took off down the coastline. You placed your hands on the railing and looked out the sea as you guys approached the Secret Isles. You took in a deep breath and smile widely. Letting the breeze hit you in the face as your smile grew a little more. May laughed a little as she got up from her deck chair and over to you. You glanced back at her and raised an eyebrow.

(Y/N): What?

May: Nothing. I'm just surprised that with every single trip, air or sea, we take, you always seem enthralled by it.

(Y/N): I guess it's just the wild. I didn't get the experience for years. I don't know, really. But it is always nice to look at and experience.

May: Seconded that, then.

May stood beside you and looked out to the sea with you. You both smiled a little as you guys pulled into the port of the massive isle. As the ship pulled in, you two gathered your things and stepped on off. You glanced up to see the massive mountain containing the city and gave a little whistle as you looked it over.

(Y/N): Alright. I will be serious, and I do want to check this stuff out.

May: We certainly can. But we should probably check out the gym. Plus, I do want a day where we get to try on a few things.

(Y/N): Didn't you go cloth shopping like a week ago?

May: We've been on the road for 5 months, and I haven't been shopping in 4. So yes, I need to.

You rolled your eyes, clearly annoyed. May began to walk down the docks, leaving you by yourself. You shook your head and took off behind her, entering the city with her. You glanced around the city to see its massive pool of water in the sent of the whole city. People were climbing up steps and diving down, traversing the entire town. You whistled a little as you saw the feats before you.

(Y/N): Impressive. Weird architecture, though.

Male voice: That is because of the structure history of the entire region.

You and May turned around to see a tall man with slicked-back black hair and a blue overcoat on. He bowed a little and smiled at you both.

Juan: My name is Juan. Former gym leader of this fine city.

(Y/N): Oh well, that's fantastic and...did you say former?

May: What happened?

Juan: Oh, nothing. Just got bored of the matter, is all. Left it to my student Wallace. I take it you both are here for the challenge.

(Y/N): That we are.

May: And I guess for some casual exploring.

Juan: Ah! Lovely! Simply lovely! Come, I shall show you the way.

Juan smiled and walked past you both and down the road. You glanced over to May and shrugged your shoulders a little. She returned the shrug but continued on walking after the former gym leader. You sighed a little and followed behind as well, confused and unsure of what was happening. You guys continued your path down the street, finally stopping in front of a large building near the center of the city.