Cave Time

After a good night's rest, you were more than excited about what was to come next. While spending time with May was alright, now it was time for something you both had been wanting to do for some time now. You were finally going to go into those bloody caves of Dewford Town and grab some psychic-type pokemon for your battles. You were a little giddy but at the same time, you couldn't wait. You were inside the main lobby of the hotel room as May finally stepped out of the bathroom.

You smiled at her as she walked up to you and looked at you like you were a kid in a candy store. She raised a finger to you and you sighed a little and breathed a bit.

May: There. You better now.

(Y/N): I'm sorry. It's just given the facts of yesterday, no offense.

May: Slightly taken.

(Y/N): I just want to get out there and get some pokemon. There are a few Abra's out there. So...are you ready to get going and get capturing?!

May: Yes. I am ready. Let's go.

You smiled at May as you both walked outside of the hotel and down towards Granite Cave. It was a bit of a hike, having to go up through Route 106 to get to it, but once you two were there, you were ready for action. You two walked into the cave and quickly looked around. May threw out her Torchic as you did the same with Duskull.

(Y/N): Alright buddy. We're counting on you if something bad happens. Ok?

Duskull nodded back in confirmation as you all began to move through the cave system. Granite cave wasn't nearly as big as some other caves you had explored around Hoenn so far, but it was still a treat, to say the least. You two took a few steps as you saw some Zubats flew down and around the cave.

May quickly scanned them with her Pokedex and smiled as they flew away. She looked down and saw the data coming in through her dex. She looked up and saw you move a bit forward as you continued to look through the cave. May walked up a bit as you continued to walk through the caves.

May: So, we know that the next gym is fighting-based. Fighting-types won't be much. Along with dark or rock types. What are the chances of finding an Abra down here?

(Y/N): They are mostly along the first level. So, that would mean that if we hang out around here, we have a pretty good chance of finding them.

May: Right then.

You and May began to look around the cave for a few more moments. There wasn't much in the way of conversation, but it was nice to embrace the silence a little and continue forward. You two would wander a little bit more down the floor until you reached the edge of the cave. Once you did, you two moved to the corners, normally finding Zubats than anything else. That was until you pushed some stones off to the side and heard some whimpering.

You looked down with Duskull providing some light as saw a little Abra in the middle of some rocks. You gasped a little and reached down to the pokemon.

(Y/N): Hey little guy. It's ok.

You reached down and picked the Abra up and slowly pulled him to his feet. Well, you got him out of the backshift cage before softly setting it down onto the ground. May had run over to check up on what was happening. As you let the Abra walk, you noticed it had a slight limb. You quickly went down to your knee and looked at the damaged leg the pokemon had.

(Y/N): You're hurt.

You took your bag off of your back as you rummaged through some of the medical supplies you brought along with you. You quickly dampened a cotton ball and applied pressure to the wound. The Abra whined a little in pain.