To Mossdeep

You and May had stayed out training for around an hour or 2. Definitely towards the latter, but that frankly wasn't the point for the time being. You guys had increased the power of your teams and got things up to snuff. You were happy with how things went, especially with Nuzleaf and Sandshrew. They were on the weaker side of things but now, with how much power you guys threw at one another, they were up to standards and happy with how things had worked out. Plus, it was nice to work with May again on the training course.

And now, you guys were on your way to Mossdeep. It was a nice peninsula town, and here you guys were, ready to claim another gym under your domain. You guys got off of the path and walked into the town. You smiled a little and got onto your business face on. May glanced over at you and smiled as well. She looked forward and tried to get a similar game face on. You glanced at her and smiled a little as well. She glanced at you and nodded at you.

May: Let's do this thing.

(Y/N): Seconded! Let's roll!

You guys smiled and took off toward the gym. As you guys found the road leading to the massive coastal building, you glanced over to May a little.

(Y/N): So, do you want this one first, or want me to get it?

May: I got this one! You just hang back and watch this time!

(Y/N): Done.

You guys smiled at one another as you entered the gym. Standing up front were Tate and Liza. You patted May on the back and walked up to the stands as she entered the arena.

Tate: And you are?

Liza: Here for a battle! Right?!

May smiled and nodded.

May: Right. Here for a nice challenge.

Liza: Yay!

Tate: Fine then. Let's rock and roll! Double battle!!

May's eyes widened a little, as did your own. Tate threw out a poke ball and, from it, a Claydal. Liza did the same and threw out her Xatu. May cracked her knuckles a little and smirked. From her selection, Pelipper and Sealeo were up. May gripped her palms as a referee stepped up to the official stance. You leaned forward a little, excited to see where the fight was going to go.

May: Pelipper, Water Gun! Sealeo, Ice Beam!

Both pokemon went in for the attack.

Tate: Earthquake!

Liza: Xatu! Confuse ray!

As Pelipper fired off its beam of water, Sealeo doing the same for ice, Claydal shook the ground, throwing everyone off of their game. Xatu dove in, trying to get in close for a guaranteed hit. May's eyes widen a little, and she looked to Pelipper.

May: Pelipper! Wing Attack! Cover Sealeo!

Pelipper cawed and flew up, negating the Earthquake. From the position, he dived down and slammed into Xatu before Confuse Ray could have gotten off. As Xatu was forced to the ground, Pelipper flipped forward and began to fly around the arena. He glanced over to Claydal and fired off a water gun. Claydal was hit with the attack but was able to get out of the path.

Tate: Psychic!

Claydal got Pelipper in sight and used the attack on him. Pelipper was slammed to the ground, but it left Claydal wide open. May smirked a little, realizing the opportunity before her.

May: Sealeo! Water Pulse! Bring it down!

Sealeo whopped forward a little and unleashed the attack, Claydal was hit directly in the face and knocked back. Xatu got up, and Liza saw her own chance to attack.