one

It's gonna be weird going to Forks after living in Jacksonville with Renee for so long. But, Bella needed help and it's always been about Bella so I have to go help. I climb out of the taxi, pulling my bags with me. I reach the door and contemplate whether I should knock or not, ultimately deciding to knock. The door swings open to Bella with an expectant look on her face. That look quickly drops when she sees it's just me. "Oh. Just you." She says. "Just me," I mutter. "Come in." She steps back, watching me lug my bags in, I don't expect help so not getting any is nothing.

I sigh, dropping to the floor in my bedroom, sitting surrounded by my bags. I hold my head in my hands, knowing this is how it's gonna be while I'm here. It's always gonna be about Bella. It always will be. "Hey, Alex?" "Yeah, Charlie?" I practically hear him wince at the use of his name but he continues. "Bella and I were headed to the diner and I was wondering if you'd like to come along." "I'm good." I lift my head finding him standing in the doorway. "You sure?" "Charlie, I'm okay." He nods, slowly walking away and closing the door. I sigh, dropping my head again.

I listen for them to leave before walking outside, sitting on the stairs. A truck pulls up as I shiver in the cold. "Is Bella here?" A teenage boy asks as he climbs out. "No. She's at the diner with Charlie." He stares at me for a moment. "You look familiar." He states. "I'm Alexandria. Bella's sister." I let the cold air nip harshly at me as I pull my jacket off. "I'm Jake, Bella's friend. Are you not cold?" He pushes his hair out of his face. "Freezing." I laugh. "You should go inside, Alexandria." He says. "I'm okay. I just wanna... embrace nature." I state. "Embrace nature with a jacket on." He jokes.

I slowly pull my jacket back on, staring at him. "You seem like you'd be a good friend," I state. "You should come around with Bella at some point." I shrug, nodding. "Yeah, maybe." He walks back to his truck, smiling at me. "See you around, Alexandria." I shake my head, Jake seems nice. I stand, walking into the woods, a quick walk could help clear my mind. I walked all the time in Jacksonville. I shove my hands in my pockets, walking until I reach a small clearing, sitting in the center, I look around. I might like living in Forks. I lie back, looking up at the sky, grey clouds, and no sun.

I stay lying there as the clouds darken, swirling above my head, rain starts to pelt the ground around me. I stand, starting my walk back to the house, watching Charlie come out and then jog to me, wrapping his arms around me. "I thought I'd have to call a search team. You've been gone for hours." He jokes as he hugs me causing me to freeze. "I just went for a walk." "In the rain?" I shrug, pulling back. "It wasn't raining when I left." I push the dripping hair out of my face, starting to walk inside. "Thanks for the worry though, Charlie." He nods, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

I sigh, walking into the bathroom, stripping down to shower. I stand under the hot water, letting it turn my skin red, letting it hurt before climbing out. I wrap myself in a towel before going to my room. Once dressed I knock on Bella's door. "Jake stopped by for you earlier," I state before walking away. Her door swings open and she glares at me. "Jake came over and you didn't even call to let me know?" She growls. "I didn't know I had to." I scoff walking back to my room. "He came for me, why wouldn't I need to know?" She snaps. "Because he stopped for two minutes. Big deal."

"It is a big deal, Alexandria." "I'm so sorry, Isabella." I close my door in her face, locking it and sitting on the floor again. Sometimes I just have to lie down and let the world go past me because it's too much. Everything feels like too much. I sigh, lying back and staring up at the ceiling. I miss the warmth of Jacksonville, although I love the cold of Forks. Feeling it nip harshly at my skin reminds me I'm alive. The following day I wake up on my floor, my still packed bags surrounding me as someone knocks on the door. "Alexandria, Jake wants to meet you again, you're coming with me."

"How many times do I have to tell you to just call me Alex?" I groan, sighing. "Shut up, Alex. Get dressed. We need to go." She snaps. I stand, pulling on jeans and a t-shirt before walking out. "Why am I coming with you again?" I ask as I follow Bella down the stairs. "Jake wanted you to come around, he said you said you would." "I didn't mean to intrude, it was mostly a joke," I state, rubbing the back of my neck. "Yeah, whatever." She shrugs, walking out the door. "I can stay home." "Just get in the truck, my God, Alexandria." "Alex," I mutter, climbing into the truck.

When we arrive at Jake's, he comes out, smiling at Bella. "Hey, Bells. Alexandria." "Alex." I correct. "Alex." He nods, motioning us to follow. Bella stops me before we walk in. "Tell dad and I'll kill you." She swears, walking inside. I huff, rubbing my arms as the cold air surrounds me. I walk inside, sitting on the small couch he has, watching Bella and Jake interact. She seems happier with him, her eyes light up, the color comes back to her face, she laughs. I feel bad for intruding. "So, Alexan- Alex, what made you move to Forks?" He asks. "Um, Bella, actually." I shrug, looking down.

"Oh?" "Yeah, Renee and Charlie were a bit worried and thought maybe I could help." I shrug again, lifting my head up to find Jake staring at me. "You call your parents by their names?" "It bothers Renee, Charlie doesn't mind so much," I state, watching the emotions flash across his face before he shrugs, nodding. He and Bella start to work on the motorcycles again, that's right, motorcycles. "Can I go for a walk?" I ask as I start to stand. "Don't get lost, I don't have time to come find you." Bella states.

a/n: you guys have wanted an embry story for so long and im finally giving you one :D