LERTHENIL-LOOKS 2 HUMAN YEARS] [LEGOLAS-LOOKS 8 HUMAN YEARS]

Please eat." Ada begged. I giggled, as I did not know how to talk yet. He was becoming frustrated with me because I wouldn't eat the gross mashed apples he was feeding me. "Ada?" Legolas asked, walking into the dining room. "Yes son?" Ada asked. "Can I go out into the forest?" he asked. "Later." Ada said, "Can you help me with Lerthenil?"

       Legolas sighed, "Sure." "Try to feed her." Ada said, handing the bowl and spoon to my older brother. The elf made his way in front of me and poked my baby lips with the spoon. "Eat it." Legolas said. I giggled, opening my mouth, allowing Legolas to put the spoon in my mouth. I made a face that caused my father and brother to smile and laugh.

       A servant elf came into the room and spoke something in Elvish to Father. "Legolas, I have to attend to some duties. Please take care of her." He instructed. "Yes Ada." Legolas sighed.

       After finishing my lunch, Legolas took me to his bedroom. I crawled over to his toybox and peaked inside. I picked up two dolls and crawled to Legolas who was on his bed reading. "Le-lllee," I started. I haven't said my first word yet, so Legolas turned his attention to what I was trying to say. My baby face was concentrated while I kept attempting to say his name. "Llleeeeeeeh." I squeaked. Legolas picked me off the ground and placed me on his bed. "Go on, Lerthenil." he urged. "Llleeeeg. Leeg. Llleegg. Lleeeegy. Leeegy. Leeggy." I managed to say. "You said my name! Well my nickname..." He said. I giggled again and said, "Leggy." "We have to tell Ada!" he exclaimed.

       "Ada! Ada! Ada!" Legolas said, me in his arms. Once he caught our father's attention from Lord Elrond, Legolas said, "She said my name!"

       "I'm sorry Elrond." Ada apologized. Elrond smiled at him, "No need to apologize. I would like to hear this myself." Legolas' blue eyes focused on and he told me to say his name. I stumbled on my words, well, word again but managed to say "Leggy." Ada's face lit up like a christmas tree and he took my from Legolas. "Good job. Lerthenil!" He said, pressing his lips to my cheek.

       "Can you say Ada?" Lord Elrond asked me. "Ah. Aaahh. Aahd. Aad. Aadaa." I managed to say, slowly. Father had a huge smile on his face. He kissed my cheek again and set me down to go play with Legolas again